What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George

Would really be a surprise. I'm going to say it's nothing more than hopeful blather from Illinois until I hear different from RG himself.

I'll go one step further. If it's a "Two horse race", then it's really a one horse race and the UI brass wants people to think they are really making an effort to get RG.

Really hope he stays to see this thing through but I also think the job is very attractive if it opens.

I know he is an alum but how could anyone choose champaign over Boulder?
Huge wad of cash? Can't think of any other reason. On just about any level, except for alumni loyalty or being grossly over-paid, CU is a better job.

Would really be a surprise. I'm going to say it's nothing more than hopeful blather from Illinois until I hear different from RG himself.

I'd like to hear from Benson as well as George. If George splits, that's on the pres.

I just read one of the Illinois boards.

1) UI sounds like a cheap, political **** show. Why RG would abandon the foundation and more unified environment at CU is beyond me

2) RG was written off by their insiders a long time ago. Other posters had other inside info. This tweet by this writer is the only thing bringing RG back up.

3) I would think we would have some rumor here from a booster or media member. I don't think RG would blindside Benson like this either

Now that I've said that, we will probably get the bad news tomorrow, lol

I am going to make a bold prediction here: RG will be offered the Illini gig. It will include a healthy salary, a private jet to use and a liberal expense account. He will turn it down when CU counters by giving him the Town of Vail and the revenues from the Hwy. 36 toll revenues as a counter offer. Yo heard it here first.

58633733.jpg

Here is the article this Tupper guy wrote, in which he implies there is a big secret deal in place for RG that no one wants to disrupt

http://herald-review.com/blogs/mark...cle_dfabc35e-cb7c-11e5-87a6-3fd413c264a4.html

CHAMPAIGN – People in the know are tip-toeing in the shadows right now, trying to move with stealth silence while the University of Illinois’ search for a new athletics director continues.

They will not speak, at least not on the record.

In fact, they will ask you not to speak, either. At least not in print.

They are terrified that the slightest ripple could disrupt what seems to be a fragile conversation moving a delicate process closer to an agreement and an announcement next week.

Has anyone heard anything from anyone about this?

I just read one of the Illinois boards.

1) UI sounds like a cheap, political **** show. Why RG would abandon the foundation and more unified environment at CU is beyond me

2) RG was written off by their insiders a long time ago. Other posters had other inside info. This tweet by this writer is the only thing bringing RG back up.

3) I would think we would have some rumor here from a booster or media member. I don't think RG would blindside Benson like this either

Now that I've said that, we will probably get the bad news tomorrow, lol
Did you have some fun reading IllinoisLoyalty.com? That site has some characters. Yes U of I is a major crapshoot right now. Rick George is our rushmore, The posters on that site are really scared to get theri hopes up RG would take the job. Every reporter from Chicago to Champaign has never stopped saying RG was out of play even with the denial by RG a few months ago, his name keeps popping up like popcorn in a microwave.

Hope this is just smoke and wishful thinking.
RG is well on his way to transforming CU Athletic Department

Back