What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Richardson Tears Ligament, Will Miss 2012 Season

The more I think about this, the worse mood I'm in. Dammit. He was the one true playmaker we had on offense. To lose him like this... well, it's devastating. It's almost as though I've given up any hope of a decent season before we play the first game.

I'm really, really bummed about this.
I'm so sorry I ever turned you on to Prich. Our collective mancrush broke him 2 weeks after the Cal game, and now has ended his 2012 season...

I really feel bad for PRich, seems like he was ready to take that step forward. Football is unforgiving sometimes, he'll bounce back. Next man up, no excuses.

1, No we aren't that good and losing PRich makes us a much less talented team. We are going to have to have a couple of guys step up just to pick up some of the slack. As I said we need somebody to step up and make some plays. Not only was PRich a statistic maker but his presence took pressure off the other recievers. I am hoping that one of the new guys can do some of this and others can be above the level of the other WRs we had last year when it was basically PRich and the nobodys.

2. We are a very good team with or without him but we have a schedule that should allow us to find six wins. It will be harder without him but that should still be the expectation. If we can't win the three OOCs I will be disappointed. If our coaches and our players can't find three conference wins I would also be dissapointed. We have some games that would be no hopers with or without PRich but also some winnables, we have to win 3 of those.

3. I did not say contending for the conference title next season. What I said is that we should be contending in the years after next when PRich comes back for higher position in the conference. We may still be behind the top 2-3 teams but by two years from now we better not be just trying to stay off the bottom of the conference.

All in all losing PRich will hurt us this year, we won't be as good a team. I don't think however that it will have that much effect on our record if we have some guys step up. Nobody is going to equal what a healthy PRich gave the team but a lot of that can be made up, enough to win the games we need to win.

I would rather have him this year but if it came down to having him this year and then he leaves or having him the following season when we are trying to make the next significant step up, having him then may in the long term be more important. Not like we have a decision, the injury forces that.

Weren't you the guy that said that UA men's BB isn't one of the elite, yet we are "very good" coming off of a 3 win season with an unproven QB, DL and now WRs? We just lost our only true downfield threat. Yes we are getting better, but it's not like we had the #1 recruiting class last year and so we don't have to rely on damn good WRs to shoulder the weight. It's up to the rest of the team to do their part at this point.

This is just too much. It's bad enough this team is still low on talent and the one guy who gives cu that threat any time he touches it is now gone for the year. Hope you get well soon p-rich. This SUCKS!

I hope one of the thomas guys can step up cause this is a killer for the offense. CU needs a winning season to get recruits believing.

This certainly blows, but at least it happened now so we can begin adjusting our expectations. Maybe by August, I'll be able to convince myself that the REAL CU Buffs football team is the one I have in an online dynasty on my ps3. We're 6-1 with a Heisman candidate, baby! Keep it up Embo!

This certainly blows, but at least it happened now so we can begin adjusting our expectations. Maybe by August, I'll be able to convince myself that the REAL CU Buffs football team is the one I have in an online dynasty on my ps3. We're 6-1 with a Heisman candidate, baby! Keep it up Embo!
6-1? WEAK :lol:

#2 7-0 in 2012 with Wood being in the #1 spot for Heisman

Weren't you the guy that said that UA men's BB isn't one of the elite, yet we are "very good" coming off of a 3 win season with an unproven QB, DL and now WRs? We just lost our only true downfield threat. Yes we are getting better, but it's not like we had the #1 recruiting class last year and so we don't have to rely on damn good WRs to shoulder the weight. It's up to the rest of the team to do their part at this point.

To much fitting in posting between work.

If you look at my #1 I say we aren't that good, that is what I meant to type in #2 and it came out very good instead of aren't very good. This team still has huge holes, with or without PRich healthy. Teams like Oregon, USC, etc. even tOSU in Columbus which was a down team by their standards with the coaching change could have named the score against us, thankfully the scores they named were fairly low. There is a huge talent gap between us and the top teams and one partial and one full class aren't going to change that even if every recruit we get pans out.

That said, our expectations this year with the talent we have should be six wins, with or without PRich. The only OOC game that should even be a consideration for us as fans (the coaches and players better take everybody serious until it is proven they don't have to) is Fresno and that is because it is a road game. We are more talented than all three of those teams. We will take some beatings in the PAC, again our talent isn't there with the top teams. At the same time there are enough teams in the PAC who we are comparable enough with that we should and better get 3 wins.

Don't take this as minimizing PRich's talent or impact on the game. Given a choice I would much rather have him out there healthy this year. At the same time we are getting better talentwise overall and an even bigger factor is we are another year away from coach don't get to high or low, just figure out how to lose and his era of giving up. If Embree is the coach I think he is we will see a stronger, more focused team that looks for ways to win instead of lose. That won't help us against the elite teams but our schedule isn't all elite teams.

To much fitting in posting between work.

If you look at my #1 I say we aren't that good, that is what I meant to type in #2 and it came out very good instead of aren't very good. This team still has huge holes, with or without PRich healthy. Teams like Oregon, USC, etc. even tOSU in Columbus which was a down team by their standards with the coaching change could have named the score against us, thankfully the scores they named were fairly low. There is a huge talent gap between us and the top teams and one partial and one full class aren't going to change that even if every recruit we get pans out.

That said, our expectations this year with the talent we have should be six wins, with or without PRich. The only OOC game that should even be a consideration for us as fans (the coaches and players better take everybody serious until it is proven they don't have to) is Fresno and that is because it is a road game. We are more talented than all three of those teams. We will take some beatings in the PAC, again our talent isn't there with the top teams. At the same time there are enough teams in the PAC who we are comparable enough with that we should and better get 3 wins.

Don't take this as minimizing PRich's talent or impact on the game. Given a choice I would much rather have him out there healthy this year. At the same time we are getting better talentwise overall and an even bigger factor is we are another year away from coach don't get to high or low, just figure out how to lose and his era of giving up. If Embree is the coach I think he is we will see a stronger, more focused team that looks for ways to win instead of lose. That won't help us against the elite teams but our schedule isn't all elite teams.

This still does not explain how we are going to improve from 12th in the conference in terms of scoring offense. Embree's new attitude can only do so much with average to below average talent.

I just found out. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This still does not explain how we are going to improve from 12th in the conference in terms of scoring offense. Embree's new attitude can only do so much with average to below average talent.

We aren't going to jump to the top but with improvement across the board in a number of areas we can jump up a few spots. We should, and all this is supposition positive and negative on this board, have better QB play. We should be better at run blocking and I think will be better at RB (yes I know we lost Speedy, I love the guy but he was not a great back) we lose PRich at WR but we didn't really have him 1/2 of last year either and we have some good young talent, nobody close to as good as PRich but better than what we were putting on the field recently other than PRich. We will also have a better run, better coordinated offense than last year

In no way will we become an elite or even maybe an average team this year, we will still be on the lower end of the conference but the schedule is much more favorable and I don't think six wins is outside of reasonable expectations. Much beyond that and then you are in fantasy land.

We aren't going to jump to the top but with improvement across the board in a number of areas we can jump up a few spots. We should, and all this is supposition positive and negative on this board, have better QB play. We should be better at run blocking and I think will be better at RB (yes I know we lost Speedy, I love the guy but he was not a great back) we lose PRich at WR but we didn't really have him 1/2 of last year either and we have some good young talent, nobody close to as good as PRich but better than what we were putting on the field recently other than PRich. We will also have a better run, better coordinated offense than last year

In no way will we become an elite or even maybe an average team this year, we will still be on the lower end of the conference but the schedule is much more favorable and I don't think six wins is outside of reasonable expectations. Much beyond that and then you are in fantasy land.

What good young talent do we have at WR?

(Serious question)

I think there is some potential, but we have no proven young guys at the moment. The loss of PRich is not our only loss from last season. Clemons and Speedy were both big parts of the pass game. Not one of them will be on the field in 2012. We were dead last in scoring offense by three points. We were going to have to take a pretty big step forward just to be mediocre with PRich.

If we get to six wins, it would be a really nice accomplishment. But we lost a lot today.

Richardson has not used his redshirt year. That will be used while he recovers from injury. The five-year window is still ticking and he will have two to play two starting in 2013.

Isn't medical redshirt more for if you miss two full years due to injury? So use your redshirt one year, you still have 5 to play 4, but then if you must miss another season due to injury, you can apply to get a 6th year to play 4. Right?

but can't they still apply for a redshirt and if he somehow gets better still play? it is not like they force you to sit out a year.

If he gets better he can absolutely play. I think redshirts aren't officially used until the season is over but unless everything goes perfectly with Paul, it's highly unlikely he will play and even if it does go perfectly, I still don't think he would play because it would likely be towards the end of the season. IMO he would b best suited sitting out this year and getting it back to 100% and help coach like Creer has been doing.

This begs the question, who is our #1 likely to be? I'd wager it will be Spruce but not sure.

Isn't medical redshirt more for if you miss two full years due to injury? So use your redshirt one year, you still have 5 to play 4, but then if you must miss another season due to injury, you can apply to get a 6th year to play 4. Right?

I think you're right and I think Jack Harris is a pretty good example since he missed his RS Freshman year and almost every game last season.

What good young talent do we have at WR?

(Serious question)

I think there is some potential, but we have no proven young guys at the moment. The loss of PRich is not our only loss from last season. Clemons and Speedy were both big parts of the pass game. Not one of them will be on the field in 2012. We were dead last in scoring offense by three points. We were going to have to take a pretty big step forward just to be mediocre with PRich.

If we get to six wins, it would be a really nice accomplishment. But we lost a lot today.

In terms of proven talent we have very little. In terms of potential talent I think we have more depth than we have brought in for years. I like Spruce, was impressed with Canty and McColloch(sp. for both) and am looking forward the the three WRs from Texas (although one is hurt.)

Again none of these guys is a PRich but they are also not Dustin Ebner and Hawk's band of lunchbucket boys, they are all legit AQ recruits.

I would much rather have PRich out there healthy and Clemons was very solid the second half of last year but I'm not ready to panic about what we have for this year.

One very positive thing about young WRs is that the coaches can focus on what they can do unlike young defensive guys or linemen that the opponents can force into doing the things that they haven't developed or learned yet.

The only good thing I can see with this is that it might give richardson some time to bulk up. He still looked REALLY skinny out there in the videos I saw.

You don't have to miss both years for injury but the second year you miss has to be medical. Don't know exactly how they determine it but you have to be able to show that you medically could not have played. More unexplainable NCAA rules.

In terms of proven talent we have very little. In terms of potential talent I think we have more depth than we have brought in for years. I like Spruce, was impressed with Canty and McColloch(sp. for both) and am looking forward the the three WRs from Texas (although one is hurt.)

Again none of these guys is a PRich but they are also not Dustin Ebner and Hawk's band of lunchbucket boys, they are all legit AQ recruits.

I would much rather have PRich out there healthy and Clemons was very solid the second half of last year but I'm not ready to panic about what we have for this year.

One very positive thing about young WRs is that the coaches can focus on what they can do unlike young defensive guys or linemen that the opponents can force into doing the things that they haven't developed or learned yet.

You want to blast "Hawk's band of lunchbucket boys," but you are quite comfortable with Canty and McCulloch. You cannot have it both ways.

Last year's offense was pretty bad. And we had Toney Clemons, Rodney Stewart, a SR QB with 4 years of starts, a 3 year starter at TE. Ohh... it can get worse, and it likely will:cry:

Back