What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RMS ticket sales

Back to fan bases and game day experiences. I will be the first to admin that as a student I was a giant asshole to CU fans, and really, most opposing fans regardless of team. That was a mistake. I was young and stupid.

Did you throw a piece of pizza at me in 2002? Because that CSU student was definitely an asshole. For some reason, someone thought it was a good idea to put the CU and CSU student sections right next to each other that year. It was not.

Did you throw a piece of pizza at me in 2002? Because that CSU student was definitely an asshole. For some reason, someone thought it was a good idea to put the CU and CSU student sections right next to each other that year. It was not.
Makes for good TV.

Ha, no. What a waste of pizza!

Most CSU fans are just normal people, just like CU fans. I think both fan bases antagonize each other. Both fan bases assume the worst about each other. Both fan bases have legitimate assholes. In truth, the is the most respect I've ever seen given to the CSU team. I understand the majority of that comes from the fact that most CU fans seem to know their team isn't good, but that level of self-awareness hasn't been a part of this game from either side.

Is it just me or is the drunkfest experienced walking through the parking lot much worse at this game than any other? Perhaps its because it's 2x the students of a normal home game.

As a CSU fan I don't exactly like the game in Denver. I do like how, if both teams are good/somewhat relevant, greater fan attendance can be accommodated. That's cool. I also think the game is more family friendly in Denver, as if it's remotely family friendly at all. As an opposing fan, attending this game in Boulder or Fort Collins would not get you treated better. I went to all but the last Showdown held in Boulder (when CSU finally won, ugh). By the last one I was tired of dealing with CU fans so I stayed home. This is not criticism of your fan base, CSU fans would be equally bad if the game were in Fort Collins. I've been to all the games in Denver since 2000. I like attending CSU games so the fact that it's in Denver makes it a little easier and more comfortable.

CSU had a 10K allotment of student tickets for this game which were sold for $25 (not free). After selling out CSU has continued to allow students to buy tickets for $25. It looks like CSU should have a solid crowd, for once.

Back to fan bases and game day experiences. I will be the first to admin that as a student I was a giant asshole to CU fans, and really, most opposing fans regardless of team. That was a mistake. I was young and stupid. I assume most on this board are beyond that phase too, if you ever were in it to begin with. Let's make sure to to our part on Saturday, share a beer with opposing fans walking past, and wish them good game.

Are you sure they are not free? I know they weren't last year because it was technically a CU home game but this year I thought it changed back.

Is it just me or is the drunkfest experienced walking through the parking lot much worse at this game than any other? Perhaps its because it's 2x the students of a normal home game.

It's not just you. My 75 year old dad was sitting in the passenger seat of his friend's SUV (the friend's daughter is a CSU student) and since my dad had a CU hat on, some CSU kid keyed the car as they drove by. I've seen CU students chuck beer cans at CSU fans as they walk by... it goes both ways. And it is ugly....

My (now) husband and I went to the game in 2010 together - and the amount of vitriol we heard on the light rail heading down was ridiculous and almost scary.

I really, really hate this game.

Sorry, that last line of his was way over the top.

Hey Hkylw21....I assume your tongue planted firmly in cheek.
The 'last line of his' was....
"Let's make sure to to our part on Saturday, share a beer with opposing fans walking past, and wish them good game."

I'm sure the team will understand when CSU fans outnumber buff fans. They'll understand the support from afar.
I know they'll appreciate my support from afar. I know this, because last week after the game I saw Michael Adkins on the field and he said, "be sure to tell Superfan Burrito Palazzo that we appreciate his support from afar!"

I know they'll appreciate my support from afar. I know this, because last week after the game I saw Michael Adkins on the field and he said, "be sure to tell Superfan Burrito Palazzo that we appreciate his support from afar!"
Hey, I had live faces use my tix to ensure that support happened. Don't get defensive with me. Btw, you're welcome.

Hey, I had live faces use my tix to ensure that support happened. Don't get defensive with me. Btw, you're welcome.
Thanks for the tickets!

I paid my money back to the AD. I'm a far more supery-superfan.

Also, The only CSU games I've ever attended this century are 2009, 2012 and 2014. Let that sink in. And you're welcome for missing this one.

ehhh, believe it when I see it. The barely any seats on CSU side is normal since they have 3 total season ticket holders. CU season ticket holders (even the 2/3 that bought this game) always sell theirs.

Realistically, that's still more than twice the amount of season ticket holders with tickets to sell to this game.

ehhh, believe it when I see it. The barely any seats on CSU side is normal since they have 3 total season ticket holders. CU season ticket holders (even the 2/3 that bought this game) always sell theirs.

Realistically, that's still more than twice the amount of season ticket holders with tickets to sell to this game.
I don't quite follow - there are 4 sections on the CSU side not sold out, and 17 on the CU side not sold out. If CSU had more tickets available to the public (due to having so few season ticket holders), I would think that would be inversed, unless every single radio station etc. giveaway bought those giveaway tickets on the CSU side

Explain it to me like I went to CSU :X3:

I don't quite follow - there are 4 sections on the CSU side not sold out, and 17 on the CU side not sold out. If CSU had more tickets available to the public (due to having so few season ticket holders), I would think that would be inversed, unless every single radio station etc. giveaway bought those giveaway tickets on the CSU side

Explain it to me like I went to CSU :X3:

CU season ticket holders are supplying the resale market, because there are more CU season ticket holders.
CSU cannot supply the resale market because there aren't very many season ticket holders.

Stubhub is only resale. Check the school websites for what they have left of their allotments.

From the goat website
upload_2015-9-17_11-50-36.png

From our website
upload_2015-9-17_11-51-55.png

You can tell from CSewe, that CU had a much larger share of the allotment because we 1) historically sell more tickets 2) have a much larger season ticket base.

CU season ticket holders are supplying the resale market, because there are more CU season ticket holders.
CSU cannot supply the resale market because there aren't very many season ticket holders.

Stubhub is only resale. Check the school websites for what they have left of their allotments.

From the goat website
View attachment 17539

From our website
View attachment 17540

You can tell from CSewe, that CU had a much larger share of the allotment because we 1) historically sell more tickets 2) have a much larger season ticket base.
Thanks. Today I learned that StubHub is for resale only, not akin to TicketMaster.

It's not just you. My 75 year old dad was sitting in the passenger seat of his friend's SUV (the friend's daughter is a CSU student) and since my dad had a CU hat on, some CSU kid keyed the car as they drove by. I've seen CU students chuck beer cans at CSU fans as they walk by... it goes both ways. And it is ugly....

My (now) husband and I went to the game in 2010 together - and the amount of vitriol we heard on the light rail heading down was ridiculous and almost scary.

I really, really hate this game.

It's the ****tiest atmosphere of any game or rivalry I've witnessed. I've been to a decent amount of other rivalry games and CU/CSU is by far the most toxic. Second biggest douchebags I've experienced as a Buff was at K-State.

It's the ****tiest atmosphere of any game or rivalry I've witnessed. I've been to a decent amount of other rivalry games and CU/CSU is by far the most toxic. Second biggest douchebags I've experienced as a Buff was at K-State.
Exactly. I not only hate the game as a fan of the Buffs because of the numerous reasons that have been stated over the years (annual neutral site game with a MW foe). I have also endured enough games down there (2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012) and just can't bring myself to put up with more garbage from CSU fans (I know it goes both ways). Would definitely be going to the game on campus.

I despise Mile High as a venue for this game, that went for the old barn too. Lammie fans are insufferable, for what reason I have no idea. I would not go to the game even if I was given club seats.

Back