1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rick George meet-n-greet this Thursday in Newport

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Ringer, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Avila's El Ranchito Restaurant in Newport Beach is the official unofficial Buffs bar/restaurant in Orange County, if not all of SoCal, because the operator of that location of the small family-run chain is a CU grad and has game-day promotions for both football and basketball. AD Rick George will be there this Thursday for a mixer and some drinks and appetizers a couple days prior to the USC game. I live about 5 minutes away from there so I have signed up. If you are in SoCal, you can register here (by registering, your first drink is freeeee....) : http://events.colorado.edu/EventLis...ventDetails&information_id=161852&print=print

14er and El Gringo like this.
  2. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

For freeee

Attached Files:

3. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

It was fun. Packed bar; lots of old and recent alumni; lots of "I know someone who knows someone"; nice looking recent pi phi grad table; Rick George being the only one wearing a tie; some former players who look good and in shape; good appetizers. All of this for mostly free in Newport Beach, a minute walk to the sand. It's interesting how just a bit of good success can bring out a starved regional fan base.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the report Ringer!

5. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Did you ****ers throw rose petals in his path? Did he mention who is going to start at QB on Saturday?

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

One of my college roommates lives in the LA area and he's going to the game. I suspect there will be a pretty good turnout of Buffs in the stands.

7. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Naw, he just was walking around with his margarita in a packed bar full of Buffs fans in Newport talking to people, like everyone else. There was no formal speech or anything. It was a good event.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Are you related to the Rockies' mascot, by any chance?

9. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Buffs have to win this game at USC. I think they will.

JCOLE12010 likes this.