What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roll Call - Sacramento State.

I think they said it was for the entire season, but I doubt they bug us again

Yeah. Last year they hassled us 1 time with this and then let it go the rest of the year. It's silly. Moving us from the grass to the pavement doesn't accomplish anything and the cops knew it. It's some bull**** political thing about the perception of drinking beers on the actual freshman dorm property.

P.S. Thanks, sacky. The brisket was a great add. There was actually too many different meats for me to hit the entire carnivore buffet, which is damn impressive.

ya. and the brat burgers are allsome. Anybody gotten word from Bohn on what the **** was up with the cops? And if he's gonna stomp on that?

forced us to move our tailgate because we were oh so close to the frosh dorms. Funny part was that they forced us to move closer to an entrance to Libby.

Loved the cops sly smile when Rugged asked him if it was illegal for the freshman to go over to other grassy areas where tents were approved to be. Just freaking classic.

ya. and the brat burgers are allsome. Anybody gotten word from Bohn on what the **** was up with the cops? And if he's gonna stomp on that?

I included it in my angry email to Bohn on Saturday, and he said he would 'forward it on to the CUPD'

I included it in my angry email to Bohn on Saturday, and he said he would 'forward it on to the CUPD'

****ing ridiculous. Tailgating is about the only thing that keeps even the diehards coming every Saturday, and they're doing everything they can to kill it.

****ing ridiculous. Tailgating is about the only thing that keeps even the diehards coming every Saturday, and they're doing everything they can to kill it.

I doubt they get as big of a backlash this year as opposed to last. They only had to move off about 5 groups tailgating on the grass in front of Farrand. Everyone else was left alone.

I doubt they get as big of a backlash this year as opposed to last. They only had to move off about 5 groups tailgating on the grass in front of Farrand. Everyone else was left alone.

Unfortunately, that's not the point. They now know the on-field product sucks, but yet they still fail to make the game day atmosphere better. We get hassled at the tailgate, we get raped (multiple times) going through security, then we get to watch our team lose to Sacramento ****ing State. The epic fail knows no bounds.

Unfortunately, that's not the point. They now know the on-field product sucks, but yet they still fail to make the game day atmosphere better. We get hassled at the tailgate, we get raped (multiple times) going through security, then we get to watch our team lose to Sacramento ****ing State. The epic fail knows no bounds.

Oh - I get that. I think it just shows that that anti-football folks at CU are winning, and they're winning big. They ain't taking their foot off the gas either.

Oh - I get that. I think it just shows that that anti-football folks at CU are winning, and they're winning big. They ain't taking their foot off the gas either.

****ers...

Sigh. I'm just sad Bohn didn't promise to do something about it besides pass it on the CUPD. If you can't protect tailgating, wtf is the point of being AD?

Sacky should probably write a more focused email than I did - mine was more along the lines of 'Why is this happening? I can't take it anymore? We're terrible, and the only reason I come is to tailgate, and you're trying to kill that now as well' type of email

Yep. The one hard lesson learned since 2005 is that the most fun part of gameday is sometimes the 3-4 hours prior to kickoff socializing with like-minded college football fans. Then, more often than not, the football team dishes up a big helping of disappointment.

The best way to kill ticket sales is to clamp down on the one part of the CU game day experience with a low probability of being an utter disappointment.

If you can't celebrate a team victory after the game, the next best thing is to celebrate friendships before kickoff.

Misery loves company.

Yep. The one hard lesson learned since 2005 is that the most fun part of gameday is sometimes the 3-4 hours prior to kickoff socializing with like-minded college football fans. Then, more often than not, the football team dishes up a big helping of disappointment.

The best way to kill ticket sales is to clamp down on the one part of the CU game day experience with a low probability of being an utter disappointment.

If you can't celebrate a team victory after the game, the next best thing is to celebrate friendships before kickoff.

Misery loves company.

Agreed. They should be pumping up the tailgating, not fighting it

Sacky should probably write a more focused email than I did - mine was more along the lines of 'Why is this happening? I can't take it anymore? We're terrible, and the only reason I come is to tailgate, and you're trying to kill that now as well' type of email

What really gets me is the Allbuffs/Sackman tailgate is more than just a tailgate. It is the direct source of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR ****ing season tickets to this **** show. Why do they keep putting the screws to the only people that want to help them???

What really gets me is the Allbuffs/Sackman tailgate is more than just a tailgate. It is the direct source of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR ****ing season tickets to this **** show. Why do they keep putting the screws to the only people that want to help them???

Well, the guy in the tailgate next door is in his 80s I believe, and he is out there every weekend. God only knows how long he has been coming to games. Yes, they moved them off the lawn also.

Well, the guy in the tailgate next door is in his 80s I believe, and he is out there every weekend. God only knows how long he has been coming to games. Yes, they moved them off the lawn also.

You're right not to single out our tailgate as better or worse than any other, which wasn't my intent. Bottom line: if you care enough to show up three-four hours before kick-off, sport your gear, sing the songs, watch the band, etc., you deserve a little respect. You don't deserve to be pissed on repeatedly.

You're right not to single out our tailgate as better or worse than any other, which wasn't my intent. Bottom line: if you care enough to show up three-four hours before kick-off, sport your gear, sing the songs, watch the band, etc., you deserve a little respect. You don't deserve to be pissed on repeatedly.

:nod:

They should have the decency to wait until kickoff to piss us off.

Hey a day or two late but thanks for sackygate, had a good time again. The food was great Tante's taters were great, and the brats and burgers, and the booze saved my day. Nice meeting Exxon (valdez) and seeing MontanaBuff too. Look forward to the next tailgate this has quickly become one thing I look forward to

Last year it was the Boulder Sheriff and the State Liquor board. They told us they had been requested to come onto campus by the CUAD. I missed them this year...we were tailgating on the grass by Duane Physics. Beer was flowing pretty freely over there.

Last year it was the Boulder Sheriff and the State Liquor board. They told us they had been requested to come onto campus by the CUAD. I missed them this year...we were tailgating on the grass by Duane Physics. Beer was flowing pretty freely over there.

This was the CUPD I'm pretty sure - but they were again using the 'state liquor board' crapola

****ing great! Everyone, bring a gas mask to the next Sackygate! dio pissed off the cops! :lol:

Back