1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rodney be ballin"

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by shang, Jun 23, 2012.

1. shang

shang Member

I know the consensus is that Rodney is a helluva recruiter... and I don't doubt that.... but just wanna say he's still got serious court skills... in the pro-am league he's playing in, he launched 32 pts a couple of weeks ago and then chen followed up w/ 39 pts last week.... pretty fun...

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Why did we never recruit him? I remember watching him at DU and he was pretty good

3. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I believe we didnt have a place for him at the time. From what I remember, Patton was somewhat upset at the fact he couldnt bring him on, but obviously not upset enough to find him a spot

4. PuebloBuff

PuebloBuff Club Member Club Member

I saw him play twice — once at George and once at DU. I think he didn't play at a higher level because he didn't have the outside shot to keep defenses honest. Again, my opinion. Great defender and ballhandler, though.

5. shang

shang Member

i would have to agree seeing him back at DU, but I tell you what, he's got an outside shot now!

6. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

I played against him in high school and he was a great, but not elite player. Frankly, he didn't really even stand out on his AAU team. He averaged 10 points a game at DU his senior year. Maybe a role player at CU, but he wouldn't have been a game changer IMO.

7. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

This. He's a couple years older than I am, he was a very good player but never a force in high school. A good player, but couldn't take over games. DU was the right place and right level for him.