What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RIP Keith English, former CU punter

SpacemanSpiff

Be curious, not judgmental
Club Member
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16770867

Just a real shocker. Not sure if anyone else here knew him. I didn't know him well, but Keith and Trevor lived across the hall from me my freshman year and I'm telling you, he could not have been a nicer guy.

I'll remember him bringing us some spaghetti and lasagna from training table. I'll remember him having putting contests with us in the hallway. I'll remember him and Trevor playing football with us (and taking it VERY easy on us) during that huge snowfall that the Broncos had a Monday Night Football game in 1984. But most of all, I'll remember both him and his longtime girlfriend (who was drop dead gorgeous) just being the most genuine, friendly, down to earth people I've ever met.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Keith was an awesome man. He was a great teammate! As kickers and punters go sometime we have a hard time fitting in and he made it real easy on us to feel a part of the team. He will always be remembered as such to me! God Bless him and his family! We(my family and I) will keep him an his family in our prayers!

Would have been a starter almost anywhere else, but just happened to be a teammate of Barry Helton.
Consensus All-American in 1988 in his only year he saw the field (the only Buff to be so honored that year).
A real loss to the Buff family. RIP Keith.

RIP, Keith.

I found an old Scout list of top five CU punters, and he beat out the likes of Mitch Berger.

"The following are BSN’s top five Colorado punters of all-time, listed in alphabetical order. Follow the link at the bottom of the page to a poll where you can vote your No. 1 and/or make a case for a player left off the list.

Keith English
6-3, 215 pounds, Greeley (West), Colo.
1984-88
Took over for graduated Barry Helton as a senior in 1988 and led the nation in punting (45.04 average). Named all-Big Eight and All-America that season. His five punts for a 59 yard average vs. Oregon State on Sept. 28, 1988, led to English being named national Player of the Week.
Excelled when he was backed up inside CU territory: English owned a 49.3 yard average on 24 punts when he kicked from inside his own 30-yard line. Briefly played for the Los Angeles Rams (68 career punts) after signing as a free agent."​

Sad to hear, RIP Keith!

Man we really had a string of great punters here. Helton, English, Rouen, Berger, etc.

Back