What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rep Challenge: Who leads the Buffs in rushing this season?

CU's leading rusher for 2015?

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Here are the stats from 2014 on the returning guys:

NameClass2014 YardsYPABig Game
Christian PowellSenior4485.27118
Michael AdkinsJunior3984.91109
Phillip LindsaySophomore3914.95114

Here are the newcomers for 2015:

NameClassNotes
Aaron BaltazarSophomore4* out of HS; hurt in 5th game at Boise State as true frosh following 91 yd, 2 td, 5.1 ypa @ Fresno; 234 yards on 4.7 ypa for season
Patrick CarrFreshman4* on ESPN; lots of P5 offers and was a late surprise commit for CU; all-time leading rusher at TX prep power The Woodlands; 10.87 100m
Donald GordonFreshman4* on ESPN, but a "sleeper" prospect who blew up as a senior for a Millikan squad that was often overmatched in its league; highlight of season was a 335 yd, 6td game; 4.4 forty & 10.9 100m

Post your player prediction and total yardage. Whoever is closest on yardage and has the right guy gets showered with gleeb.

All I know is I haven't seen depth like this since '01.

Ill go with Lindsay at 700. I have a feeling Carr is gonna do some good things though. Never seen Baltazar play.

I had no idea we had 3 4* running backs coming in. That's actually really impressive.

I'm going with the safe bet that no one is picking.

Christian Powell.

He's led the team each of his 3 seasons.

Leads again in 2015 with 550 yards.

I root for Powell, but I think Lindsay has some elusive talent. I think he'll get it. 580

Last edited:

Stop what?
We have 3 4* running backs coming in for this recruiting class. Two established backs and one raw big back.
We have a Senior bulldozer who had multiple p5 offers that has led the team in rushing every single year he's been here.
Add in the fact that we have a local kid who's ridiculously shifty with a different style of play and a legit playmaker in MAII, it's pretty safe to say its hard to find a better stable of running backs since '01.

I just hope we have enough carries for all these amazing backs. My answer would be Powell at around 500.

And I realize my post was too bitchy. But any comparison of the current group to that 2001 group annoys me. That group was ridiculously talented.

I'm going with Lindsay just because I feel like he has more big play ability than Powell but Powell and Adkins will be right behind him. Balthazar and Carr will split some caries that vary with injuries to the top three and Gordon will redshirt. I do think Carr will grow throughout the year but still a freshman so won't be there yet.

Lindsay with 717 yards, gets off to a slow start due to the platoon and gets a firm grasp on the job towards the end of Pac play.

No way this group is 2001 but it is easily better than relying on Rodney Stewart to be the guy. Best group since then easily.

This is tough. I honestly think we haven't seen the guy run for the Buffs yet so I will say Carr with 800 yards. Baltazar may get close to that. If Carr sits for some reason it will be Baltazar. Crazy guess: We are going to run for 500 more yards as a team this year. Good group last year but there is a reason Tony Jones played as much as he did, all these 3 returners were missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really surprised to see Lindsey leading the vote so far... I don't see how he gets a lot of carries in this rotation.

Obviously there is room for improvement but he is aggressive and fast and last year was his first year playing college football. Needs to let his instincts do the work in the open field instead of spazzing out but I would say he hits the hole the hardest out of the current backs.

Obviously there is room for improvement but he is aggressive and fast and last year was his first year playing college football. Needs to let his instincts do the work in the open field instead of spazzing out but I would say he hits the hole the hardest out of the current backs.

Most versatile out of the three as well.

Went with Adkins, hoping he can stay healthy for once. Baltazar was the one I was mostly thinking about otherwise. CP can be a guy, but maybe not the guy. Would prefer if he was just the short yardage guy or maybe we use him as an h-back like Frazier.

Went with Adkins, hoping he can stay healthy for once. Baltazar was the one I was mostly thinking about otherwise. CP can be a guy, but maybe not the guy. Would prefer if he was just the short yardage guy or maybe we use him as an h-back like Frazier.

A healthy Adkins is a dangerous back, but he can't stay healthy. Unfortunately I don't expect Powell to make it through the season, to many concussions.

I like Lindsey but he isn't built to take the pounding of a full time back. Nice change of pace guy who also showed flashes as a KO returner where his biggest contribution may end up coming.

Baltazar was a tough versatile guy at Boise before he got hurt. I think the injury with him was an exception and he will be able to carry the load and take the pounding. My vote went to him.

Would love to see one of the freshman jump up and dominate but I don't think they will get the chance early on.

I really don't care who it is honestly, it'd be nice to have a 1000 yard back again. We can hope anyway.

Stop what?
We have 3 4* running backs coming in for this recruiting class. Two established backs and one raw big back.
We have a Senior bulldozer who had multiple p5 offers that has led the team in rushing every single year he's been here.
Add in the fact that we have a local kid who's ridiculously shifty with a different style of play and a legit playmaker in MAII, it's pretty safe to say its hard to find a better stable of running backs since '01.
You were three. Only back you saw was your mom's when you were getting burped.

Adkins goes over 1,000 yards this year as he stays healthy all year. I'm saying 1,100 yards. He takes the starting spot in fall camp and never lets it go. We get to redshirt both Carr and Gordon. Baltazar, Lindsay, and Powell spell Adkins, but they are all significantly behind Adkins.

Back