What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ron Collins

I'm hoping for 14 wins, a national championship, and Hawk getting bought out of his contract by Nebraska.

Coaching isnt about the unknown. Thats why they gameplan, pretty hard to do when you dont know what another team does. Coaching is about teaching, knowledge, and being able to help motivate. Film work is huge in todays game. The film dont lie, we got gapped alot of times last year and plenty of it was from guys that didnt know what to do. Thats coaching, you have to put your squad in position to make plays and I havent seen that. Even Ron Collins accepts this zen crap I guess, I couldnt tell if he was talking about football or the damn universe.

if i read that and i'm fairchild, i start gameplanning some trick plays immediately. or, to go Donnie Rumsfeld on the unknown unknowns......same fake, fake trick plays.

The biggest unknown for me is why we still have this buttpirate on the staff.

This staff has certainly not done a good job of preparing for games up to now. That is undeniable. Fairchild has outcoached Hawkins and his staff the last two years. To me, CU should beat csu by at least two touchdowns. But I think any college coach will tell you that how your kids will perfrom in the first game is somewhat of a mystery. It isn't like the NFL where they have off season practices and pre season games before the first real game of the year. In a lot of cases, a college coach is putting kids out there for the first time. Even our now highly regarded receiving corps have ony one guy, really, who has been game tested with this team. I think McNight and Espinoza are the only two that have caught a pass in a game for us. So, yeah, there is a lot of mystery about this team.

How would any of your lives be if every ****ing thing you said got ripped appart and posted on some ****ing internet site for all to see. I'm so sick of this B U L L S H I T!

I think my life would be OK. I could take the ribbing if I was making that salary. Especially since I've never produced a damn thing on the field.

I am hoping against hope that Collins is more prepared than that blurb made him sound. Anyway you slice it, that quote does not inspire much confidence. I hope he's more prepared for the CSU offense than he was for that interview. And it's pretty brutal that he couldn't come up with a single guy who surprised him...REALLY?? How about the true freshman you put on the 2 deep at CB?

How would any of your lives be if every ****ing thing you said got ripped appart and posted on some ****ing internet site for all to see. I'm so sick of this B U L L S H I T!

A million a year to stay off the internet? Sure, where do I sign up? Although missing SYKO's anal wart blast would have been a letdown.

I am hoping against hope that Collins is more prepared than that blurb made him sound. Anyway you slice it, that quote does not inspire much confidence. I hope he's more prepared for the CSU offense than he was for that interview. And it's pretty brutal that he couldn't come up with a single guy who surprised him...REALLY?? How about the true freshman you put on the 2 deep at CB?

I think this coaching staff has determined to say as little as possible in the press. If you heard Hawkins on CJ and Klatt, he was mum on everything. I think they felt like they'd put their collective feet in their collective mouths last year and have made kind of an internal policy to not do that this year.

I think this coaching staff has determined to say as little as possible in the press. If you heard Hawkins on CJ and Klatt, he was mum on everything. I think they felt like they'd put their collective feet in their collective mouths last year and have made kind of an internal policy to not do that this year.

If you are right, they can put a check mark on their list of little things by the line item: Don't say stupid stuff in the media. I beleive they have that one fixed, and I give them credit for same.

This staff has certainly not done a good job of preparing for games up to now. That is undeniable. Fairchild has outcoached Hawkins and his staff the last two years. To me, CU should beat csu by at least two touchdowns. But I think any college coach will tell you that how your kids will perfrom in the first game is somewhat of a mystery. It isn't like the NFL where they have off season practices and pre season games before the first real game of the year. In a lot of cases, a college coach is putting kids out there for the first time. Even our now highly regarded receiving corps have ony one guy, really, who has been game tested with this team. I think McNight and Espinoza are the only two that have caught a pass in a game for us. So, yeah, there is a lot of mystery about this team.

we kicked the ever living **** out of csu two years ago.

A million a year to stay off the internet? Sure, where do I sign up? Although missing SYKO's anal wart blast would have been a letdown.

I hope you mean "blast" as a figure-of-speech for "insult".

I hope you mean "blast" as a figure-of-speech for "insult".
:lol: Yes, I did. I mean I like SYKO's posts and all, but let's not get carried away...

I tried to rep you, but the machine wouldn't let me, so I'll say it here...you got me.:smile2:

I'm fine with that strategy, but these questions were complete softballs - they weren't asking what his gameplan was or to predict how many wins we'd get this season. Name one guy who has surprised in a good way...there's a lot of good answers for that question and this wasn't it. I'm a little sensitive to Collins because he's got a lot to prove IMO, and he's not helping his case with a lot of fans that already have a low opinion of him. He could certainly change my opinion completely on Sep 4th, but until then this is all I have to go on with regard to his preparation.

I'm fine with that strategy, but these questions were complete softballs - they weren't asking what his gameplan was or to predict how many wins we'd get this season. Name one guy who has surprised in a good way...there's a lot of good answers for that question and this wasn't it. I'm a little sensitive to Collins because he's got a lot to prove IMO, and he's not helping his case with a lot of fans that already have a low opinion of him. He could certainly change my opinion completely on Sep 4th, but until then this is all I have to go on with regard to his preparation.

I'm right with you on everything. One additional thought, however: did it ever occur to anyone that Collins doesn't give a ***t what any of us think? How else can you explain it?

Back