What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruitment Rankings vs. On Field Success

You win at CU and you are in the hunt for the NC. Unless he really loves a team like GTech (played for them) I don't see him leaving.

You win at CU and you are in the hunt for the NC. Unless he really loves a team like GTech (played for them) I don't see him leaving.
This.

There aren't many places where this is true. A one-loss KjSU team could be snubbed, as could a one-loss Baylor team. There are quite a few P5 schools that fall into that category. CU isn't one of them. Hell, a 2 loss CU team was something like .00002 computer ranking points away from the NC game; this year that team would be in the playoff.

Because we actually have history, when we start winning 9 or 10 games a year, we'll get the votes that UO, **** Baylor, and other upstarts had to fight for years to get (and still lose at the slightest hint of weakness).

I know we've sucked for a long time. But... the only coach that has ever been "hired away" was the weasel, and there's a good case to be made that he bolted because he knew his seat was getting a little warm.

Actually, now that I think about it, OSU is a great example. Riley has posted three 9 win seasons, and one 10 win season. Two weeks total ranked in the top 10, and the beavers were quickly dropped when they dropped a game. For better or worse, if those same records were posted at Colorado, the buffs would have spent more weeks in the rankings and would have had slightly higher rankings overall.

Granted, CU doesn't get the same history/reputational ranking boost that ND or tOSU do, but the Buffs do get some benefit, and if MM wins at CU, he'll also be the recipient of that benefit. At the end of the day, only weasel coaches voluntarily leave CU for other jobs, and MM isn't a weasel.

Back