What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RMS Ticket Sales

It has everything to do with playing CSU. The media almost treats us like the home team when we play any one else. No matter what happens in the CSU game the Denver media spins it against the Buffs. This series has run it's course and needs to end.

The media is against us because we play CSU, but cancelling the series will somehow change that? I don't see it. I can take or leave it personally - it's a series we should win 9 out of 10 times, but playing at SAF sucks.

I think we should drop the victim mentality that comes with playing this game. Just go out and kick their ass and be done with it. The series will end soon enough.

This is it! We start taking them to the woodshed on a regular basis and this becomes moot.

It has everything to do with playing CSU. The media almost treats us like the home team when we play any one else. No matter what happens in the CSU game the Denver media spins it against the Buffs. This series has run it's course and needs to end.

If we win Susie Wargin really hates us.
If we lose she gloats, but still hates us.

Agreed kill the game. It is a no win for us.

The media is against us because we play CSU, but cancelling the series will somehow change that? I don't see it. I can take or leave it personally - it's a series we should win 9 out of 10 times, but playing at SAF sucks.

It gives ammo to the obnoxious CSU fans who are primarily CU haters before Ram fans (ie 90% of their supposed fanbase).
Remove the game, you remove a lot of ammo for all of their haters.

It gives ammo to the obnoxious CSU fans who are primarily CU haters before Ram fans (ie 90% of their supposed fanbase).

Jesus, you care a lot about the opinion of Susie Wargin and Ram fans. Who gives a **** if they hate CU? They're supposed to.

No you don't, then they'll say we're just ducking them because we're afraid. You really want to make scheduling decisions based on avoiding obnoxious fan bases? That's ridiculous.

I want to know this as well. If CU is selling their cheapest seat at $55 and lambs are selling all their tickets at $25 does each side keep their own ticket sales?

that is exactly what I want to know. There is no way it can be equal. does the home team pay for the facility rental? Lot of questions.

"Home" game is different than "game". In fact, they are worlds apart. One of the biggest issues that CU fans have with this game is that it in fact is NOT a home game, and pretty much removes the possibility of that 7th home game each year. It may be included in the season package, but it is absolutely not a home game.

C'mon man. All Blackngold was saying was that FOR REVENUE PURPOSES ONLY, the RMS is essentially a 7th home game. I'm not sure if you're having a hard time comprehending that or just like to argue.

I want to know this as well. If CU is selling their cheapest seat at $55 and lambs are selling all their tickets at $25 does each side keep their own ticket sales?

Here is my understanding on how it works:

For all the Denver games, regardless of who is the official home team, CU gets to sell 60% of the tickets, and CSU 40%. Both teams can stick their season ticket holders with purchasing the game (a much better deal than the Donkeys and the rest of the NFL give their season ticket holders, making them purchase preseason "game" tickets). CU thus gets a good deal because they can make money approaching a home game for what would otherwise be an away game every year.

As much as I hate the game at Mile High (I find the loud commercials on the jumbotron particularly galling), CU certainly does better financially than they would with a home and home.

Does anyone have any tickets that they do not plan on using? We have in-laws in town and I am trying not to pay a ridiculous amount for them. Thanks in advance.

In all honesty, I really don't care about the City of Boulder.

Short sighted view, IMO. The future of the university and the city are one in the same. But I digress, this is a thread about selling tix to watch us play some ****ty team in Denver.

**** boulder

Double anal penetration **** boulder.

Yeah, you make a fine point. I never really thought about it that way.

BTW, You're someone who chooses to subject himself (I took your use of "Double anal penetration" as a sign you're a guy, but could be wrong) to living in the asshole of America (Dade County), you have forfeited your vote.

Last edited:
http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...tball-ticket-sales-rocky-mountain-showdown-vs

CSU director of media relations Paul Kirk said the Rams have sold approximately 15,000 tickets as of the Tuesday morning. He said the program is hoping for a surge in student ticket sales in coming days as students return to school.

Colorado reported last week it had sold 21,800 tickets. It expects to be north of 30,000 in ticket sales by game day because student ticket sales are not yet factored into its report. CU generally sells 8,000 or more tickets to students for the game, sports information director Dave Plati said.
Colorado routinely attracts a higher percentage of the fans attending the game. Last year, CU sold 32,779 tickets compared with CSU moving 23,392. In 2012, the Buffs sold 35,406 and CSU sold 18,169.

Looks like CSU is actually going to sell less tickets this year than last, although I bet they get more than 2012. As for CU, Rick George's effort to bury this game appears to be bearing fruit as CU is on track to sell the least amount of tickets ever.

Dang, it is going to be close to that out clause (45k or 50k? somewhere around there is what i vaguely remember being banded around)

Jesus, you care a lot about the opinion of Susie Wargin and Ram fans. Who gives a **** if they hate CU? They're supposed to.

It effects recruiting and we need every edge we can get.

There is a reality that any kid we recruit from Colorado is likely to be surrounded by Rammies on a daily basis who spew constant negativity whether we win or lose. You can say it is a nonfactor but I know that it has been in a factor in multiple D1 level recruits. Maybe you don't realize that in places like Parker Rammies outnumber CU fans to a 10 - 1 basis? I see no gain from playing this game vs another school - None. A win against a no name Texas school is just as valuable as a win against CSU, maybe more valuable because we get into Texas.

Sign up someone who this won't be their superbowl and be done with it. The Ram fans in the Dmetro and FortCo area will pretty much lose all interest as the game is the only thing that tethers half of them to the program anyway.

As long as the teams we are competing for recognition with are loading their OOC schedules with cream puffs I'm not in favor of beating ourselves over the head before we ever get to conference play.

My ideal would be one solid but not great P5 team, a bottom end P5 or upper end non-P5 (a non-P5 that is usually a bowl participant,) and one glorified scrimmage against a lower end non-P5 team.

This third part could be accomplished on a regular basis with some regional teams that are normally not very good like UNM, NMSU, and even Wyo. CSU would fit into this catagory as well but they put so much emphasis on the game that we end up with an opponent who usually plays well over their heads for us.

I'm not in favor of playing Wyoming anywhere but Folsom. Their stadium is marginally better than Hughes, but not much. They've taken multiple one-off's with us over the past fifteen years, why wouldn't that continue?

I'm not in favor of playing Wyoming anywhere but Folsom. Their stadium is marginally better than Hughes, but not much. They've taken multiple one-off's with us over the past fifteen years, why wouldn't that continue?

Agree with you. All of these games should be on our terms.

These schools simply put can and should make a lot more money playing us at our place than they make in a home game at theirs. Wyoming has managed to bring in some big name schools doing 2 for 1's though. In recent years they have had Texas and Nebraska show up in Laramie. Obviously the road game made business sense with those schools and they make a lot more off a home game than we do.

One advantage of these opponents is that even though their regions don't have a lot of top talent we are the closest P5 school and should be able to have a big advantage in getting what they put out. These games would help put us in that situation.

Yeah, you make a fine point. I never really thought about it that way.

BTW, You're someone who chooses to subject himself (I took your use of "Double anal penetration" as a sign you're a guy, but could be wrong) to living in the asshole of America (Dade County), you have forfeited your vote.

:lol: Clearly, you've never been to Flint or Gary, but yeah, Dade County sucks. I've lived just East of Boulder for over 10 years now. Florida is nice to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there.

Its not really Boulder I hate, per se. Just the assholes who live there that are ruining Pearl and The Hill, and their mean cops and parking nazis.

And yeah, Im a dude just trying to get some rep.

Back