What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown Ticket Sales

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20130813/SPORTS0201/308130046/rms-tickets

what a strange, horribly written article

Season ticket sales for both schools also count toward Rocky Mountain Showdown numbers. According to respective athletic departments, CU has sold around 17,500 season tickets and CSU 5,000, which means when it comes to buying an individual seat for the rivalry game alone, Rams fans have purchased around 1,000 more than the Buffaloes.

I do find it rather comical to find this out if you want to purchase csu season tickets.

http://www.csurams.com/tickets/seasontickets.html

"Receive the Cinch Jeans Rocky Mountain Showdown game at no additional charge when purchasing season tickets!"

:lol: this game needs to be killed by fire... :devil:

Wait - is the Coloradoan trying to twist the fact that CSU has sold less overall tickets into a positive?

****ing A this game is such ****ing god damn awful ****.

That's one way to state the math. Another is to say CU has sold about 2x the number of tickets.

Both schools have deals for $25 upper deck tickets. Hardly seems worth the rent.

Wait, so how much tickets have they actually "sold?" The 1k single game and that's it?

So in other words further evidence that

Buffs fans do not want this game

When you have the team that normally sells less than half as many tickets per game selling twice as many for this game it tells you which fans consider the game important and worth seeing. Just another point in the evidence that it is time to kill this stupid thing and move on to something much more productive.

By the way intersting that they are offering deals in the upper deck. From the numbers so far it looks like there aren't going to be close to enough people to fill the lower levels. Going to give a great impression of Colorado college football to see two teams playing in an empty stadium on TV.

so in other words further evidence that

buffs fans do not want this game in Denver or Ft. Collins

when you have the team that normally sells less than half as many tickets per game selling twice as many for this game it tells you which fans consider the game important and worth seeing. Just another point in the evidence that it is time to kill this stupid thing and move on to something much more productive.

By the way intersting that they are offering deals in the upper deck. From the numbers so far it looks like there aren't going to be close to enough people to fill the lower levels. Going to give a great impression of colorado college football to see two teams playing in an empty stadium on tv.
fify

To be fair, I believe CSU fans have reason to be opimsitic about their team this year. The Rams are playing in what appears to be not such a strong division in the MWC playing UNM, Wyoming, AFA, Utah State, and BSU. It's possible CSU could win all of those games except for BSU. MacIntyre's old team visits Ft. Collins and Nevada as well. The lone road game against the Pacific is at Hawaii. There's no dobut CU could have a winning record with CSU's schedule.

If CU wins, the RMS might be the only game that those 1,000 CSU fans are going to this season.

Wait - CSU has only sold 5,000 season tickets this year?

And they think they're getting a BCS invite?

:rofl:

Colorado 55
sheep 10

i say this every year. i don't care if we are crippled, young, or blind. the sheep must be slain with extreme violence.

To be fair, I believe CSU fans have reason to be opimsitic about their team this year. The Rams are playing in what appears to be not such a strong division in the MWC playing UNM, Wyoming, AFA, Utah State, and BSU. It's possible CSU could win all of those games except for BSU. MacIntyre's old team visits Ft. Collins and Nevada as well. The lone road game against the Pacific is at Hawaii. There's no dobut CU could have a winning record with CSU's schedule.

If CU wins, the RMS might be the only game that those 1,000 CSU fans are going to this season.

I'll come out and say it. I root for both CU and CSU. It has gotten hard with the fan bases acting so ****ing dumb over a game that has no consequences outside of the two schools. I disagree with you that they have a good chance to win those games. Not only will they lose to BSU but also AFA and Utah State. Wyoming is a toss up and UNM sucks but they almost beat CSU last year with a worse team. I could see them going 0-5 a lot more easier that 4-1.

I didn't see anything out of CSU last year that makes me think they are going to be better. Their recruiting has been pretty poor as well.

I guess the ray of light that I see for them is the fact that they're getting some JUCOs in there.

Trooth. Sucks when the most successful team in the state over the past decade is the Rapids :/

Rockies had their moments, too, but every team is pretty much full of disappointment.

I used to root for CSU.

I don't now. Their "fanbase" just pisses me off too bad, even if it's for one game a year (two, if you include MBB).

The Van Pelt spike in the zone in '02 is something I'll never forget. Ever since then CSU has acted like they're our equals. F****** F*** CSU.

Easy remedy for this. Beat their ass every year and eventually they won't want to play. It should be a nice warmup for us every year and it shold be in Boulder. Until we get back to rolling these guys up every year consistentily, we don't have room to complain.

Close. Further evidence that

THIS IS THE RAM'S SUPERBOWL AND A LACKLUSTER GAME ON THE SCHEDULE TO THE BUFFS.

Exactly. What they just managed to prove is that Buff fans buy tickets to the full season. They care about more than just the showdown. CSEwe fans don't buy season tickets, they buy tickets to the CU game, then disappear. That is why they can't get anybody to show up at Whose Stadium, not because of the location. Their fans JUST DON'T CARE about anything other than the CU game. And frankly, there aren't that many of them even showing up for that game, compared to the number of alums they have in the area.

Exactly. What they just managed to prove is that Buff fans buy tickets to the full season. They care about more than just the showdown. CSEwe fans don't buy season tickets, they buy tickets to the CU game, then disappear. That is why they can't get anybody to show up at Whose Stadium, not because of the location. Their fans JUST DON'T CARE about anything other than the CU game. And frankly, there aren't that many of them even showing up for that game, compared to the number of alums they have in the area.
If the majority of CSewe fans don't care and a majority of CU fans don't care , then why are we play playing the fricking game????

The whole thing is just toxic. Does it help football in the state? Certainly the Denver atmosphere doesn't, it gives college football a bad name. Just support the Buffs and get this over with and then take a hiatus from this series. It needs a rest.

West Virginia just got done playing Marshall after 7 straight years of facing Marshall from 2006-2012 (the closest comparison in state dynamics that exists to Colorado and CSU). 5 years in Morgantown, 2 in Huntington. Now they won't be playing them for a long, long time. At least a decade.

Last edited:
The whole thing is just toxic. Does it help football in the state? Certainly the Denver atmosphere doesn't, it gives college football a bad name. Just support the Buffs and get this over with and then take a hiatus from this series. It needs a rest.

West Virginia just got done playing Marshall after 7 straight years of facing Marshall from 2006-2012 (the closest comparison in state dynamics that exists to Colorado and CSU). 5 years in Morgantown, 2 in Huntington. Now they won't be playing them for a long, long time. At least a decade.
Battle for the Rag - LSU v Tulane. 2 in BR, 1 in New Orleans.
Longest win streak LSU, 18 (1983-present)
Current win streak LSU, 18
This is what our win streak should be like before we really start bitching

Battle for the Rag - LSU v Tulane. 2 in BR, 1 in New Orleans.
Longest win streak LSU, 18 (1983-present)
Current win streak LSU, 18
This is what our win streak should be like before we really start bitching

Overall series on that is pretty similar, LSU leads 69-22-7. LSU had the sense to stop playing them every season in 1994 and have seen them periodically sense. That's what I'd like to be doing with CSU, taking a hiatus. **** every year against CSU. It's just toxic. Nothing along the lines of the " U of ______ vs ______ State" that exists throughout CFB where there's a degree of grudging mutual respect, despite the heated rivalry.

Aside from a Bartolo-led sheep team winning in Boulder in 1985, this series didn't really become annoying until they moved it to Denver in the late 90's. Granted, the series has been close to even in the games played in Denver certainly brings out the worst in csu fans. Furthermore, this is just another example of a college game played in an NFL stadium having a lifeless and sterile atmosphere.

CU: Pre-sold permits are now sold out. Cash parking will be available the day of the game.
CSU: Lots J & G, ADA permits in Lot G

I just read this on the Sports Authority website and couldn't help but wonder how csewe would try to spin it.

Back