What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ron Collins

This **** is better entertainment than anything on the tube! I just blew salsa out my nose. That **** burns!

Go back to watching reruns of the dukes of hazzard and three's company you sausage gazing puto...

You couldn't hold Denver Pyle's jock strap and you could only WISH to be Jack Tripper you mold spore breathing cretin.

(british announcer)

oh...spectacular comeback by dbt with "mold spore breathing cretin"...i thought syko had him with the multi-lingual "sausage gazing puto"...

...one can only hope that syko has an answer...

**** you! Maggot!
Big words for a guy from San Angelo. Put the boos down DBT, damn dog, ur a mean drunk. We all want the team to do well, that goes without saying, there are many reasons people are skeptical. Its put up or shut up time.

Seriously DBT. Those comments from Coach Collins sucked. Really, really sucked. Do you not disagree?

What's fascinating about your responses to these things, is that you're just the opposite where the Rox are concerned. I remember you were trying to pay someone to kill Clint Hurdle a few years ago. You'll hate on any Rox player. Those guys are professionals who deserve public scrutiny. So are coaches.

What's the difference in your opinon?

Mama always said, "Nothing good ever happens after midnight." This thread is one of those things...I prefer concha to puto, though. Just my opinion.

Seriously DBT. Those comments from Coach Collins sucked. Really, really sucked. Do you not disagree?

What's fascinating about your responses to these things, is that you're just the opposite where the Rox are concerned. I remember you were trying to pay someone to kill Clint Hurdle a few years ago. You'll hate on any Rox player. Those guys are professionals who deserve public scrutiny. So are coaches.

What's the difference in your opinon?

OK, first, Syko, I love ya' man! Second, no, I didn't have a problem with his remarks. I think fear of the unknown is a great motivator. When I was in college and preparing for an exam, I prepared with the fear of failure being the biggest motivator. I just think we all are getting a little edgy and looking for reasons to hate the coaching staff.

OK, first, Syko, I love ya' man! Second, no, I didn't have a problem with his remarks. I think fear of the unknown is a great motivator. When I was in college and preparing for an exam, I prepared with the fear of failure being the biggest motivator. I just think we all are getting a little edgy and looking for reasons to hate the coaching staff.

And the part where you hold different standards for The Rox Management and the Buffs Coaching Staff?

I don't hate the coaching staff. I just think that Collins is a very weak link.

And I don't know why you're so sensitive about criticisms over public comments made by coaches. These are well-compensated professionals who are public employees and have media relations as part of their job expectations. But you seem to want to give them immunity.

I don't hate the coaching staff. I just think that Collins is a very weak link.

And I don't know why you're so sensitive about criticisms over public comments made by coaches. These are well-compensated professionals who are public employees and have media relations as part of their job expectations. But you seem to want to give them immunity.

I guess I'm "sensitive" to it because it has been constantly happening since last year. I guess I'm just tired of it. But its cool. Todays a new day. The sun came up in the east. We are pulling our troops out of Iraq. My kids are healthy. My dogs love me. I have a good job. So, when CU kicks the rammies asses, life will be, pretty much, perfect.

I mean, isn't coaching, almost by definition, preparing for the unknown? I just don't get the anger over that. Or is it OK for him to think it but you guys are pissed that he said it in public?

I mean, isn't coaching, almost by definition, preparing for the unknown? I just don't get the anger over that. Or is it OK for him to think it but you guys are pissed that he said it in public?

coaching is trying to kick the other guys ass. and a lot of it is figuring out what the unknown is and adapting to it. I bet Collins fears it so much cause he can't figure it out when it comes.

coaching is trying to kick the other guys ass. and a lot of it is figuring out what the unknown is and adapting to it. I bet Collins fears it so much cause he can't figure it out when it comes.

I think your interpretation of what he said does not agree with what he intended. You guys are so eager to criticize, you are jumping on any little statement that any coach on the team makes and moulding it into something that fits your agenda.

I think your interpretation of what he said does not agree with what he intended. You guys are so eager to criticize, you are jumping on any little statement that any coach on the team makes and moulding it into something that fits your agenda.

My agenda is winning. It is unfortunate that Collins and this coaching staff does not fit into it. I really wish they did.

It just seemed like an overall theme of the interview that Collins is either arrogant, clueless or both.

Did any of the new players in camp surprise you? No.

What concerns you with the opening game? The unknown.

That's pretty weak, DBT. You can say something like, "We were pretty excited about all of the new guys we brought in and they haven't disappointed. They've all got a long way to go, but so far they're picking things up quickly and pushing our veterans." You can say something like, "Opening games are always challenging because you don't have game film to scout with their current team. Also, you're never quite sure what you have until you see your team against a real opponent. Throw in the unpredictability of rivalry games and it's a game for which we need to be especially ready to make adjustments."

Do you see the difference? I said pretty much the same thing as Collins did. If he'd taken my approach, he wouldn't have come across like a complete goober. Maybe he just needs media training. But maybe he's a complete goober. Our performance the past 4 years hasn't earned him the benefit of the doubt, imo.

Our performance the past 4 years hasn't earned him the benefit of the doubt, imo.

Definitely not. But he still will be on the sidelines Sept. 4. Now make no mistake, I'm not happy about that.

But just for argument's sake isn't DBT's point this: How does one root for CU and root against Collins/Hawkins at the same time?

That seems like hoping the economy tanks or terrorists attack so whatever person I don't like in whatever office gets thrown out.

rodrigo,

I don't root against them. There's nothing that would please me more than if I'm posting in December or January about how I was completely wrong about some members of our coaching staff. I hope to be sitting at Collins' table at the next recruiting banquet so I can tell him that I posted some rough stuff about him on the internet message boards, but I was wrong, I'm sorry, and he's doing one hell of a good job.

I think it's a very small minority (albeit vocal) that is hoping for a bad season so there's no doubt that Hawkins and his Boise coaches are fired. I'm not in that number.

I should add, hopefully before anyone gets all huffy, that that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to think or questioning whether or not they're a true fan.

rodrigo,

I don't root against them. There's nothing that would please me more than if I'm posting in December or January about how I was completely wrong about some members of our coaching staff. I hope to be sitting at Collins' table at the next recruiting banquet so I can tell him that I posted some rough stuff about him on the internet message boards, but I was wrong, I'm sorry, and he's doing one hell of a good job.

I think it's a very small minority (albeit vocal) that is hoping for a bad season so there's no doubt that Hawkins and his Boise coaches are fired. I'm not in that number.

Yeah, I get that, and it certainly comes across in your comments. My rhetorical point was more toward that vocal minority and the overall direction this thread has taken.

Back