What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roll call - CU/UU Saturday Dec 31.

We have forced three or four near shot clock violations. We have not allowed them to shoot at all. The secret is out, we can't play against the zone. Fricken ridiculous.

continuing to settle for the 3 instead of penetrating the zone, 15 3's in the first half, CU average 15 3's a game this year. this isn't going to work against most teams not named Utah.

continuing to settle for the 3 instead of penetrating the zone, 15 3's in the first half, CU average 15 3's a game this year. this isn't going to work against most teams not named Utah.
You mean other teams won't leave the mayor wide open for four three's?

Might be a frustrating year but Tad can coach. Buffs up by 30 and still diving on the floor after lose balls and working hard on defense.

I know Utah sucks and is in full rebuild mode but it feels awesome that we are drilling them. Maybe its all the football blowouts that I have watched.

I know Utah sucks and is in full rebuild mode but it feels awesome that we are drilling them. Maybe its all the football blowouts that I have watched.

What is even better is how CU has played in the 2nd half, the first half was ugly except for Dinwiddie, 2nd half ball movement is better, rebounding is better and shot selection is better.

What is even better is how CU has played in the 2nd half, the first half was ugly except for Dinwiddie, 2nd half ball movement is better, rebounding is better and shot selection is better.

Also looks like after CU hit a couple of threes to start the second half Utah's players pretty much just gave up. You can tell they just want the game to be over.

CU must have changed it's policy. In previous seasons, the men's games were blacked out, but I could watch the women's games from Iowa on Dish. So far this season, I've gotten all the men's games.

CU must have changed it's policy. In previous seasons, the men's games were blacked out, but I could watch the women's games from Iowa on Dish. So far this season, I've gotten all the men's games.

It was the Big 12 policy to black those games out I believe in conference

Another great reason why its nice we are in the Pac 12

Roberson just doing what he does tonight, 17 and 17.

A couple quick thoughts:
I know Eckloff only gets in during garbage time, but he always looks fundamentally sound and he can actually catch the ball, why doesn't he get some of the mins Simba gets?
Booker really shot the ball well tonight
Dinwiddie, Dinwiddie, Dinwiddie oh how i love thee Dinwiddie. Wow is he good and continually getting better.
CU against the zone in the first half was terrible against a terrible team. 2nd half the lights came on, everything was better, shot selection, penetration, ball movement. They are going to see a lot of zone this year, the solid shooting and good ball movement tonight give me a little hope.
I wish Cain would have got to run with the "first team" a little bit tonight.

Utah is terrible, but at least CU blew them out.

God Utah is terrible. Congrats to Beau Webb on being one of our most efficient three point shooter.:thumbsup:

4b2008ca-b7fb-cc2d.jpg

Utah was going to sit and play a zone until CU could start hitting from the outside. Once we hit 2-3 of those 3's, Utah just gave up. They knew they couldn't play an effective man defense.

The first half of the first half (first quarter?) was ugly, but I got the sense that CU really pulled it together prior to the half.

Utah was going to sit and play a zone until CU could start hitting from the outside. Once we hit 2-3 of those 3's, Utah just gave up. They knew they couldn't play an effective man defense.

The first half of the first half (first quarter?) was ugly, but I got the sense that CU really pulled it together prior to the half.
Or Utah just continued deeper into their free fall.

Oh, without a doubt, Utah is flat out horrible. I guess it's good that their football team is still halfway decent, because that basketball team is an embarassment to the conference. And this conference sucks at basketball.

Can we move back to the B12? Sorry, just kidding...(sort of....).

Nice win for the Buffs. Another night at the office for the Mayor with 19 pts, and Andre was a beast with 17pts 17 boards. Ski added 14 as well. Only 10 points for Carlon, still just not quite giving us what we hoped for. No points again for Tomlinson, but hey didn't turn the ball over so that's a start. I knew Utah was this horrendous heading into the game, but tonight officially confirmed to me that there is no chance we are going to lose on the road to the Utes, either.

Next up: Washington. Given how inconsistent the Huskies are, the Buffs have a better shot in this one than many would think. Let's get this!

Go Buffs

Sloppy first half but CU dominated, dinwiddie and roberson were great. Utah is awful. Beat them huskies!

CU shouldn't be scared of any of the teams on the schedule. None of them. They ought to feel like they can win every last one of the games. Of course they won't, but this isn't like the Big 12, where you had to chalk up the games in Columbia and Lawrence as losses every year, and probably games in Austin, Manhattan, and Stillwater, too. Every single team in the Pac 12 is beatable - at home and on the road.

Back