1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rich Rod Fired

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by michase10, Jan 4, 2011.

?

Do you agree with Rod's firing.

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. ...the balls up in the air, CAUGHT! CAUGHT BY WESTBROOK FOR A TOUCHDOWN..."

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  1. michase10

michase10 New Member

Fired after three seasons 15-22 in those seasons. He's getting a 2.5 mil buyout. IMO i disagree with the firing.

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

You disagree? Hve you seen their defense or did you watch that bowl game on Saturday I think it was?

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

**** richfraud

4. michase10

michase10 New Member

Yea but it was three freakin years and he tried to completely changed the offense.

5. Quattro

Okay I'm not talking about the offense. I'm talking about the defense, which was abysmal. He had plenty of time because it's not like Michigan has any issues recruiting good players.

6. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

There's no reason why UM should be a bad team in a bad conference. They have talent, resources, fan support and proximity to hotspots along with tradition to make sure they don't suck. He should be fired. Their defense was perhaps the worst defense I've seen all year. You can win in the Big East with bad defense, but there is no way you are going to win the Big 10 with bad defense. The 3-3-5 defense gets run over by Big 10 teams. The guy is also a scumbag.

7. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

They should have never hired him. Now they're set back big time because of his goofball offense, they better be working on some awesome spread OC if they plan on winning in the next couple of years.

8. SBG

Tell that to Harbaugh who doesn't really have any of the things Michigan does. They were 1-11 4 years ago. Good coaches don't make excuses for sucking wind.

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the two UM fans i know say that RRod scapegoated his first year DC (name maybe Shaw, who did a pretty good job at Syracuse this year) and they aren't very talented on D....and RRod had Greg Robinson (who i think sucks anyway) running a 3-3-5 which he had never done. AND, that RRod didn't let either DC have much say in their D position coaches. it's partly convincing up to a point.

10. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

INCREDIBLE!

Joy and exultation for the Buffaloes of Colorado.

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Arrest this man!!!! :smile2:

12. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

They should have backed off after Rich Rod made a huge deal out of not wanting to pay the exit fee to WVU. Absent knowing exact details, it indicated to me that Rich Rod had questionable character.

13. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I have gone to jail before.. no big deal.... :smile2:

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Rich Rod was a horrible coach. He deserved to be fired. UM gave him every chance to succeed, and he failed anyway. If you can't win at UM, you can't win. I guess he managed to step into a solid situation at WVU, because he couldn't get anything close to that going at UM.

15. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

How could you not go with the Westbrook option? Lol, no brainer.

16. Quattro

If I wasn't a Michigan fan I would have picked that but seeing the program like this is terrible.

17. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I believe WVU was 4-7 or 3-8 the year before he took over. Nehlen did not leave him with much.

I think Rich Rod is a good coach but was just a bad fit at Michigan. His scheme went against everything that Michigan football is about. I feel he'll end up at Clemson and do very well there with his spread option attack.

18. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

...and despair for the maize and blue

19. michase10

michase10 New Member

20. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I usually say a HC needs more than 3 years, but given everything richrod has done at UM so far, yeah, I'd say the firing would be justified.

21. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I saw their bowl game and many of the sets that were run on offense, defense and especially special teams were very reminiscent of watching the Buffs during the Hawkins years. It seemed like they were taking blinds stabs at anything that might work.

After seeing almost 5 years of that here I could never fault a school for letting someone who had that little control over his own program go.
    Add that to the fact that as fast as his offense improved statistically his D went the opposite direction just as fast.

It does beg an interesting question though - how long should it take for a quality coach to rebuild a traditional power?

22. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Heard that on the radio this p.m. Talking heads said that UM had refuted the rumors, but that it looked like damage control.

Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

23. SBG

Teams like USC or OU or UM always have talent on their roster. May not be AAs, but is always better than the other teams, maybe minus a few key players. 3 years is plenty at the nations winningest program. At the least they shouldnt get blown out. Don't have to be stellar, but Miss St put a beating on them and it wasn't even THAT close.

24. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

That's the way I see it as well