1. A new Club member feature has been added. If you wish to ignore a thread or forum please see this thread.. If you are not a club member, but would like this feature please consider becoming a member here

Reports coming out of Husker land - Niles Paul out

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Nov 24, 2010.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/11/23/niles-paul-out/

Not a lot of detail yet, but if you are a husker fan between: losing Martinez, the coach going psycho, the ref's out to **** you, and now Paul goes down?

If true I'd be getting really nervous.

2. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

God hates fuskers.

3. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Maybe God is just mad because Notre Dame didn't join the Big 10 and Nebraska did.

4. absinthe

ok now that is funny.

5. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Club Member Club Member

It's all a ruse. Can't trust the fuskers.

6. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Report is true, he's done for the season. Best blocking receiver we have, ****s starting to pile up now.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

NP is an exciting player but also a turnover machine from what i've seen of NU this season.

love all the distractions in Lincoln, meanwhile nothing out of Boulder. just the quiet before the storm.

8. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

I don't what to hear any bitching from any Fuskers about injuries. Its the 12th game of the season - every team has lost players. CU is without its starting QB, MLB (and leading tackler), and safety, as well as two other DBs (leaving a true freshman at FS).

9. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Agreed, he's made alot of mistakes this season, but he's consistently a homerun threat. Biggest thing is he's a senior and doesn't get to play this last game at home...........feel bad for him.

Beltway,

If you guys win, that'll be the excuse among other things. IMO those 2nd stringers are there for a reason and they better step up and play to their potential and above if needed. They didn't get put in that position by accident. Having said that there is obviously gonna be a dropoff between 1st string and 2nd string. Huge dropoff between a healthy Taylor Martinez and a healthy Cody Green.

10. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

I can't believe I'm agreeing with the enemy this week. A senior who's been a pretty big part of that program can't play on senior day? That sucks.

Now back to the issue at hand. **** Nebraska. This helps them, all that guy does is get wide open, force the QB to throw him the ball, then drop it. I was counting on him to put NU in terrible down and distances as well as kill momentum on their sidelines by dropping surefire TD passes.

11. absinthe

Punt returner, and leading catch guy too right?

12. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

The DA droppped the charges against josh moten so we did have a little trouble this year.

13. absinthe

wrong thread?

14. colobuffs

colobuffs New Member

bigrediowan
    So is Zac Lee going to be available for the game Friday?? I heard he was out for the year but now sounds like he is practicing this week?? Isnt Zac a big upgrade from Cody Green if he is available??

15. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Club Member Club Member

The football gods are smiting the Fuskers left and right...what will they dial up next on the wheel of misfortune over in Fuskerland??

16. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

Still plenty of weapons. Hurts a little but with his propensity to fumble and not field punts, this may be better not having him play this game. He has been good on the road and rough at home this year.

17. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

man I love Fusker spin

18. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

I don't get the spin part. The game won't be won with our O vs your D. We will score as you haven't stopped anyone all year.

The game hinges on your O vs our D.

Figure out that Rubik's Cube and you may win.

This injury just isn't that big of a deal. Now, if it gives you a false sense of hope, grab onto it all you want. May as well grab your ankles while you are at it cuz it's coming as well.

19. absinthe

While that maybe true and our ability to score at all in this game is in question. But you need to stop with the delusional bull ****, with out Martinez and Paul you just lost:
    - 33% of your rushing production this year
    - 90% of your passing production
    - Your #1 wide receiver in catches and yards responsible for 33%+ of all receiving yards
    - Your best punt returner responsible for 60% of your return yards
    - Your #1 KR responsible for almost half the KR yards and only score

You can just stop about you being better off with out Paul.

20. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Why should Nebraska fans care about Niles? They only threw him under the bus.

21. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Club Member Club Member

Uhmmm, because now, they have to find a new player to heckle?

22. Unleash Hell

Keep dreaming and keep thinking your defense is the 85 bears. BTW, I don't think you're giving our offense enough credit. It has been pretty damn impressive the last 3 weeks and we have lots of talent at the skill positions to go along with a mean O-line.

Keep dreaming arrogant fusker, keep on dreaming!

23. buffedup

buffedup Club Member Club Member

I can think of one more wonderful smiting that could be done to the fuskers on Friday!!

24. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

keep spinning till you fall

[​IMG]

25. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Man, I know we hate the nubs and some here are in a state of euphoria over 2 wins but, it's a road game. CU's defense has been mediocre all year.

26. buffedup

buffedup Club Member Club Member

Not against the run. We are actually a better run D than the Fuskers. Without Martinez and now Paul, this is falling right into advantages for the Buffs. I honestly think the Nubs will probably win, but the road game thing is about Hawk and he is gone. This is looking like a barn burner in the making.

27. absinthe

Listen I agree with you. But the Martinez is a diva we dont need him, and Paul sucks we are better off without him in the game is posts we've seen are just as delusional as we are.

I think the Nubs win by a score line of 20ish to 14ish with a missed FG for CU that could have made it interesting. Friday night I would have said 35-14 was more reasonable.

28. Unleash Hell

It's Nebraska, we bring it for them.

Plus we have held two great backs to their SEASON LOW the last two weeks. Thomas will be playing on Sundays. Our pass D has been ****ty, good thing NU isn't much of a passing threat especially with Niles out.

29. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

To your point of martinez and paul being out, yes that's a load of BS coming from nubs fans. My concern is getting behind early ON THE ROAD. 3 weeks ago I could have cared less about this game, NOW i'm pretty stoked about this chane to get to 6 wins and this team to get a bowl game. Especially for the seniors who went through years of crap with the former coach.

30. Unleash Hell

You do have a good point about the road losing streak. I think this team is gonna play hard. They might not win, but they are gonna bring it to the fuskers. I would be shocked if it was a blowout for either team.