What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo: CU interested in Dan Mullen and Jim Grobe

I understand following the basketball model, but Jim Grobe is already at Wake Forest. That's all backwards.

why dont we just list every single coach from a bcs conf and about 20 top coaches from non-bcs conf's and a few select "O" and "D" coord's and then we have our list!

Ringo "sources" Tweet....Dan Mullen, Jim Grobe, Butch Jones...

YES please to Dan Mullen!!!

Kyle Ringo@KyleRingo Sources say Colorado plans to interview Cincinnati coach Butch Jones early next week. #CUBuffs also interested in Dan Mullen and Jim Grobe

Grobe has been offered about 50 BCS jobs while at Wake. He wasn't even interested in going back to his alma mater (UVA).

YES please to Dan Mullen!!!

Kyle Ringo@KyleRingo Sources say Colorado plans to interview Cincinnati coach Butch Jones early next week. #CUBuffs also interested in Dan Mullen and Jim Grobe

Why would Dan Mullen come to Colorado? He already makes 2.65 million. We would have to go over 3 million and that might not be enough.

Grobe has been offered about 50 BCS jobs while at Wake. He wasn't even interested in going back to his alma mater (UVA).

He is almost 60
Has 7 losing in his 12 seasons at Wake
Is 106-107-1 on his career

JUST SAY NO

Why would Dan Mullen come to Colorado? He already makes 2.65 million. We would have to go over 3 million and that might not be enough.

Ever been to Staksville, MS? Neither have I, neither has anyone. Nuff said. Seriously though, not sure if he would have interest, but it sure would be a huge get for the Buffs.

No to Grobe. Mullen would be good but he isn't leaving the SEC for Boulder, htat is a pipe dream...

Grobe was going pretty well a few years ago, but Wake has fallen back into mediocrity. Pass.

I was into Mullen, but the more you look at his teams, the more you see they have feasted on awful OOC opponents and the weaker SEC teams.

I really think the AD just floats names to keep everybody off balance. Grobe? A 60 year old to come rebuild, right.

Dan Mullen passes the "assistants coaches have ties to Colorado" test. :) Brewster ( not CU but was on the Broncos staff ) and Wilson.

Grobe was going pretty well a few years ago, but Wake has fallen back into mediocrity. Pass.

I was into Mullen, but the more you look at his teams, the more you see they have feasted on awful OOC opponents and the weaker SEC teams.

He doesn't have any real statement wins like you would think a team that won that many $EC games would almost inevitably have. OTOH, he's at a program that was 30-64 over the 8 years before he was hired, with one winning season, and he's had 3 winning seasons in a row. Bringing a program back is something he has done....

He doesn't have any real statement wins like you would think a team that won that many $EC games would almost inevitably have. OTOH, he's at a program that was 30-64 over the 8 years before he was hired, with one winning season, and he's had 3 winning seasons in a row. Bringing a program back is something he has done....

Yeah I'm not going to act like he sucks or something, just not the awesome prospect I thought he was based on his record. He did have a nice season a couple of years ago with wins over Florida and Georgia. I wouldn't be disappointed by any measure if we got him, I just feel like Strong and Golden are on another level.

Yeah I'm not going to act like he sucks or something, just not the awesome prospect I thought he was based on his record. He did have a nice season a couple of years ago with wins over Florida and Georgia. I wouldn't be disappointed by any measure if we got him, I just feel like Strong and Golden are on another level.

Those Florida and Georgia teams went a combined 14-12 that year, though. Now, if he had beaten those two teams this year.....

I still think he's a great prospect. Can't imagine him coming here (his ties are definitely in the south at this point). But I approve of at least taking a shot at getting him...

Who's interested in us? Man, sounds like we are flinging stuff at the wall here.

Those Florida and Georgia teams went a combined 14-12 that year, though. Now, if he had beaten those two teams this year.....

I still think he's a great prospect. Can't imagine him coming here (his ties are definitely in the south at this point). But I approve of at least taking a shot at getting him...

Way to undermine your boys only good wins :smile2:

I'm just very underwhelmed when I look at the wins he has at MSU. Lots of OOC weaklings and wins over Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, and assorted down SEC teams each year.

Like you said though, the people before him weren't doing that and beating the upper tier SEC teams isn't some simple task. Still not infatuated with him, though.

I've seen MSU a couple of times in person over the last three seasons and have been impressed with how disciplined they are. From what I saw of Louisville this year (albeit on TV), they were holding things together with a string and had a fair amount of luck. Miss St is a solid, disciplined and boring team. Really, they lost to 3 top ten caliber teams and Ole Miss. And scheduled a miserable slate. Mullen with some innovative coordinators would be great.

Grobe, are you ****ing kidding me?

And Mullen makes 2.6 mil, what's he gonna do go from MSU to CU for a decrease in salary?

I hope Ringo doesn't actually believe these names he's throwing out there.

Back