What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roll Call: ASU - Oct. 11, 2012

In. Band tailgate is canceled because people are lame, so I'm planning on stopping by Sackygate. Should I bring anything to enhance the festivities?

In.

No way we'll be able to get a sitter and it's too late for the little dude, so I'll have 2 tickets available.

OK, here are the assignments. We've been blessed with a lot of booze over the last few tailgates, so I don't think we need anymore. HOWEVER, if you have something you like, feel free to bring it. Also, as we're getting into Jambalaya season, I'm asking less for food donations and more for a little something, you know, for the effort, to offset the cost of the jambalaya ingredients. So your assignments won't be anything too expensive or difficult...

El Gringo - beer
Huge Groove - sliced french bread
BCS - Tortillas (two packages, for the freeks who want to make jambalaya burritos)
Tempe Buff - I'm not sure if he actually is coming to this, but he did respond, so... Beer.
Brad - Chips & Dip
ITB - Desserts
Dio - Chips & Dip
Montana - beer
Rumblin - sliced french bread
Superior - desserts
Buff Herd - sliced french bread
Nik - Cholula & a medium sized tub of butter.
jgisland - sliced french bread.

So you may be asking - Why sliced french bread? Well, I'll tell you - because it goes great with jambalaya. Any of the people who are assigned french bread can just bring one bag. But here's the thing - it has to be sliced. Otherwise, it's a pain in the ass to tear apart. Also - bring a small tub of butter if you're so inclined.

I will be setting up the monster jambalaya pot at 3:00 PM tomorrow. It takes about an hour for the jambalaya to cook, so food *should* be ready at around 4:00 PM. Keep in mind that this is only the second time I've used this thing, and I'm still working out a few kinks. The recipe I have will feed 40+ people, and I didn't see rugged anywhere on the RSVP list, so we may have some extra.

See you tomorrow!

btw, I'm comin, but it's gonna be a rough race against job related duties.

OK. You know how these things work. Just bring something that sounds good. It's looking like a really nice evening tomorrow. Cool, but not cold. Gonna be a fantastic tailgate.

I might be there, and I will likely roll up alone as everybody has bailed on the game (GABF, work, the Buffs suck, etc) and if so will have an extra ticket. Also, I'll be walking over after work and it will be tough to bring anything so would anybody object to me just tossing some scratch to Sacky? I haven't been to the 'gate since the Arizona game last year and am hopeful I can make it.

Sorry, I'll be there. Probably a little after 4:30. What do you want me to bring?

I'm bringing beer (and the french bread). Hope to get there around 5:30. Still on that same corner spot at Farrand?

Last edited:
Crazy good Jambalaya. The only thing approaching good, in fact. ****.

Thanks, Sacky.

The Jumbliya was fantastic! We now have new concrete to hold the tailgate on now provided by CU. Hope all of you who were watching the game last night were able to see the AllBuffs tailgate filmed by ESPN. Another great turn out for Sackygate! I think I counted close to 40.
lunapic_135001256137716_2.jpglunapic_135001256137716_1.jpglunapic_135001256137716_3.jpglunapic_135001256137716_5.jpglunapic_135001256137716_6.jpglunapic_135001256137716_4.jpg

Last edited:
I notice you guys aren't on the grass, did you set up there and then move when the cops hassled you?

The installed an additional 10ft of concrete where the the grass used to be, giving us a big ole sidewalk area to tailgate on.

Back