What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George post-season letter to football fans

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Dear Buffs Fans,

Thank you for your support of Colorado Athletics with your purchase of football season tickets for this past season. Your continued support for our team and our department is critical for our plans, and now that the season is over, I wanted to reach out to you with a few of my thoughts on how this season went.

We have made progress in a number of areas this year, including breaking ground on our new facilities and upgrades to seating areas in Folsom Field with the addition of the Touchdown Loge Boxes, Touchdown Club Seats and Champions Club Seats. We also were able to add two new beer gardens with big screen TV’s and video boards to be able to see the game action and other college football games.

However, there are areas in which we did not make the progress we had hoped for this season. Obviously our team performance in terms of wins and losses is not where we wanted or planned for it to be. I think we can agree that there has been improvement, unfortunately that improvement was not sufficient enough to get more wins. Coach MacIntyre and his staff will continue to work on getting this football team better so that next season we are talking about how the team has improved and how that is translating into winning.

Additionally, we made some changes to our in-stadium experience with a new concession vendor. It’s my feeling that this football season we did not live up to our promises for a better overall experience for you on game days in this regard game in and game out, and that’s something we will continue to work on. You deserve a better overall experience and my staff and I will continue to work on that.

Now we are looking forward to next season. We will have an exciting home slate of games in Folsom Field headlined by Oregon, Arizona, Stanford and USC in addition to UMass and Nicholls State. Our new clubs will be finished in the Touchdown Club and Champions Club areas, a new team store will be opened, and many other new parts of our construction project will be completed. It will be an exciting season of Buffs football in many ways, and we continue to need your undying passion for this program.

Thank you again for your support this season.

Collaboration and Unity,
Rick-George-Signature_03.jpg

Rick George

I just got this in my inbox as well. I found it interesting that he was apologetic over the concessions. Bring in the food trucks!

I didn't go to a game this year, are we still playing security theater with Argus monkey pat downs at the gate?

I didn't go to a game this year, are we still playing security theater with Argus monkey pat downs at the gate?
Pretty much no. Not even half hearted ones this year. Just the ole useless swiping medical detector.

As for that letter, spot on. Bohn would have talked about how awesome the team was.

Pretty much no. Not even half hearted ones this year. Just the ole useless swiping medical detector.

As for that letter, spot on. Bohn would have talked about how awesome the team was.

I agree it was a good letter...

It's been said before, but man, this guy just gets it.
Exactly. As I was reading it, all I could think was, no excuses and always trying to make things better. The job of an AD. The fact he said the W-L isn't okay and talked about winning over just talking improving is key too. I like Rick George. First time I met Rick George was, a few weeks or so after he was hired, at the scholarship luncheon.

It was in the bathroom, he looked at my name tag, remembered my name from twitter and a blog I wrote about him and was cordial and humble while showing a fire for greatness for CU athletics. I got this from a minute conversation after we had each taken a piss (and washed our hands) and shook hands. I ****ing like Rick George!

Last edited:
Season ticket sales are the lifeblood of the AD, he knows further attrition only makes his job harder. As for concessions, a lot of what is wrong (long lines/traffic flow cluster &^%$) can be solved with dedicated concession areas and queues. I hope this is part of the plan with the addition of NE complex, more restrooms, and the south endzone retail updates.

I just got this in my inbox as well. I found it interesting that he was apologetic over the concessions. Bring in the food trucks!

Stood in line for 20 minutes (missed the fake punt) while watching the some big10 game on ESPNU on a circa 1995 TV because the other TV with the closed circuit feed of the game was washed out by the sun glare, got to the front of the line looking forward to a chilli and cheese footlong dog only to be hit with the we are out of footlongs right now and it will be another 10 minutes before we have any ready. !@#$!@#%!$%!#$!@#$!#%!#$, ended up with a couple of regular hot dogs.

So to summarize, replace the old outdated monitors with nice flat panels that you can actually watch while waiting in line, and make sure the concessions are stocked with everything on the menu. Also don't make me go to two different stands if I want a burger and a hot dog.

Such a stand up letter. Have seen most recent renderings per facilities completion. It is all just quality. Timeless. Not trendy, or soon to be outdated, timeless.

Rick has worked like a dog to make this happen. Rick will get this done per football.

Lucky we have this guy.

Have heard of these renderings and the presentation that will be shown this weekend. Wish they'd release them to the public.

From phone

Exactly. As I was reading it, all I could think was, no excuses and always trying to make things better. The job of an AD. The fact he said the W-L isn't okay and talked about winning over just talking improving is key too. I like Rick George. First time I met Rick George was, a few weeks or so after he was hired, at the scholarship luncheon.

It was in the bathroom
, he looked at my name tag, remembered my name from twitter and a blog I wrote about him and was cordial and humble while showing a fire for greatness for CU athletics. I got this from a minute conversation after we had each taken a piss (and washed our hands) and shook hands. I ****ing like Rick George!

I petition the Junta to change this member's name to RGToeTapper

Obviously Rick has bigger priorities but why can't someone in the AD put more recent renderings up on the Sustainable Excellence website?

It was in the bathroom, he looked at my name tag, remembered my name from twitter and a blog I wrote about him and was cordial and humble while showing a fire for greatness for CU athletics. I got this from a minute conversation after we had each taken a piss (and washed our hands) and shook hands. I ****ing like Rick George!
So, did he have to look over the partition between urinals?

Obviously Rick has bigger priorities but why can't someone in the AD put more recent renderings up on the Sustainable Excellence website?

Stuff I saw was on hard board. Just put a call in to see if some of that could be posted somehow on Sustainable Excellence site. No doubt this stuff will end up there regardless fairly soon. Not huge changes, just better depictions.

What I was referring to in my comment was how impressive the design work seemed on the practice facility. It is also the first in the nation I believe that is totally self sufficient from an energy usage perspective (BTW, the bubble is really costly to maintain and operate which is probably a surprise to none of us). It was a donor discussion of which I was undoubtedly the smallest contestant ;).

Sorry to bend off topic. It is all primarily due to Rick and the leadership at CU.

Stuff I saw was on hard board. Just put a call in to see if some of that could be posted somehow on Sustainable Excellence site. No doubt this stuff will end up there regardless fairly soon. Not huge changes, just better depictions.

What I was referring to in my comment was how impressive the design work seemed on the practice facility. It is also the first in the nation I believe that is totally self sufficient from an energy usage perspective (BTW, the bubble is really costly to maintain and operate which is probably a surprise to none of us). It was a donor discussion of which I was undoubtedly the smallest contestant ;).

Sorry to bend off topic. It is all primarily due to Rick and the leadership at CU.

Is there a secondary market for used practice bubbles? Maybe CSU-Pueblo would like one or something.

rome wasnt built in a day.. rg knows what needs to happen here to get things rolling...at least i didnt have to sprint to my truck this year at halftime to grab a cold one!

Seriously? The gave me a rectal exam. :doh: My bad. That was my urologist. I got going to the urologist and a CU football game mixed up.

During half time I went down to the concessions, looked at the lines, evaluated the time it would take and the cost of the "reward" I would get for the hassle and made a value based decision to go take a leak and head back to my seat.

During half time I went down to the concessions, looked at the lines, evaluated the time it would take and the "reward" I would get for the hassle and made a value based decision to go take a leak and head back to my seat.

My buddy and I have season tickets and we usually get to the game early to watch Ralphie run anyway, but this year with the beer gardens opening we were usually in the stadium an hour and a half before game time. Sometimes two. Just about every game we decided to check out the lines at half time and ended up taking the same route you did. If there had been more access to the beer gardens at half time and shorter lines CU would have even more of my money.

Seriously? The gave me a rectal exam. :doh: My bad. That was my urologist. I got going to the urologist and a CU football game mixed up.

Wait - your urologist gave you a rectal exam? What was your proctologist doing? Watching the Nebraska game?

Had the carnitas tacos this past weekend. Very definition of meh.

Get verde 505 food truck or T-aco. Tacos are a kick ass food for a game.

I could be wrong, shocking I know lol, I read it as people better be on notice. This guy isn't ****ing around, win or pack your bags. He's gonna be patient for now, that might change.

You guys are all missing the biggest news. We may have a scientific breakthrough that is able to diagnose us with a single swipe!

Was this intentional? Is that a UBL? I don't know.

I could be wrong, shocking I know lol, I read it as people better be on notice. This guy isn't ****ing around, win or pack your bags. He's gonna be patient for now, that might change.

Could be. More likely, I think, is that he's recognizing the fact that 2-10 is a crappy record. He's not going to shine anybody on by saying that's something to be proud of. He's not going to insult our intelligence by trying to shine up that turd.

Could be. More likely, I think, is that he's recognizing the fact that 2-10 is a crappy record. He's not going to shine anybody on by saying that's something to be proud of. He's not going to insult our intelligence by trying to shine up that turd.

A couple things are clear to me regarding Rick George.

First, the guy's a competitor. He is not going to accept failure from himself or those around him.

Second, RG is a straight shooter. If something is inadequate, he's going to man up and admit that it's a problem that needs to get fixed.

After years of hearing so much political speak out of CU that vacillated from spin doctoring to conflict avoidance to pissing on our legs while telling us it was raining... I'm so glad for where we are now under RG's leadership.

A couple things are clear to me regarding Rick George.

First, the guy's a competitor. He is not going to accept failure from himself or those around him.

Second, RG is a straight shooter. If something is inadequate, he's going to man up and admit that it's a problem that needs to get fixed.

After years of hearing so much political speak out of CU that vacillated from spin doctoring to conflict avoidance to pissing on our legs while telling us it was raining... I'm so glad for where we are now under RG's leadership.
:nod: yep refreshing.

Back