What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ridiculous to lose a game like this.

Hawk and staff decided they had enough OL in the spring, so they moved a BIG 12 all-freshman OL Maivea to FB (who ended up as a transfer to UCLA) So where are all these other starters we lost that were vital for us to have a season where we could get to a bowl game? I'm not seeing how the injuries were the only part of why we went 5-7 and that we should just give Hawk and the staff a pass for this season and hope things get better..

The thread is now complete. :lol:

See this is what I disagree with.. Yeah we have lost guys to injuries, but what makes you think they are so much better that things would have been so much different? Miller and Speedy were losses that were big, but the other guys? You, me, anyone else have no idea how good the freshman Katoa, Max, Major, Simas and the JC OL Fatagi(sp?) and the JC DE Hudgins (now medically hardship) are. You guys pencil it in that it's an automatic if those guys played, we would have been better.. That ain't necessarily true..

no its not necessarily true. not at all. is it likey they would have helped? i would place my bet on "probably". would they have ment a win vs aTm? i dunno? its all speculation. you get that? speculation. just like you are doing. the only difference is your speculation is a doom and gloom of the program not matter what. as i said earlier, if the Buffs dont win when they try and pass, you want them to run more. if they lose with the run, you bitch and moan about the lack of a passing game. like i said earlier, jimmy. dont dry and fool us. we all know what you are about.

CU could make it the the national championship game next year and lose it. and there is no doubt who will be first in line bitching about that loss. it would be you.

Yes, we would have had more depth, but is it a guarantee they would have made a huge difference??? You guys keep floating out these 110 games lost and I'll throw it right back at you that Miller (lost in game 4) and Speedy (lost at A$M) were the only ones that were superior to their backups.. Burney was lost for the season, but I think we replaced him just fine this year at corner..Celestine leaving? Hey, he was barely cracking the TOP 4 WR before he left.. Hawk and staff decided they had enough OL in the spring, so they moved a BIG 12 all-freshman OL Maivea to FB (who ended up as a transfer to UCLA) So where are all these other starters we lost that were vital for us to have a season where we could get to a bowl game? I'm not seeing how the injuries were the only part of why we went 5-7 and that we should just give Hawk and the staff a pass for this season and hope things get better..

if you dont see how 110+ games lost to the two deep roster can have severe detrimental effects on said team..... nothing i can say will help you. you are a lost cause.

naturally, i, and i suspect many other knew that a long time ago but, it just has to be pointed out to you. again.

Hawk has been here 3 years. I think that's enough time for him to get enough of his players in here to get to a bowl game in his third year. Its not like me or 77buff or another critic is saying that we should be in the Big 12 championship game right now..

i dissagree. three years is not **** for him. not given what he was delt and what he has had to over come. i dont know what to tell ya jimmy. im in the 5 year camp. does not mean im happy or content with what Hawk has done. just means, im going to give the guy 5 full years.

you dont have the tolerance for that. oh well. good luck getting him fired. i guess......:huh:

Last edited:
The LAST thing this program needs is a change at head coach. Some assistants could go but not hawk. I'm looking to next year to see improvement and see where we are headed.

We need some stability.

i dissagree. three years is not **** for him. not given what he was delt and what he has had to over come. i dont know what to tell ya jimmy. im in the 5 year camp. does not mean im happy or content with what Hawk has done. just means, im going to give the guy 5 full years.

you dont have the tolerance for that. oh well. good luck getting him fired. i guess......:huh:

I wasn't aware that I said that Hawk should be fired.. :wow:

Criticizing his record and his coaching staff doesn't mean I completely want the guy gone... And this idea that I'm 100% against everything Hawk is such a joke.. I seem to remember numerous times that I actually defended the coaching staff on Little Hawk playing and the lack of playing time for Darrell Scott..

I wasn't aware that I said that Hawk should be fired.. :wow:

Criticizing his record and his coaching staff doesn't mean I completely want the guy gone... And this idea that I'm 100% against everything Hawk is such a joke.. I seem to remember numerous times that I actually defended the coaching staff on Little Hawk playing and the lack of playing time for Darrell Scott..

bipolar? :deadhorse:

I'm getting tired of the negative bull****. I didn't feel like reading this thread so some of you are lucky, because I'm in a neg-repping mood. **** all your ****.

The LAST thing this program needs is a change at head coach. Some assistants could go but not hawk. I'm looking to next year to see improvement and see where we are headed.

We need some stability.

I agree.

Between the injury and academic losses this season, your coaching staff has weathered it and shown the potential for seasons to come. Coaching change now would wreck momentum that is heading in the right direction, in my opinion.

I really liked the back to back failed QB draws too. :rolleyes:

On the surface those seemed frustrating, but, Helfrich (who isn't as dumb as people think--he was limited by on-field tools, not mental tools this season) saw something from the booth. By keeping Cody in, we have a legitimate pass threat and keep the defensive backfield honest. If we bring in Hansen (even with his arm, he's not gonna throw it in this situation) nebraska stacks the box. If you look at the draws, each is just one block/broken tackle from a substantial gain. Again, Helfrich saw something, but the exectuion failed. Throwing would have stopped the clock. In retrospect the plays sucked, but they were probably founded in something solid.

I thought CU played absolutely outstanding.

Your secondary (except for that one big pass)....completely shut us down all day.

Man, I woke up in disbelief. I still cant believe that kid made that kick. Crapola, what is with all this bad karma this team has this year? I hated losing like that. BUT, the Buffs were ready to play. I wish the team could go bowling, because I think they would win that game too.

All we can hope for, as far as this year goes, is that DH goes balls out in recruiting and starts selling that snale oil. If the team progresses, and maybe some asst coaching changes, they could be 10-2 next year.

BTW, I HATE the huskers, and last night was just one more reason to add that hate.

Last edited:
On the surface those seemed frustrating, but, Helfrich (who isn't as dumb as people think--he was limited by on-field tools, not mental tools this season) saw something from the booth. By keeping Cody in, we have a legitimate pass threat and keep the defensive backfield honest. If we bring in Hansen (even with his arm, he's not gonna throw it in this situation) nebraska stacks the box. If you look at the draws, each is just one block/broken tackle from a substantial gain. Again, Helfrich saw something, but the exectuion failed. Throwing would have stopped the clock. In retrospect the plays sucked, but they were probably founded in something solid.

I agree...each of those plays there was a gap in the line and room towards the first down marker, Cody just couldn't get there. He either chose the wrong route or someone couldn't hold their block long enough because he made it two steps and was dropped with about 5 open steps ahead of him. They should have worked, just didn't.

awwww warm fuzzy

549455mu0ncxk4bt.gif

:lol:

on one of those runs, NU's dline made a nice stuntand Head completely missed it and let the guy in on the play. It didn't matter if it was cody or Hansen or Pat white, Head was a turnstile and totally ****ed the play. On the other, somebody else missed their block.

In review, I think those were damn good play calls since there was NO one in front of Cody for a good 10 yards. The problem is that our Oline totally ****ed the play up. Sort of like whats been happening all year.

Still, wish they would leave those plays out of the playbook for the most part...

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. The sting of the loss left me last night around 11:00.

Most of what I will say has been said. First off, we played well. Our defense stepped up in the 4th when *ebraska was driving. Forced them into a 4th and 25, pretty stout D to get to that point. They made a ridiculous kick that I thought only Mason Crosby could have made. And then we had the tipped ball to seal it. This game was perfectly indicative of our season.

Could our Offensive play calling be better (QB draws), yes. Could we have executed better, yes. But one thing that we could not have done better, we left everything on the field. Our guys played with more fire yesterday than I have seen all season. That is part of what made this game so exciting to watch.

I had my Uncles and cousins watching with me who know nothing about CU besides what I have mentioned occasionally and even they were commenting on how well we were playing and how good a game it was. My Uncle was even calling out the announcers on being so biased.

I was pissed after we lost. Sent some text messages that were pretty messed up. But I realized that I couldn't be that angry with everything that has happened. Of course I'm not happy at Hawk's record or what has been going on for the last three years but I am hopeful that it will get better. I am firm believe that you should never settle for a loss but sometimes you just have take it and use it as a learning experience, as flimsy/whimsical/non-competitive as that sounds. It is what needs to happen and I believe Hawk and the staff (with some possible coaching "adjustments") will do exactly that and use it for fuel for next season.

Back