What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo Twitter (Les Miles)

Are you people ****jng kidding me? A team on a 5 year losing streak, subpar facilities has a chance at a top sec hc? A coach that has been rumored to be the next hc at Michigan no les That's pure fantasy what's not to like?

Are you people ****jng kidding me? A team on a 5 year losing streak, subpar facilities has a chance at a top sec hc? A coach that has been rumored to be the next hc at Michigan no les That's pure fantasy what's not to like?

He's no Dave Logan.

Why are you people hesitant about this?? The only better scenario would be if Christ himself came down and took over the reigns on the Boulder sidelines.

No way Michigan goes after him now with the rise of Harbaugh at Stanford. This would definitely still be a long-shot, but Miles loved his previous time in Boulder so you never know. It's an ugly situation for him down on the Bayou, even with the Tigers' 7-1 record. With a likely Bayou Bengal loss to Bama on Saturday, the situation will only get more ridiculous down there

No way Michigan goes after him now with the rise of Harbaugh at Stanford. This would definitely still be a long-shot, but Miles loved his previous time in Boulder so you never know. It's an ugly situation for him down on the Bayou, even with the Tigers' 7-1 record. With a likely Bayou Bengal loss to Bama on Saturday, the situation will only get more ridiculous down there
Agreed. I think we need to root for an ugly end to the season in Baton Rouge, so that Miles makes a quick exit.

I think the possibility of getting Miles in here next year is enough reason to wait until the end of this season to make a coaching change - you wait until all potential candidates are available and pounce on your favorites.

my jr highschool Tuesday Team coach could be an option. I am sure he would accept a multi year deal in the low 50's

I don't think Miles would want to leave LSU simply because he has it made there AND he wouldn't leave them for his alma mater back in 2007...

Guess that leaves us with Malzahn or Mullen. :-D

Thank you. I'm truthfully hoping that the only people that are trying to say this isn't a good hire for CU are trying to rationalize to themselves why we don't get him. "Oh we didn't want him anyway because Jamarcus Russel sucked in the NFL. Les Miles is a bum. CU is better off without him. His clock management is terrible, we might be 1 play away from winning and he'll make the wrong call....."
If Les Miles is interested in the CU job in any capacity, he should be #1, #2 and #3 on our list. Period. He's consistantly won in the most difficult football conference in America.

Mid-season firings usually have no bearing on this. Most teams, like Minnesota, just plug in an assistant as interim HC. Once the season ends, they conduct a full-blown search.

Agreed. I think we need to root for an ugly end to the season in Baton Rouge, so that Miles makes a quick exit.

I think the possibility of getting Miles in here next year is enough reason to wait until the end of this season to make a coaching change - you wait until all potential candidates are available and pounce on your favorites.

No offense, but I am about to offend some people. On paper Les Miles seems like a fantastic hire (who I would gladly take), but I have to agree with Sackman. Something in my gut doesn't feel right about this hire.

Why would anyone want Miles? There has to be some upstart coach at some crappy mid major he could chase after. Nevada won some games this year, we should get that guy.

Why would anyone want Miles? There has to be some upstart coach at some crappy mid major he could chase after. Nevada won some games this year, we should get that guy.

True. True. Did you see that big upset win UAB had over Southern Miss last weekend? We should talk to their coach.

So, so far I'm reading Miles = something in my gut doesn't feel right. On the flip side, wasn't Hawkins almost a universally-praised hire? Just saying. We'd be damn lucky to have the Mad Hatter here.

Last edited:
Truthfully, if the school's name doesn't begin with at least two compass points, color me disinterested.

So, so far I'm reading Miles = something in my guy doesn't feel right. On the flip side, wasn't Hawkins almost a universally-praised hire? Just saying. We'd be damn lucky to have the Mad Hatter here.

I think there's a freudian slip in there, somewhere. NTTAWWT.

somebody posted above that at Okie State he was 28-21. I would have to assume Okie State is a program more positioned like CU as opposed to LSU. Would 28-21 be acceptable to everyone here? Is that what we are looking for, mediocrity? Seems to me, LSU has some of the best talent in all of college football and regardless of whos coach, they are going to win games. Therefore his record at Okie State is more indicative of his coaching skills and I honestly want more then 28-21.
The number of coaches that can produce excellent win-loss records in BCS conferences on a consistent basis over time is VERY small. And as soon as they do they get called up to a big-money program. CU's biggest mistake was firing Barnett. That guy was a pro. What you can expect at CU is what GB was delivering. Some good years and an occasional shot at someting big mixed in with some struggles as star players come and go.

Les. Mac. Gus. I think those are my top three. And Mac might be number two, which is surprising. Don't see any way we get Les but I can hope.

+100. Your comments about Barnett are right on the money.

The number of coaches that can produce excellent win-loss records in BCS conferences on a consistent basis over time is VERY small. And as soon as they do they get called up to a big-money program. CU's biggest mistake was firing Barnett. That guy was a pro. What you can expect at CU is what GB was delivering. Some good years and an occasional shot at someting big mixed in with some struggles as star players come and go.

I would love to have Les as our HC but it is very unlikely. He is making around $4 mil/yr. There's no way we can afford that. Next

Anyone arguing that CU made a mistake in firing Barnett was not watching games from 2003-2005.

Anyone arguing that CU made a mistake in firing Barnett was not watching games from 2003-2005.

Sadly, true. I liked Gary but to say (as is posted above) that GB had an "excellent" W-L record is simply wrong. He was barely over a career .500 coach...and, sure, there's the NW factor but your record is your record. To GB's credit he is one of very few coaches I can think of who won two different BCS level conferences. Actually, I can't think of another one.

Barnett always could coach.

That wasn't why he was fired. Recruiting, PR and Team Discipline failures are what did him in.

Back