What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Regular signing period day- Welcome Gabby Simpson (Vball) & Kaley Holmes (Lacrosse)!

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
I believe most athletes signed during the early signing period (1st day was 11/13/13 this recruiting year for all CU sports but football,soccer and track and field/ cross country), but did want to note that, per http://www.krdo.com/sports/national-signing-day/25507344, two young women from the Colorado Springs area will be/ have (???) officially committed to the Buffs today, the 1st day of the NCAA's “Regular” signing period:

1)
As I know was also mentioned in an earlier thread when she switched her verbal commitment from CSU early this year, Gabby Simpson is/ will be the newest formally signed Buff volleyball commitment. Ms. Simpson is the younger sister of current Buffs Taylor and Cierra, and is a 6’3”/6’4” (TALL!!!) setter from Doherty High School. Per what looks like the main volleyball recruit rating site (prepvolleyball.com), Ms. Simpson was rated the #15 “Senior Ace” in the country this year, and named by Volleyball Magazine’s one of its “Fab 50” seniors. She was also named 2nd team All-American this year on the Under Armour Girls' High School All-America team, and was named 1st Team All State by the CHSAA/ Maxpreps. (Gabby joins two other future Buffs who already signed during the early signing period ( http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3871&SPID=256&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209306201
).)

2)For lacrosse, it looks like Kaley Holmes, a midfielder from Air Academy, is joining the Buffs. Ms.Holmes was one of three Colorado high school juniors last year who was named 1st team All American by “US Lacrosse”. She was also named to the All State team last year. (Since the lacrosse season is still in process, there are of course no senior awards for her yet this year. I can't see any formal announcement yet related to this year's lacrosse commitments, but see below for some unofficial information I found.)

Welcome to both new and future buffs- hope both your academic and athletic experiences are positive ones!

Also, as an aside, I hadn't looked much into (or know anything about) lacrosse recruiting. Looking quickly for information about Ms. Holmes, I did find what looks like a good source of recruits for that sport (laxpower.com) showing 13 young women coming in to join the Buffs next year. One thing I see is that Coach Elliott and her staff look to have done a great job in keeping the top talent from Colorado in-state, as 2 of the 3 junior’s named "US Lacrosse's" 1st team All Americans last year from Colorado have decided to become Buffs next year, as well as one of two junior honorable mentions. The two 1st Team Buff-bound Colorado All Americans last year are Ms. Holmes, as noted above, as well as Sarah Brown, a midfielder at Centaurus. The Honorable Mention from last year coming to the Buffs is midfielder Blair Sisk from Cherry Creek, who the Denver Post named Colorado's high school player of the year last season.

Last edited:
Thanks, Aztec.

Great to see these programs doing well on the recruiting trail and starting to lock down the state.

:gobuffs:

Excited that CU has signed Gabby. Had heard she was going farther north. Glad she will be a Buff!

Also WBB has added another signee. More info to be out tomorrow but my understanding is she is a 6' small forward/wing player from Germany. I believe she has played on their national team and is a really good shooter.

Also WBB has added another signee. More info to be out tomorrow but my understanding is she is a 6' small forward/wing player from Germany. I believe she has played on their national team and is a really good shooter.

That would be fantastic news. The team has some players who can do some work in the post, but need someone to pull a forward out of the paint. Reese does it, but this is her last season coming up and I think everyone would be better off (due to her injury history and defensive shortcomings) if someone could give a lot of what she gives while limiting her minutes to 25 a night.

Back