1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky Seto For HC?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffInDC, Oct 5, 2009.

1. BuffInDC

BuffInDC New Member

Just got an email from one of my buddies, he wanted to get in on the HC speculation.

I just watched the "More Than Conquerors" story on this guy and I'm extremely impressed. Hes really coached up that USC defense but hes been the position coach that developed a lot of USC's defensive stars that have gone on to the NFL. I dont think we could go wrong with this guy in terms of getting a highly motivated assistant to change this program around.

Heres the 4 part story:
    [video=youtube;grtL6EC5CgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtL6EC5CgA[/video]
    [video=youtube;khxNtDMs8uM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxNtDMs8uM&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;dU1T-L3MvlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1T-L3MvlM&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;CgLFYjLQgqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgLFYjLQgqw&feature=related[/video]

You wont be upset watching those videos, I think this guy should be at the top of the list for our program when we replace Hawk.

2. BuffInDC

BuffInDC New Member

Wow lets not sleep on Rocky.

3. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

Rocky played with Moschetti at Mt. Sac...they still stay in contact.

He was lucky enough to walk on at USC and he had the balls to tap PC on the shoulder at a BB game and say..."I would like to be your Grad Assistant"...and that's how he got where he is today.

Too bad CU/Hawkins doesn't call on the former players to help out and utilize the coaching talent that is out there among CU alum football players.

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Really? Brad Bedell, Hagan, Cabral.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I am personally not sold on his philosophy, and this was more of a religious piece than anything else. He must get results on the field, though, to be where he is, and his defensive bent makes him attractive for a HC. But after looking at his wiki page, it seems as though his personal ties keep him in Southern California. He's turned down an NFL secondary job as well as DC to follow Sarkisian to Washington, before he was made DC at USC.

6. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

No way. He is glorified because it is USC. While they really do have some great coaches and recruiters (see Ken Norton, Jr.) this guy is the position coach for Pete Carroll's self-admitted favorite position. Everyone knows that Carroll is really the Defensive Coordinator at USC, and he is a long-time secondary coach as well. Seto is riding the coat-tails on this one. He fits perfect where he is at, let him stay there.

7. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He seems like a nice guy and maybe down the road he'd be a good hire, but like a few have said I don't think he's the key to USC's success at all.

8. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Add Sikes to that list

9. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

Cabral has been there forever....GB brought Hagan in (primarily as a recruiter) and Brad is still a student assistant as far as I know. He might have a shot once he graduates.