1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rest of the Season

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by dyemeduke, Feb 21, 2010.

1. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Looking back, I'm disappointed in the following games: CSU, @TAMU, @ISU. Those all should have been wins, in my opinion, and CU laid eggs. CU also very well could have gone to OSU and won, but I wasn't expecting that.

Still, they stand 12-14 right now with a 3-9 conference record. It's not that great, especially considering that I really thought we had a shot to make an NIT run. So, unless we make some serious noise in the Big 12 Tournament, we aren't having a postseason, but we still improved a lot as a team.

I think we'll lose by a decent amount to Mizzou, but we'll then close out the season with three straight wins. We finish 15-15 and 6-10 in the conference prior to conference tournament. That's not too bad, considering we were pegged dead last in the conference by some. I know my statement of us winning three straight sounds a little optimistic, particularly since I predicted NIT at the start of the season, but they're against weak teams.

By the way - Big 12 basketball is pretty good, definitely better than Pac 10 in my opinion. This year, I think Big 12 is second best to the Big East.

Darian3Hagan and Buffnik like this.
  2. dyemeduke

WOW - excellent prediction...I'd give you rep, but apparently that's not allowed for some reason. So what do you think is going to happen - NIT? I mean, it wasn't that spectacular of a prediction, but still, you called it. I think you also predicted the Buffs could fight their way into the NIT at the start of the season, and last year, you predicted we'd be horrible. So, what's the outlook? Next season?

3. dyemeduke

Oh stop it, you're making me blush. No, even if we win against Tech, I'm not convinced we get into the NIT. There are a lot of good teams out there. I say we beat Tech, but lose in the 2nd round. Then, hopefully the NIT committee likes us...not a lock though.

Next season, we are looking good obviously, but as many have said along with me, we need a big. I at first thought that with a big, we'd make a tourney run next year, but I think we need more improvement. Sharpe is that hope. If he exceeds expectations, then yes, we can make a run. We just need someone else to step up in addition to having a big man, because the bigs we're looking at will not be dominant fives. They will help a lot, but we need more help for them. I am looking at Sharpe and Hornbuckle. I was hoping Dufault would improve this year, but he may have to wait until his Sr. season if Crawford comes back.

Lot of words to say this: We do not make the NIT this year, even after beating Tech. Next season, we make the NIT at the least, and make a run at the tourney. We will get a Loe, but not Ndiaye or the other ID center. Loe and an improved Harris Tunks will help down low, but our team is really shaping up to be more of a threat from the wings. Burks, Higgins, Relphorde, with support from Hornbuckle and Sharpe.

4. dyemeduke

do you find it odd and narcisstic that you're replying to yourself? I mean, there's a reason nobody else has replied to you...yet here you are...

Junction likes this.
  5. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

This thread is serious win.

:rofl:

7. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

You got me. Even after I read the part about not being able to rep yourself, I still didn't get it. Classic indeed.

8. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Well played. I'll give you the rep that you couldn't give yourself.

EDIT: No rep for now. Apparently I'm a dirty, dirty whore, who gives away rep at the drop of a hat. I'm gonna make it rain!!

9. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:lol: