1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roaming toward Buffaloes

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]
    Roaming toward Buffaloes
    By Barry Faulkner
    Updated: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:45 PM PDT

For Matt Burgner and Shaun Mohler, the huddle was a symbol as much as a ritual, a metaphor for the bond that abolished the polarity of their existence off the football field.

Matt was a straight-A student from the postcard family who wanted for little.

Shaun was a learning-disabled, so-called slacker whose ample daily doses of love came from a divorced mother struggling to make ends meet.

But their allied passion for the game was hardly limited to the fall practices and games they shared from grade school through Corona del Mar High, where both became Orange County All-Stars with All-CIF Southern Section credentials.

http://www.dailypilot.com/articles/2008/08/20/sports/cdm/dpt-spbuffspair082008.txt

2. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

What a cool story they have. Here's to Matt and Shawn having a stellar career at good old CU.

3. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Excellent story ...

Remember the concern all summer about whether Mohler, who needed, what, 22 credits to graduate, would ever play in a CU uniform? Perhaps knowing his HS buddy was in Boulder waiting for him got him through all those classes.

One more reason to get excited about this season! :thumbsup:

4. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I wish both of those young men the best of luck.

Go Buffs!

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I don't know what Burgner's future with the Buffs will turn out to be. But, I can guarantee that a player like him will run through a brick wall to help this team. I wish them both all of the succes in the world here at Colorado.