What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

reviewing the b12 north schedules...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
mizzery:

Aug. 30 vs. Illinois (St. Louis)
Sept. 6 Southeast Missouri
Sept. 13 Nevada
Sept. 20 Buffalo
Oct. 4 @ Nebraska
Oct. 11 Oklahoma State
Oct. 18 @ Texas
Oct. 25 Colorado (Homecoming)
Nov. 1 @ Baylor
Nov. 8 Kansas State
Nov. 15 @ Iowa State
Nov. 29 vs. Kansas (Kansas City)

commentary:

i suppose they could slip up in the illinois game, but this looks like a schedule set up for a gaudy record. mizzery really looks to me like the team to beat in the b12 north. the game at texas will tell us if they are a real national champioinship contender. with the athletes they have and this schedule, unless they choke, i think they look like 10+ win team.

ku:

08/30/08 vs. Florida International
09/06/08 vs. Louisiana Tech
09/12/08 at South Florida
09/20/08 vs. Sam Houston State
10/04/08 at Iowa State
10/11/08 vs. Colorado
10/18/08 at Oklahoma
10/25/08 vs. Texas Tech
11/01/08 vs. Kansas State
11/08/08 at Nebraska
11/15/08 vs. Texas
11/29/08 vs. Missouri

commentary:

back to earth for ku... the south florida game will be no pushover. throw in CU, ou and nu on the road, plus texas, missery, and tech. with this schedule, look for ku to be somewhere around .500.

fuskers:

Aug 30 Western Michigan
Sep 06 San Jose State
Sep 13 New Mexico State
Sep 20 Virginia Tech
Oct 04 Missouri (Homecoming)
Oct 11 at Texas Tech
Oct 18 at Iowa State
Oct 25 Baylor
Nov 01 at Oklahoma
Nov 08 Kansas
Nov 15 at Kansas State
Nov 28 Colorado

commentary:

no road games until the middle of october? wow. well, i guess we can expect a lot of early chest-thumping before mizzery pounds the snot out of them on their homefield. i'd put them down for somewhere around 8 wins.

kjuco state:

Aug 30 North Texas
Sep 06 Montana State
Sep 17 at Louisville
Sep 27 Louisiana-Lafayette
Oct 04 Texas Tech
Oct 11 at Texas A&M
Oct 18 at Colorado
Oct 25 Oklahoma
Nov 01 at Kansas
Nov 08 at Missouri
Nov 15 Nebraska
Nov 22 Iowa State

commentary:

prince is going to be a real hot seat after this schedule. louisville, tech, atm, CU, ou, ku, and mizzery are likely to beat on the juco boys. put them sub-.500.

isu:

Aug 28 South Dakota State
Sep 06 Kent State
Sep 13 Iowa at Iowa City, Iowa
Sep 20 at UNLV
Oct 04 Kansas
Oct 11 at Baylor
Oct 18 Nebraska
Oct 25 Texas A&M (Homecoming)
Nov 01 at Oklahoma State
Nov 08 at Colorado
Nov 15 Missouri
Nov 22 at Kansas State

commentary:

another rough year for isu. they have iowa's number, but once they get into the conference games, they are doomed. they will be somewhere around 4-5 wins at best.

THE BUFFS:

Aug 31 COLORADO STATE at Denver
Sep 06 EASTERN WASHINGTON
Sep 18 WEST VIRGINIA
Sep 27 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla.
Oct 04 TEXAS (homecoming)
Oct 11 at Kansas
Oct 18 KANSAS STATE
Oct 25 at Missouri
Nov 01 at Texas A&M
Nov 08 IOWA STATE
Nov 15 OKLAHOMA STATE
Nov 28 at Nebraska

commentary:

putting down my black and gold sunglasses, this looks pretty rough. put wvu, fsu, ku, and atm in the challenging category. put mizzery and texas in the VERY challenging category. even tho i think the Buffs will be much improved this season, with this schedule, it may not result in a lot more wins than last year. we will see.

predicted order of finish:

1. mizzery
2. CU
3. fuskers
4. ku
5. isu
6. kjuco state

bowling:

big time bowl: mizzery
weedwacker bowl: CU, fuskers
on the cusp: ku
home for the holidays: isu, kjuco state

CU is the only team that doesn't have a cake non-conference, but thats fine we'll be ready come october. Missouri however should only lose 2 games AT THE MOST, I predict them going 11-1 then getting smoked by OU in the Big 12 Championship.

predicted order of finish:

1. mizzery
2. ku
3. fuskers
4. CU
5. kjuco state
6. isu

bowling:

big time bowl: mizzery
weedwacker bowl: ku, fuskers
on the cusp: CU
home for the holidays: isu, kjuco state

I think KU will lose around 3 games, could be a few more, but still could be the second best team in the North. Everyone expects them to fall bigtime, but Mangina has been keeping them consistant, and while there will be a slight dropoff, I still expect them to be a very decent game. Fuskers--well, with that home schedule for the first half of the season, that helps work out kinks before hitting the road, so I think 6 wins is fairly easy for them, and then who knows.

CU is the one with the harder schedule and the one who might be on the cusp. '09 I think will be a good year for us, and I certainly think that we can win them all as a fan, but there is alot of work to be done. WVU, FSU and UT will be key; win two or three of those games and we can do big, big things this year, win one or none, and we will have to work really hard and need some luck to get a bowl game. Just a brutal schedule. We all see much improvement in the team, but they are still young and face some good teams this year.

KjSU and ISU might have hard years. I would expect them to be on the bottom two. CU and NU can be flip flopped, CU is a better team at this point IMO, but NU has the easier schedule. Should be a good game at the end of the year.

I didn't realize that Mizzery's schedule was so soft, but I still have doubts as to whether they have a good enough running game and defense to run the table. I think they'll lose 2 or maybe even 3, at Texas and get upset somewhere else along the way, maybe even at the fuskers.

I dont think that W Vag and FSU will be as much of a struggle as everyone thinks. FSU doesnt really have anything but a defense with a few holes in it and WVU cant pass the ball that great so all we need to do is stop/slow down that 5' 8 running back (Devine) and we should be in good shape. Both of those games need to be somewhat mistake free with the turnovers very much in our favor.

KU won't lose in that non-conference schedule. I still say the OU game is their only 100% sure-fire loss on the schedule. They could win every other game.

It is interesting to see that Nebraska really does have a tougher schedule then many people want to acknowledge. Their finish should be around 8 wins. I would not be surprised if they finish very strong and perhaps even knock off a win aginst the Buffs.

ALSO, and I may be kicked out of here for even saying this, but the Buffs probably will not finish second in the B12 North this season. But they should have a good year with the foundation being put installed.

Finally, Kjuco State will need a solid winning season or Sir Prince will be ran out of town.

moving 2 home games away from columbia could bite mu in the ass

could be, but do they beat KU in Lawrence last year? Or Illinois in at Illinois? that's the trade off.

looks to me like MU has a 3 game season and will likely favored in all but one of their game (@UT) unless Texas skids hard.

i like KU to not flop more than most people here, seems, but i do think they lose at South Florida and win 6-7. i don't think they beat Mizzou, though.

mostly, the North OOC is pathetic.

It is interesting to see that Nebraska really does have a tougher schedule then many people want to acknowledge. Their finish should be around 8 wins. I would not be surprised if they finish very strong and perhaps even knock off a win aginst the Buffs.

Based on their sked, I think they go 6-6.

ALSO, and I may be kicked out of here for even saying this, but the Buffs probably will not finish second in the B12 North this season. But they should have a good year with the foundation being put installed.

Our sked is rough, 7-5 is realistic. Not sure what place we'll end up in (in the division).

Finally, Kjuco State will need a solid winning season or Sir Prince will be ran out of town.

It's possible, but didn't they just sign him to an extension? I think he'll get at least one more year no matter what happens in '08.

could be, but do they beat KU in Lawrence last year? Or Illinois in at Illinois? that's the trade off.

i was under the impression they won against illinois in champaign as i never saw any moving pictures from that game. i take my statement back.

another great and glorious year for the Big Red where they don't play a non-home game until mid october.

be the best, beat the best...GBR. :vomit

Last edited:
Back