1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridgell's Game Article

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Bumbling, stumbling Mistake-prone Buffs can’t explain mistakes or loss to K-State

- Dan Hawkins answered “we’ll see” when asked whether Hansen will return to the starting spot next week against Missouri (11:30 a.m., FSN). For those who might wonder, he added this: “We’re going to do what it takes to win football games; how that plays out, we’ll see.”

- Kansas State coach Bill Snyder said he was “angry” after the loss, and observed that his program was “blessed” that CU committed a “substantial amount of penalties” and dropped a “number of throws.”

- “You talk to these guys all the time, and you have to have leadership from the guys that have been around. They have to know when you travel, you have to bring a little extra juice and stay locked in,” Hawkins said.

- Said Stewart: “Our players, I don’t think they like playing on the road as much. It’s something with the fans, and we just don’t get as much energy on the sidelines. There’s a lot of things (going wrong) playing on the road, and we need to fix it.”

How?

“I don’t know.”

========

Lots more good stuff from Ridgell Times-Call Story

2. Buffnik

I want to know which of the seniors forgot to pack the juiceboxes?!?! That ass cost us the game!!!! :pissed:

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Oh, my.

4. Bolond

Bolond Member

Don't understand how the team couldn't find any energy on the sideline. We had things to play for today. A chance to do something in the North/and the chance to win on the road. Instead we peed on our leg again.

5. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Here is a clue...they realize Danny is done in the short-term.

6. Buffnik

This has been a problem from Day One under Hawkins. He does not coach up emotion. He actually coaches it down. At home, the players can feed off the crowd to make up for this. On the road, there's nothing.

I actually thought that was the most telling quote in the article.

7. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Agreed. I thought after I was at the UT game and watched the KU game last week that maybe Dan had not lost the team completely, but today's disinterest from the get go (those of you in the chat room will remember that I said that it did not look like we had the same fire on defense as the last two weeks within the firs series) convinces me that he's lost them. Once that happens, there is no hope; it's all over but the crying. We need an interim HC, ASAP. I'm not holding my breath, however, because I'm still not convinced that we've got the money to send Danny packing (unless we want to lose Bz as well, because I think it would eat into the funds earmarked for the new BB facilities).

8. Bolond

Bolond Member

Not to start any conflama, but does anyone 'in the know' have any idea what the team demeanor is? Is there any threat of a mutiny? Or are most of the guys still behind Hawk? Is it that the team is just passive about what is happening?

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Patrick is probably the best CU beat writer imo.

10. CUav8er

CUav8er Club Member Club Member

Excellent article. He is definitely one of the best Buff beat writer.