1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rich Rod and Michigan in trouble....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Feb 23, 2010.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

2. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Maybe the AD can turn Michigan around like he turned Dominoes around, seeing as he is the former CEO :huh:

3. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

This is RIDICULOUS. Every major college football program that is relevant violates these rules.... except maybe us..... but we may not be a major college football program right now...

4. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I don't know about ridiculous - you can certainly manage the number of actual coaches on the team w/o calling some of the QC... However, "not managing an atmosphere of compliance" sounds like a silly add-on to ANY violation you can find.

5. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

recall that this summer, tony clemons was quoted on this topic and caught a little heat for talking to the media.

6. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

so are these real violations? or OU violations?

7. CUinDC

CUinDC Member

As both a CU fan/alumn and a Michigan fan (grew up there), it's been interesting (and sad) to follow this story. It actually started out very similar to some of our troubles -- a local newspaper (the Detroit Free Press in this case) blowing a minor story into a huge, huge deal in an attempt to sell papers and make themselves look good. One of the Michigan blogs has a good comparison of the coverage of the story by both newspapers and (non-Michigan) blogs: http://mgoblog.com/content/reaction-two-parts.

The original article was about the crazy practice hours the players were supposedly forced to endure, but the NCAA found that the extra time was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 minutes for some practices, or in other cases up to 2 hours per week, mostly due to incorrect interpretation of how stretching was supposed to be counted.

Not to defend the coaching staff totally, some of the other violations seem somewhat more serious, but I bet nothing more than any team could be caught doing if they had the same media problem. It just shows that while some of the major schools really do seem to have protection from local media/DA's offices/etc., we're not alone in having some unfavorable locals looking to bring the program down.

8. The Guest

The Guest Guest

While I appreciate the devotion of any CU fan, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind rooting for nebraska or Texas for a while.

9. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

ymssr

10. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

excellent Walrus... excellent... very good delivery.

11. CUinDC

CUinDC Member

Seriously. I'm not sure what I did to piss off the college football gods, but it must have been pretty terrible.