What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo Tweet: Riddle Opens up placekicking competition

Bring back Voskeritchian!

No $**T! I was in UT Memorial Stadium (before it was DKR) when he hit that monster FG to win the game. I remember biting off all my fingernails before that kick because you never knew what you were gonna get with Neil. At least his % was better than "money" tho'.

One thing about this turn of events...

Ringo tweets that Riddle says "the placekicking job is open" and an hour later Dan says "Kirkwood is our guy." In public. To a reporter at the Media Luncheon.
Things that make you go ... huh?
Did they not discuss this? Is this Riddle's decision or the HC's?

Whatever the story is, these guys are not on the same page, are they?

I think the best turn of events is how it goes from Goodman missing yet another kick to Castor getting a shot before Kirkwood and now Castor is already benched and his redshirt is wasted?!?!?@!?@?!@?!

Very true. Unfortunately the more we lose the more random stupid **** they're going to do. I was definitely one of the people saying who cares don't fire Hawk until the season is over, but now I'm thinking that is wrong. If he continues to burn redshirts and stops recruiting completely, or hell maybe even negatively recruiting against us? He has to go in that case. Let Cabral coach them for the rest of the season. Fire Riddle, Hawk, and Collins.

Our coaches have hit the panic button in week 5 with a 3-2 record.

Wouldn't you if you knew your job was on the line with little hope of saving it unless you performed a miracle? Fortunately for us, there's not a miracle-worker to be had on the entire staff.

From the Times Call:

"If Castor doesn’t kick again this year, he’ll lose his redshirt year after playing just one play."

Hawkins: "It's kind of kicker by committee right now."

Wow.

Last edited:
From the Times Call:

"If Castor doesn’t kick again this year, he’ll lose his redshirt year after playing just one play."

Hawkins: "It's kind of kicker by committee right now."

Wow.

Castor should be able to kick Hawk square in the nuts for this. What a complete sh!tbag! :pissed:

The killer was that they pulled Goodman to let Castor kick on a field goal that Goodman could actually make. Not saying it was a guarantee, but he is better on the shorter kicks - its the 40+ kicks that are just about a guaranteed miss.

I give up on anything special teams - I can't even watch STs anymore except for kickoff returns. Everything else has about a 90% chance of something going bad.

Castor should be very pissed...and rightfully so. The coach has such little confidence/understanding of his players to go ahead an put a kid in for a play, then turn around and bench him cecause that one play didn't go so well. Did he not know that that result was a possibility? Did he absolutely have no plan whatsoever that was thought of prior to that series? Truly unbelievable, but incompetence with this staff should not be a surprise since there has been nothing but incompetence for four previous years.

Back