What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reporting from the 2012 Senior Banquet

Offensive Scout Award, presented by coach Rick Scherer:

"I asked our marketing guy where to start my remarks. He said start somewhere near the end."

Offensive Scout Team Player of the year goes to: Shane Dillon.

Defensive Scout Team Player of the year, presented by Al Cabral:

"I am going to start my speech at the beginning, because I am a buff. It is the heart of a Buffalo that has served me well. You seniors now have that heart."

Goes to Lowell Williamson.

Dave Jones award for outstanding defensive player presented by Knavis McGhee.

Will Pericak. Good choice.

Defensive Scout Team Player of the year, presented by Al Cabral:

"I am going to start my speech at the beginning, because I am a buff. It is the heart of a Buffalo that has served me well. You seniors now have that heart."

Goes to Lowell Williamson.

Lowell Williams. Interesting pick. Wonder if he was in someone's doghouse as he couldn't get on the field. Cabral seems to have liked him.

Eric Bienemy back up for the John Mack offensive player of the year--giving the award to two people:

Nick Kasa. Per EB, "Nick Kasa worked his tail up. He put everything in to being the best player he could become."

Left Tackle David Backtari (sp?) "Epitomizes what leadership is made of. He played his ass off for us each and every down."

Greg Brown presents the team MVP Award. "Seniors, I am extremely proud of you. I wouldn't trade a moment of it for anything. To the players who are going to be on the 2013 team, I want to wish you the best. Football is cyclical, and when CU comes back it is gong to be awesome."

Will Pericak wind the team MVP. "He's going off to make a living in the NFL for a long time. He could work for NASA if he wanted to."

Standing ovation to Will Pericak:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355085603.761470.jpg

"Change had to happen. It is an opportunity for the players. . . Commitment to football needs to happen here. Not just lip service. Not just throwing money at a new coach. Commitment to football involves the entire athletic department. . . . I am proud to be a Buff."

Standing ovation to Will Pericak:

View attachment 11092

"Change had to happen. It is an opportunity for the players. . . Commitment to football needs to happen here. Not just lip service. Not just throwing money at a new coach. Commitment to football involves the entire athletic department. . . . I am proud to be a Buff."

Quoting Will P here?

Will be interesting to see if Ringo and other reporters are there and if they grab a bunch of player quotes...

Preach it, Will.

Brown is here. I have not seen Embry"

Rep for the reports, very cool. I'm curious what your connection to the program is that got you into the banquet? No disrespect because my spelling is atrocious, but between Lowell Williamson, Rick Scherer, Al Cabral, Embry, Backtari, and Brady Day it seems like maybe you don't follow the program that closely...or it could be just fast typing, I was just curious.

Thanks again for the pics and report!

Last edited:
Rep for the reports, very cool. I'm curious what your connection to the program is that got you into the banquet? No disrespect because my spelling is atrocious, but between Lowell Williamson, Embry, Backtari, and Brady Day it seems like maybe you don't follow the program that closely...or it could be just fast typing, I was just curious.

Banquest was open to anyone who wanted to buy a ticket. We had a couple threads on it trying to get people to go and support the seniors.

Will be interesting to see if Ringo and other reporters are there and if they grab a bunch of player quotes...

Only player who spoke (apart from the video) was Will Pericak. The other players just took their awards and left.

Rep for the reports, very cool. I'm curious what your connection to the program is that got you into the banquet? No disrespect because my spelling is atrocious, but between Lowell Williamson, Embry, Backtari, and Brady Day it seems like maybe you don't follow the program that closely...or it could be just fast typing, I was just curious.

Anyone could have gone. Even I got a personal invite.

I paid my $45 like any other member of the public--no special connections. It was an enjoyable event.

As for my spelling--Dude! I was scrambling to get stuff out on Tapatalk.as the stuff happened.

Banquest was open to anyone who wanted to buy a ticket. We had a couple threads on it trying to get people to go and support the seniors.

That makes sense, had no idea it was open to the public, very cool.

I paid my $45 like any other member of the public--no special connections. It was an enjoyable event.

As for my spelling--Dude! I was scrambling to get stuff out on Tapatalk.as the stuff happened.

And for that you get rep, fine sir. :thumbsup:

Very nice job and thanks for the info. Rep sent

Back