What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RMS Ticket Sales

It effects recruiting and we need every edge we can get.

There is a reality that any kid we recruit from Colorado is likely to be surrounded by Rammies on a daily basis who spew constant negativity whether we win or lose. You can say it is a nonfactor but I know that it has been in a factor in multiple D1 level recruits. Maybe you don't realize that in places like Parker Rammies outnumber CU fans to a 10 - 1 basis? I see no gain from playing this game vs another school - None. A win against a no name Texas school is just as valuable as a win against CSU, maybe more valuable because we get into Texas.

Sign up someone who this won't be their superbowl and be done with it. The Ram fans in the Dmetro and FortCo area will pretty much lose all interest as the game is the only thing that tethers half of them to the program anyway.

Let me get this straight, if we stop playing CSU then somehow their fans will stop picking on us and recruiting will improve? Sounds so simple, why didn't we think of this year's ago???

Or we could just beat them like we should do when their fans trash us they just look stupid.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...tball-ticket-sales-rocky-mountain-showdown-vs

Looks like CSU is actually going to sell less tickets this year than last, although I bet they get more than 2012. As for CU, Rick George's effort to bury this game appears to be bearing fruit as CU is on track to sell the least amount of tickets ever.

:thumbsup:

I have never seen less emphasis for CSU in season ticket and single game ticket promotions than I have witnessed this year. They didn't even mention a parking pass to me at Mile High until I asked about it and they told me they were sending me one instead of making me pay extra for it. The "Rocky Mountain Showdown at Mile High at Sports Authority Field presented by Denver Sports" is dead, it's just that everyone may not realize it yet.

Stop the presses, there is a fair to midland line for RMS tickets in FoCo today:

[tweet]503984543167414273[/tweet]

Can you narrow that down a bit?

1175557_10101737989646713_1063960709_n.jpg

Stop the presses, there is a fair to midland line for RMS tickets in FoCo today:

A whopping roughly 20 people (not counting those clearly just passing by) at the peak hour and they call that a run on tickets?

Maybe they are buying tickets for the home volleyball opening tournament that starts Friday afternoon.

Ramnation claiming that they've moved over 30k tickets.,... which seems unlikely. Supposed sales to students at an incredible rate (don't they get this game for free??)

Ramnation claiming that they've moved over 30k tickets.,... which seems unlikely. Supposed sales to students at an incredible rate (don't they get this game for free??)

If they actually make it to 30k, then this game will be one of the best attended in years.

Not if it's an away game for CSU, as it is this year.

I figured to see more rams talking **** over here, what gives? I don't give a **** about csu so I have no reason to go over there. Besides it's a ****ty website as I understand it.

I figured to see more rams talking **** over here, what gives? I don't give a **** about csu so I have no reason to go over there. Besides it's a ****ty website as I understand it.
F the buffs!

But really I'm not here to talk ****, just to discuss the game. I'll be back on Saturday for some post-game discussion, win or lose.

I was kind of pissed talking to a rammie coworker. He said he's on the first level, 40 yard line, 15th row. I asked him how much he paid. He said "$55." I'm a frigging season ticket holder and if I hadn't upgraded, I'd be on the goal line in Level 5. I think, with the upgrade, what is it, $85 or something. :sad2:

I was kind of pissed talking to a rammie coworker. He said he's on the first level, 40 yard line, 15th row. I asked him how much he paid. He said "$55." I'm a frigging season ticket holder and if I hadn't upgraded, I'd be on the goal line in Level 5. I think, with the upgrade, what is it, $85 or something. :sad2:

That's the funny thing about the stories about the ticket sales comparisons between the two schools.

1. CU students have to buy their tickets in addition to the student fees they pay. CSU students don't.
2. CU fans are charged twice as much for tickets than CSU fans for the same event.

It's really telling that CU brings more fans when you consider this. And we're pretty much all willing to pay double in order to avoid sitting with CSU fans.

I don't believe him, or at least that isn't the face value of the ticket. I'm a CSU season ticket holder and Ram Club member so my RMS ticket is included. However, I needed to purchase extra tickets for friends. Lower level between the 10s is $85, $65 for the corners.

That's the funny thing about the stories about the ticket sales comparisons between the two schools.

1. CU students have to buy their tickets in addition to the student fees they pay. CSU students don't.
2. CU fans are charged twice as much for tickets than CSU fans for the same event.

It's really telling that CU brings more fans when you consider this. And we're pretty much all willing to pay double in order to avoid sitting with CSU fans.

Could you imagine how many tickets CU would sell if we gave them away at $25?
I had a friend asking how much tickets were for the game and let him know that it was 55 to get upper deck on the CU side or $25 for the CSU side - and he said, "well... that 30 bucks seems worth it."

CSU students have to buy tickets to this game, as already stated. There are no free tickets for CSU students when CU is designated as the home team. Yes, CSU is charging less for tickets, especially in the upper deck. Yes, CU has a greater season ticket holder base and is a larger attraction. It's been that way forever.

Back