What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Revenue for all 118 FBS Schools

I'll go to CU games regardless of whether they're 12-0 or 0-12. That's just me. I love the game. I love the crowd. I love the atmosphere. It's intoxicating (in more ways than one). Not to brag, but that's the kind of fan the AD needs to be going after. The kind of guy who will come regardless of on-field success. That's something Leash is not doing at all.

Fixed. Sorry Leash, I just can't let that previous thread go.:smile2:

But succumbs to the notion that only winning will produce attendance. While it's true that it will help, there's so much more that can be done without the need to win games.

I'll go to CU games regardless of whether they're 12-0 or 0-12. That's just me. I love the game. I love the crowd. I love the atmosphere. It's intoxicating (in more ways than one). Not to brag, but that's the kind of fan the AD needs to be going after. The kind of guy who will come regardless of on-field success. That's something we're not doing at all.

I'm the same way. But then again we were incredibly blessed to cheer on CU during Mac's golden era.

A big part of me is perfectly happy with the "CU is my country club" model. I like the exclusivity. I like being able to get tickets to any game without shelling out a couple hundo to a scalper. Folsom is simply magic, and a win only icing on the cake. If CU pandered to "the Bronco fan" demographic, then there goes the neighborhood.

An other part of me want to compete on # of fans and sell-outs, dollars generated by the program and # of Olympians produced by an athletic department that is on the high side of athletic programs, and not flirting with the absolute minimum # of programs necessary to maintain D1 classisification.

Back