What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roberson: #4 pick in 2013 draft?

these are the same guys that were way out in front on Burks being a lottery pick.

Is he a CU fan?

I'm not a huge fan of NBADraft.net (DraftExpress is by FAR the better site IMO), that's a huge honor for Roberson even to be in the discussion.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm just really pessimistic on Roberson. I think he's a solid starter right now with some great potential, but I kind of pictured his ceiling being a first round pick. Never thought lottery.

If brown can go next year and dre in 2014 ( not 2013) move over duke a new nba pipeline has arrived

I'm not a huge fan of NBADraft.net (DraftExpress is by FAR the better site IMO), that's a huge honor for Roberson even to be in the discussion.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm just really pessimistic on Roberson. I think he's a solid starter right now with some great potential, but I kind of pictured his ceiling being a first round pick. Never thought lottery.

I agree man. Not only that, I think Andre's ceiling is a 2nd rounder, which is still pretty damn good. He needs to show a lot more in order to be 1st rounder, needless to say lottery.

This mock draft is idiotic. It doesn't even have Drummond on here, and I think he'll be number 1. Bazz goes top five, but Drummond has NBA guys drooling. I doubt Rivers stays more than one year at Duke, and he could go before Bazz. I understand that they're projecting a few years into the future, which is hard to do, but this mock draft is dumb. Props to Roberson for even getting himself into draft scenarios, but stay humble - you have work to put in first.

But yes, as others have said - will the NBA have reached an agreement with the players by then??

They also have him listed as a 2012 sleeper. He'd have to have a HUUUUUGGE year to even think about leaving after his sophomore year.

Athletic tweeners who can jump through the roof and run the court almost always make unexpected boosts in draft status because teams feel they can teach skills. I'm not really surprised that people think Roberson's potential would be appealing to NBA scouts.

He has to work on his handles first and foremost. Bigger and stronger defenders won't let him coast by them for easy dunks and his athleticism will mean much less in the NBA. If he can add a jumpshot as well, there's a very strong argument for him to go in the top 5. Obviously now it sounds kind of funny for him to be considered a lottery pick, but the same could have been said for Anthony Randolph and Tyrus Thomas.

Last edited:
I've been quietly concerned that 'Dre might be too good to stay in college much longer. His athleticism, if paired with improvement on the offensive side of the ball will make him crazy attractive to NBA scouts. His motor and nose for the ball are great attributes that not all wing players can boast. Maybe not top-5 pick material, but I'm not all too surprised that lottery-level is being discussed.

The 2012 draft is probably out of the question, however. The 2011 back-log that avoided the lock-out mess will make that a tough nut to crack.

Unrelated: At what point does some cabal of rich people try to form a new league if Stern and the NBA keep dragging their feet on negotiations?

Back