1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RINGO: New era underway thanks to Lappe

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Mar 22, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

S ince the legend known as Ceal Barry hung her whistle on a wall or tucked it away inside a desk drawer six years ago, the Colorado women`s basketball program she built into a perennial contender in the Big 12 Conference has lacked toughness.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i still dont like her... but there is no denying she has done a good job

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

ringo obviously hasn't heard lappe don't swing his way.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That's just the odds, man. As I discovered during my comprehensive field work when I was single, well over 90% of women are lesbians.

5. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

why

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Has she done a good job? I think the jury is still very much out on that, personally. Still, probably better than KMac did, so that's something.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Team was picked to finish last in the Big 12. That was prior to the injuries, defections and academic suspensions that saw us with 6 or 7 active players for much of the season. This was a good coaching job this season.

I like the direction that things are going, but next year will tell us so much more as we try to replace Spears. We're playing with more toughness and discipline, which is great. But if you can't recruit and develop talent, that won't get it done. (I do like our recruiting class so far, fwiw.)

8. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

I've been to a lot of the games this year and I really think she has done an excellent job. Not only has she totally changed the attitude of what used to be a relatively despondent team, she has outcoached the likes of Bill Fennelly at Iowa State and Sherri Coale at Oklahoma. She's going to be really successful here. What she has done with this team is far more impressive than what Tad has done with his (I do like Tad though).