What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo's Blog This Morning

SanDiegoBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Good read...

We know Bohn was clearing leaning toward making a change in football coaches before he left for Hawaii with the men’s basketball program in late November ( a long-planned trip). Just two days before he left, he assured a group of reporters in the press box at Oklahoma State that no decision about the coaching staff would be made until after the season. He even pointed to the fact that he would be out of town as one reason it didn’t make sense to make any change before the end of the season.

Then he comes back from Hawaii on Thanksgiving Day one day before the Buffs hosted Nebraska and officially announces Hawkins is being retained? He explained the situation was becoming too much of a distraction to the team, a 3-8 team that was about to play its final game of the year, and, albeit against a rival, the outcome was meaningless. There was no bowl game on the line, no chance at a winning record. The last interviews players and coaches did with media that week were done on Monday. Distraction?

My bet is that the issue was becoming too big of a distraction, but in the president’s office not in the locker room.

http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3

That blog post by Ringo was spot on. The way the announcement was handled, its timing, and Bohn's avoidance of the media is completely out of character for him. Something smells fishy here and it has become an open secret that Benson (and Regents like Lucero) forced Hawkins on the CU fans for another year.

Great job by Ringo. I am glad someone is trying to force the issue. Those in power just want to bury it and are counting on people "moving on". That is bull**** and unless people keep the heat on them, nothing will change. I hope some big-time boosters decide to step forward and go on the record. The university will not be able to avoid the issue if that happens.

Exactly.. If Hawkins was safe the whole time then why wouldn't Bohn say after the Kansas game or A$M game that Hawkins is coming back instead of waiting until the end of the season? Makes absolutely no sense, unless Bohn was willingly to fire Hawkins but was overruled by Benson/higher ups..

Bohn is a smart guy. He knows recruiting is a life blood of a program. He can clearly see the staff is clearly having trouble recruiting this year..Bohn can also see that this program is not improving under Hawkins regardless if we are a young team or not. .

Great job by Ringo. I am glad someone is trying to force the issue. Those in power just want to bury it and are counting on people "moving on". That is bull**** and unless people keep the heat on them, nothing will change. I hope some big-time boosters decide to step forward and go on the record. The university will not be able to avoid the issue if that happens.

:yeahthat:

I'm really not sure what I want to see happen here, right now. Recruiting already sucks, but it can always get worse. A big controversy that cuts Hawkins off at the knees even more could make it worse. OTOH, the administration needs to see a reaction from fans and people inside the AD that will convince them not to pull another dumbassed power play next December.

What a cluster****... :sad1:

Didn't Benson say that he didn't like "scandals"

Looks like he is creating one on his own.. :rofl:

:yeahthat:

I'm really not sure what I want to see happen here, right now. Recruiting already sucks, but it can always get worse. A big controversy that cuts Hawkins off at the knees even more could make it worse. OTOH, the administration needs to see a reaction from fans and people inside the AD that will convince them not to pull another dumbassed power play next December.

What a cluster****... :sad1:

Unfortunately, I don't think the healing starts until Hawkins is gone. If this recruiting class is going to be fairly weak anyway, start over now.

Although that's obviously not going to happen.

Maybe an analogy is in order, so that the administration can understand how the fans feel. While other football programs throughout the country are eating pizza, the CU faithful has been given a can of beans.

That blog post by Ringo was spot on. The way the announcement was handled, its timing, and Bohn's avoidance of the media is completely out of character for him. Something smells fishy here and it has become an open secret that Benson (and Regents like Lucero) forced Hawkins on the CU fans for another year.

WTF? Lucero wouldn't be the guy forcing this issue. I'm not sure why you chose to single him out.

WTF? Lucero wouldn't be the guy forcing this issue. I'm not sure why you chose to single him out.

Check the other thread I started. Lucero said less than a week before the announcement that he loved Dan Hawkins and thought he should be the coach at least another year.

Check the other thread I started. Lucero said less than a week before the announcement that he loved Dan Hawkins and thought he should be the coach at least another year.

I believe he also said that he would support the buyout if it came to that..

Yeah for a change Kyle got this one right. I'm glad to see that at least some form of the press is keeping the fire stoked. There's nothing Benson would like more (and Lucero) than to see this fade away. To do so, would allow them to rest on their laurels. Bohn did go to great lengths to avoid the media. And when the media pressure boiled over, Mike would decide that it was time to "Meet the Press" then dance around the hard questions like a seasoned politician. I would have to say that right after the 2010 spring game until the 1st NC game, the reminders of this seasons failures, the poor decisions made by DeStiff and the rest of his clown posse will be resurrected again by those of us who still care enough to remind them that their actions will no longer be tolerated. I didn't much care for Talkins comment about how the house was burn't to the ground when he was hired. But after thinking about it, if the house is burnt to the ground after next years campaign I hope these guys are inside the house when it does!

Back