What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RichRod rips Pac 12 late games schedule

I assume we get the crap, night slots because we suck and no one wants to watch us. If we ever get better, I assume we will start getting the good, day slots again.

Jim Mora has a beef for complaining about playing on back to back Thursdays. I get why the league does that, but having a bigger game like Cal/UCLA on a Thursday doesn't outdraw the NFL game of the week (unless its an awful game like Titans/Jags) from a ratings standpoint, and probably doesn't do much better on a Friday. Spread that around.....we have enough of Thu/Fri games as a conference for everybody to have to play at least once in conference on a weeknight. Those games are a blast, but they're rugged on everybody involved.

Rich Rod, on the other hand, is off-base here......This is about as silly as some Big 10 coach saying they start too early. Come back the following day after a late night game.....its not that hard. Whats the longest plane ride in the league? Two or three hours? Your kids don't have to sleep on planes....and will always have enough time on the ground at home to get whatever treatment needed and some studying done the following day. If UA doesn't budget for that, I don't have sympathy for them.

Whats my preference as a fan? Night games, and it isn't even close. The breakfast in boulder that almost every home game was wasn't fun last year....

I just feel bad for the college football fans who have to watch us because it is the only game on. Yes, the Pac-12 hates the eastern time zone.

Come back the following day after a late night game.....its not that hard.... If UA doesn't budget for that, I don't have sympathy for them.
Don't know for sure, but it's been implied by several that "coming back the following day" is actually against the rules (conference or NCAA isn't clear). If true, this would indicate a need for a rules change, rather than just "better planning."

Don't know for sure, but it's been implied by several that "coming back the following day" is actually against the rules (conference or NCAA isn't clear). If true, this would indicate a need for a rules change, rather than just "better planning."

Its either a Pac 12 rule or something specific to football-I played basketball at a smaller D1 school for a year (much tighter budget), and we never came back the day of the game when we played at night.

The problem with scheduling earlier is that Fox and ESPN didn't pay the Pac-12 for early games with poor tv ratings. They wanted something to fill the late night slot.
Do the networks have that in writing? If not, the conference should dictate their start time requirements.

Back