1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reese looks to stand tall for Lappe`s Buffs

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by RSSBot, Jul 28, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Joshua Lindenstein Camera Sports Writer

F or a Parade All-American, Jen Reese is about as humble as it gets. The Colorado women`s basketball team`s freshman post player is reticent to talk about herself.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good article. We're definitely going to need Reese's post scoring this season.

Also, I love how the team has put a bullseye on Stanford as they enter the season. There's no clear #2 team or natural rival for CU WBB in the Pac-12, so it makes total sense to go after the top dogs in this way. If we pass Stanford in the Pac-12 (in any season), that means that we've got a team that should at least make the Elite Eight in the tourney.

3. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm really excited about what Lappe's doing right now. Everyone talks about how the men's team improved during the season, but the women's team REALLY showed improvement as they went on. Also, I'm not going to lie, considering Kevin Love is one of my favorite players in the NBA, I love seeing Reese compared to him stylistically.

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Back when the CU WBB team was good, beating Stanford was achieved more than once. I remember being thrilled to watch the Buffs upset the Cardinal in the Sweet 16 in Boise back in Lappe's playing days. I look forward to seeing the next CU win over Stanford.

5. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Bebe, I too am looking forward to January 14th, 2012. :thumbsup: