What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reunion quandry...and my attempt to fix it

FlaBuff

Ugh.
Club Member
Mac announced the 90 team reunion will be 10/1 & 10/2. For the 10 yr. reunion I flew out saturday because we had a game on friday night. This year, we once again have a game friday night. It is a non-district game against a 2nd year school(we are only a 5th year school) so I've emailed my AD and Principal to see if we can move it to Thursday so I can go to the reunion Friday and Sat(I'll go Sat. regardless). To drive home the point I included the link to the video of Mac talking about the team and the reunion.:smile2: I hope it works.

I'll update with what I find out.

here is the link...for Jasper and any that didn't see it :)

http://buffvision.com/video/MacLuncheon.wmv

Last edited:
Got a trivia question for you: I know you and Ron Woolfork both coach H.S. football. Does anyone else from the 1990 team coach?
And is Woolfork unique in having several players he has coached who will be playing next year for the Buffs?

Mike Moschetti will have a former player (J.T. Torres) on the roster next year, but Moschetti played after 1990. Can you think of anyone else?

By the way, I don't have the answer, just the question.

If I were a member of the chain crew working your games, I'd give you a giant BOOOOOOOO!!!!! for moving the game to Thursday. High School games on Thursday night SUCK.

But I'm not on your chain crew, so you may proceed as planned. Best of luck to you, my man.

If I were a member of the chain crew working your games, I'd give you a giant BOOOOOOOO!!!!! for moving the game to Thursday. High School games on Thursday night SUCK.

But I'm not on your chain crew, so you may proceed as planned. Best of luck to you, my man.

No one cares what the chain gang thinks. Back to your hole

No one cares what the chain gang thinks. Back to your hole

Yeah, nobody cares until we don't show up. Then what happens? No football, that's what happens. We ask for so little, and are appreciated even less. :cry:

Our home game chain crew is a bunch of good old boys, one got thrown out at a game a few years ago...good times.

Neil Schlesner is a coach in Cali, Kanavis McGee in Houston, David Gibbs does a little coaching...I'm sure there are others...

Our home game chain crew is a bunch of good old boys, one got thrown out at a game a few years ago...good times.

That's funny. What did he do to get kicked out? There's kind of an unwritten rule that you don't get too fired up over the officiating. If you see something that you don't agree with, you wait until the side judge comes over to the sideline and you tell him, in a way that only he can hear: "dude, you blew that call". The interaction between the chain guys and the officiating crew is usually pretty good. I've had a side judge even ask me to make a call that he had to admit he didn't see. Once, I was running the down marker and there was a play at the goal line where the RB was tackled just short of the end zone, but had reached his hand out to try to get the ball over the goal line to get the TD. The ball hit the ground, and bounced out - into the end zone. The ref called it a fumble, but the RB was clearly down. I whispered in the guys ear "he was down by contact". The ref wasn't upset at me, he was upset that he missed the call.

Our guy was a little sauced, and got into it with one of the opposition's coaches. I don't remember all the details...but he made good and has been back on the crew.

I agree about thursday night games. I'm not a fan either, unless there is a friday off, which happens 2x during our season. My principal recomended that my assistants could handle it for one night, and they probably could...but it is a little premature to make that call, especially since it's a home game. away game fewer folks would notice my absence...

I have yet to send a player to the Buffs. They signed a TE from a rival school this year. I have a WR at FIU and a DT at Western Kentucky.

I have yet to send a player to the Buffs. They signed a TE from a rival school this year. I have a WR at FIU and a DT at Western Kentucky.

Well I look forward to hearing when one of your guys is on the roster. I'm sure Dave Plati will dig up the statistical chances of three guys from the same school making their CU debut 20 years from when their coach played for the same team.

we have 2 guys that should be in the top 100 in FLA this year and an OG that is the best I've had here, he's getting national interest. We shall see.

Back