1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red-shirts pending injuries

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Some one asked me about the source on the Jeff Thomas red-shirt, In the OSU game notes this week the following players are listed as "probable red-shirts" pending the health of the team going forward:

Jeff Thomas
    Yuri Wright
    George Fraizer
    Derek McCartney
    Markies Reed
    Gerald Kough
    Sam Kronsage

These can be found here:
    http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/osu13/cunotes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

2. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

McCartney is interesting as I'd heard he's improved but with guys like Parker, Wilson, and Gilbert providing solid depth I support giving him more time to develop unless he can provide an instant upgrade getting to the QB over what we already have (and in a perfect world one or more of those guys would give us 5+ sacks opposite CUD this season).

Thomas getting things straight is crucial for next year so he can provide help as a 20 year old RFr. once Richardson leaves. Otherwise we MUST find a way to get a Juco like Sam Boyd to Boulder.

Being able to redshirt all 5 true frosh OL would be a luxury. Hoping this is the healthiest unit on the team all year - besides QB, of course. Jeromy Irwin will be great depth in the future if he can get redshirted and have a full year off the field to get his health back.

No Adkins talk makes me excited that we will be seeing him get carries or kick returns soon. Check out that game speed.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Also, with McCartney, you also have Poston playing pretty well after having a good season last year. Samson's back, too, and should be taking any snaps McCartney would have been in line for.

4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Forgot about Samson being able to move inside/outside. With those numbers and the mighty Jeffcoat mentoring them I feel pretty good about the group. Now let's see some pass rush!

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Samson is moving back up the depth chart at DT.

6. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Three weeks mini-camp to work on stunts and twists for OSU and beyond.

Poston has looked good so McC can grow and stengthen. Look at his daddy: 285+