What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rep Challenge: Who leads the Buffs in rushing this season?

CU's leading rusher for 2015?

• Total voters
I completely agree, and that's why I said it needs to be a complete mindset change if they want to be successful. I believe they need to be more balanced on offense and not rely on Sefo to throw 42+ passes/game if they want to go to a bowl game. However, just simply calling more running plays isn't the answer (and maybe I failed to convey that in my previous posts) as doing so with the same mindset as 2014 will just result in empty plays (the only point of Darth's that I agree with). There has to be a commitment by the coaches to instill a mentality in the offense that they can and will run the ball effectively. That means spending more time on it in practice and individual periods. Pitting OL vs DL in "Oklahoma" type 1 on 1 drills, doing more 9 v 9 short yardage drills with the pads on, focusing on RBs breaking tackles in the open field. Basically, anything that gets them into more of a hard-nosed state of mind.

Again, this is just my opinion of where the offense needs to head in 2015 to be a bowl team. They aren't going to beat a lot of the Pac 12 teams by trying to out finesse them and throwing the ball all over the yard. They need to limit the time the defense is on the field and work the clock. Nothing I've seen from this staff has shown me that they are willing to do this, but that's what I believe needs to happen. Adapt or die, right?

I think the mindset you refer to on running the ball is the same as Duff's references to recruiting. Are you all in or not. You can talk about it or do it. Proof is in the pudding.

Go Buffs.

I think the mindset you refer to on running the ball is the same as Duff's references to recruiting. Are you all in or not. You can talk about it or do it. Proof is in the pudding.

Go Buffs.

Eh, I think there are some differences between the two. We can see, from statistics, that their attempt at focusing on the run game in the past two years has been weak, at best. The notion of the staff not putting an emphasis on recruiting is an opinion based on results, which is not a definitive reason to simply say, "CU doesn't focus on recruiting".

Would those running statistics have anything to do with being behind early and having to abandon the running game because the defense couldn't stop anyone, anytime?

We we knew what we were getting with Mac2 in recruiting. He is using Cutliffe at Duke as his model for building a program. Change the losing mentality, recruit players that can grow and actually be around in a couple years and get better players as he starts winning. We've seen the first 2, now we need to see some wins or the better players won't come and Mac will be gone.

Would those running statistics have anything to do with being behind early and having to abandon the running game because the defense couldn't stop anyone, anytime?

Not really. I pointed out earlier that they actually threw the ball more in the 1st half of games last year than in the 2nd half. Basically, Lindgren and MM had an offensive philosophy that including passing early and often and mixing in some runs here and there in an attempt to keep the defense honest. There didn't seem to be any sort of playcalling shift as the point deficits got larger.

Lindgren gave an interview with Rivals last year in which he said that his ideal offense would see over 60% runs.

I'm not sure I believe that unless he is considering the screen game as part of the run game.

With that included, I can see it. He'd love to see all those runs and screens working well enough that he doesn't have to call traditional pass plays more than 40% of the time.

Back