What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George named new Colorado AD

Honestly, my biggest issue is that every time I see his name I want to say "I'm Rick James B----!"

I'll need to check but I think you beat BCS to saying this which means ALL of the admins lost our pool.

Honestly, my biggest issue is that every time I see his name I want to say "I'm Rick James B----!"

There's a million dollar t-shirt empire waiting to happen with this idea...well maybe a several hundred dollar empire, but I'd buy an "I'm Rick George B**ch!" t-shirt.

There's a million dollar t-shirt empire waiting to happen with this idea...well maybe a several hundred dollar empire, but I'd buy an "I'm Rick George B**ch!" t-shirt.

In. If I don't spend all my money on cocaine, that is.

Q and A in the gazette.
Q: You're a baseball guy right now. CU doesn't have baseball. Would you add a baseball program?A: "Heck, I don't know. I'd like to certainly look at it at some point and see if there's a fit. I do love baseball. I love all sports. I want all of our teams to be successful. If baseball's something that fits down the road, we'll certainly consider it. But I need to know the landscape better before we start adding things. We need to do what we do now very well before we decide to start to think about addition."
Q: Can CU win a national championship in football?
A: "I do. I wouldn't be there if I didn't believe that. I think all of our sports can win a national championship. That's the mindset we have to embrace. It's going to be hard work and it's going to be (about) having the right student-athletes. Can it be done? Absolutely."

http://gazette.com/q-and-a-with-colorado-athletic-director-rick-george/article/1504355

AD recognizing that adding any new sports with the budget issues and football issues would be stupid AND talking national titles in every sport? Hell yes

Thank you gazette for helping out CU here. With the anti CU culture in the denver and boulder media, this story could have been twisted in a way to criticize any type of success CU ends up having. We should be grateful that the gazette made the story about George paying for a hotel room all it really is, a stupid mistake that was blown out of proportion by the NCAA. Very similar to the CU "scandal" of feeding recruits...

I've found that college administrations often make one of two errors. They either mistake little things for big things, or the higher powers on the academic side get involved with stuff they don't know enough about.

:nod:

That is perhaps the most favorable article related to CU athletics that I've read in the last 10 years.

Except this:

a rare golden era for Buffs football.

I'm not going to look too deeply into the mouth of this gift horse, but what the hell? We've won conference championships in the decades of the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1960s, (didn't win a conference championship in the 70s, but had a top three final national ranking), 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. I don't think of CU football success as being all that "rare".

Okay, I'm over it. I love George's statement (paraphrased) that for the little things to work, the big things have to work, and that a successful football team enables all other sports.

"George, the chief operating officer with Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers, isn't a home-run hire. Hiring George is hitting for the cycle."

oh noes.

Since we don't have a baseball program at CU, I have no idea what the **** you people are talking about.

That article was great - got me excited for the direction George might take us.

I hope he gets everything cleaned up in Boulder

Doesn't a "cycle" include a homerun, triple, double and a single therefore a cycle > homerun?

I'm pretty sure that Abs was feigning baseball ignorance to make a joke. The way I see it, he was poking fun of the negativity surrounding our fanbase to only recognize the "not a homerun" aspect of the sentence while not being sufficiently savvy to catch the context.

Of course, it's possible that Abs is just a dumbass too. My girlfriend says that I read too much into things sometimes. She just likes to go without me and stay out all night. It's none of my business.

We've won conference championships in the decades of the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1960s, (didn't win a conference championship in the 70s, but had a top three final national ranking), 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

Ahem... CU shared the Big 8 title with OU and NU in 1976 and went to the Orange Bowl. It was a true three way tie that year. CU beat OU, who beat NU, who beat CU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ahem... CU shared the Big 8 title with OU and NU in 1976 and went to the Orange Bowl. It was a true three way tie that year. CU beat OU, who beat NU, who beat CU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rep to you, good sir.

Since we don't have a baseball program at CU, I have no idea what the **** you people are talking about.

Thank god! We don't need a sport where, when you hit the ball, a strange muffled thwack/ping results.

Baseball is where you hear the crack of the bat when a ball is hit and pitchers can throw inside and break a wooden bat in two, if aggressive hitters crowd the plate! We already have the LL World Series to watch on ESPN-MCLXXI, why would we want an older player version of that?

Need men's soccer and LAX, wrestling and swimming a back at CU!!! Not ping-ball!

Reactions: aik
Thank god! We don't need a sport where, when you hit the ball, a strange muffled thwack/ping results.

Baseball is where you hear the crack of the bat when a ball is hit and pitchers can throw inside and break a wooden bat in two, if aggressive hitters crowd the plate! We already have the LL World Series to watch on ESPN-MCLXXI, why would we want an older player version of that?

Need men's soccer and LAX, wrestling and swimming a back at CU!!! Not ping-ball!

You seem to have no idea what I was talking about. Also, what the **** are you talking about?

Back