1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recruits

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by rscmac, Nov 9, 2010.

1. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

Have any of the recruits we currently show as commits decommited or changed to soft verbals?. I know we dont have many but we need all we can get.

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

we have 4 total, right?

3. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

A few of the current commits had made previous comments almost expecting DH to be gone, and said they would stick if certain other coaches were around (namely Kiesau & Ambrose). Additionally, a few others I think would stay committed no matter what

4. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Very possible to go from two QB commits to zero.

5. canbuff

canbuff New Member

Dont know why...its not like they were coming to Colorado to be groomed by Kiesau...track record isnt very good with him coaching up QBs...

6. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

If they leave because Dan is gone, then we don't want them here anyway. I am betting that most of the guys we were in on were coming here for CU and not any particular coach.

7. rscmac

the rb farrow from texas we need because we saw what happened last week we have no depth.
    berglund also next year we only have 2 qb returning

8. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

We'll be fine, we will have a coach hired and on the recruiting trail in December.

9. rscmac

It seems like bohn is in no hurry to have someone by december 1st so if thats the case then who ever the coach is will have to start all over in recruiting.

10. justicewhite

justicewhite Member

Brock still a Buff per DP.. glad to see that he's patient and it's great to see our colorado boys in B&G. Next coach needs to keep them all at home + recruit California like a mofo (IMO, why EB is the choicest pick).

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16575544

11. rscmac

Shaun simon decomitts he decides to go to k-state

12. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hasn't been a commit for months now.

13. rscmac

The last i saw he was still a soft commit. o well there are alot of kids starting to commit and we still have 5 so the longer we wait to get a coach in here the fewer kids we have to choose from.

14. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

As much as I would have liked Simon to be a Buff, and as much as I think he wanted to be a Buff, I don't think it was ever meant to be. Shauns a good kid and a hard worker but he didn't get into CU out of HS for academic reasons. We all have seen how difficult it is for CU to get JCs in to school in the past. Unless Shaun has been an excellent student in JC getting into CU might have been pretty questionable anyways, considering the extra work that other players have had to do, even those who went JC for non-academic reasons.

15. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We do have a Recruiting Forum. :smile2:

QB Brock Berglund is solid
    QB Nick Sherry could end up looking elsewhere
    RB Kenny Farrow is solid
    LB Brady Daigh is solid
    C Alex Kelley is solid
    S Vlad Emilien (Michigan transfer) is solid if Ambrose stays on staff, otherwise probably gone

16. MtnBuff

Buffnik,

I thought you had posted recently some quotes that Sherry was solid with us. I hope this is the case because he has really come on this season and has the talent to contend for a starting job in the PAC10. I wouldn't be surprised if some other schools don't go hard after him but I hope he sticks with us.

I also thought I read that Emilien had been accepted and registered. If he waits to long then transfers he will lose another year of eligibility really shortening his career. That aside Ambrose seems like a very good coach and recruiter and I hope that the new staff includes him.

17. Buffnik

Sherry said he was solid. I just don't believe it. Expect Arizona and Washington to be making major pushes for him now. I could definitely be wrong, but I won't trust his commitment until he re-confirms it to the new coach.

Regarding Emilien, there was some inside scoop that he had sent some paperwork into CU. Nothing official, though. I'm about 90% sure he's going to be a Buff, but I still think there's an outside shot that Ash could be coaching somewhere else and take Vlad with him.

I should also add that we've got 2 grayshirts from the 2010 class:

OT Alex Lewis is solid. In fact, he seems more solid since the decision was made to terminate Hawkins.
    WR/ATH Donnie Duncan is presumably solid. No one can get an interview, but he is supposedly doing the coursework he needed and will be here in January.

18. MtnBuff

Another question, any chance that Justin Torres shows back up again. I figure he is gone but he showed some flashes when he was here, might be interested in coming back with a different staff.

19. Buffnik

Torres won't be coming back.

Simas might be, though.

20. rscmac

Simas coming back for what court. He doesnt have time left does he?.

21. Buffnik

He'd be a senior next year. He's supposedly kept his academics up and could get himself eligible if the new coach lets him back this spring.