What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Seto, a couple of articles...

We're setting ourselves up. I'm done talking about Seto. I've made no secret about how high I am on him. Just can't keep going there.
I get the feeling we are standing on the front step waiting for the guy in the limo to pick us up for prom (ala Drew Barrymore in 'Never Been Kissed'). Probably going to get egg on our faces, but here we are. Standing. Waiting. Hoping for Seto.

Ian Rappaport just said the new DC in Seattle will be Kris Richard the current DB coach, so maybe Seto is pissed he did not get the DC job
My hope is that when you are competing with a guy on the same team for a job, and he wins, that the town (team) isn't big enough for both of you snd you need to find a new home. Kind of the thought of "Will Kris Richard want to keep a competitor for his job standing in line behind him"?

My hope is that when you are competing with a guy on the same team for a job, and he wins, that the town (team) isn't big enough for both of you snd you need to find a new home. Kind of the thought of "Will Kris Richard want to keep a competitor for his job standing in line behind him"?

I know what you mean, but I honestly don't know if Seto is even in the conversation for DC in Seattle. Kris Richard is their DBs coach right now and is reportedly the next DC there and Ken Norton Jr. has been LBs coach under Carroll for years, dating back to USC, and he even held the title of Assistant Head Coach at USC in 2009. Seto, while being an integral part of the staff and knowing his **** about defense, isn't even a position coach, and never has been at the NFL level.

I know what you mean, but I honestly don't know if Seto is even in the conversation for DC in Seattle. Kris Richard is their DBs coach right now and is reportedly the next DC there and Ken Norton Jr. has been LBs coach under Carroll for years, dating back to USC, and he even held the title of Assistant Head Coach at USC in 2009. Seto, while being an integral part of the staff and knowing his **** about defense, isn't even a position coach, and never has been at the NFL level.

True and we also don't even know if he was been in the conversation for CU. The Seto discussions began just because some fellow fans suggested that he would be a good match. Nothing wrong with that but many here thought it meant he was a candidate. Who knows? maybe we never even called him.

Honestly, that article I posted about Rocky Seto and his title as "Passing Game Coordinator", gave a lot of insight about what his duties and responsibilities currently are with the Seahawks. He's never even been a position coach in the NFL (Co-DBs coach is the highest he's been). He was never going to be next in line for Seattle's DC and probably not even the 3rd man up. I would bet that, if he stays with Seattle, he'll become the full time secondary coach, replacing Richard. Would an offer to be a DC at a Pac 12 school be enough to pry him away from a position coach in the NFL? Time will tell but I think Seto is as good a bet as anyone, right now, to be our guy.

Hell just one more way for Mac to sell him. Mac went from DB coach in the league to college DC to college HC. That path worked for him and it could work for Seto... (please!!!)

Hell just one more way for Mac to sell him. Mac went from DB coach in the league to college DC to college HC. That path worked for him and it could work for Seto... (please!!!)
Besides the BIG paycheck, look where it got him, coaches death door at CU. After here it's all down hill acording to another thread. MM might want to keep that path in his pocket?

Besides the BIG paycheck, look where it got him, coaches death door at CU. After here it's all down hill acording to another thread. MM might want to keep that path in his pocket?

If mac can convince Seto that turning around a team that gave up close to 40 a game to a team in the 20's, he could ride that into a HC job with his prior success under Carroll.

Back