What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rose Bowl Thread - Oregon v Florida State

[tweet]550836041100558338[/tweet]
Helfrich is very fortunate #86 and #36 do not appear in the Duck's 2 deep depth chart.

I for one would tackle it slightly differently from an OU PR perspective: "I applaud some of our team member's support of an anti-rape message, but in the future, we just ask them to do it in such a ways as it does not appear to be also degrading an opponent as that is not how we represent our university" (end of story).

Helfrich is very fortunate #86 and #36 do not appear in the Duck's 2 deep depth chart.

I for one would tackle it slightly differently from an OU PR perspective: "I applaud some of our team member's support of an anti-rape message, but in the future, we just ask them to do it in such a ways as it does not appear to be also degrading an opponent as that is not how we represent our university" (end of story).

That would have been perfect. Rep.

To say that game was fun would be an understatement! I have never made it to a Ducks bowl game until yesterday and it was worth every penny. It was also nice to escape the -30 below and snow, but that's just a bonus.

:wtf:

Like when working out of the end zone, Mariota pulled the ball back and Fowler called a fumble that he recovered? Kirkstreet had to correct him on that flub. I thought they were barely listenable, and often I didn't.

For my money, and most of you kids won't know wtf I'm talking about, Lindsey Nelson was the best college football announcer. He called the game but didn't have to fill the air constantly. These guys need to learn to stfu and watch the game some of the time.

I felt bad for Fowler. Calling games obviously isn't his forte, and he had to do it on the biggest stage this side of the Super Bowl.

I too was irritated with both of their needs to fill every millisecond of air time. ****, even Tebow didn't do that.

To each his own, I suppose. I thought they did a very solid job calling that game. I don't look for perfection, just tell me what's happening and throw in some interesting facts from time to time. I thought they did that very well. Fowler isn't a play-by-play man usually, but he has become the face of college football. I thought he was terrific.

To say that game was fun would be an understatement! I have never made it to a Ducks bowl game until yesterday and it was worth every penny. It was also nice to escape the -30 below and snow, but that's just a bonus.

Insanely jealous. Some day, CU WILL go to the Rose Bowl. When that day comes, I'm going to be there. Until then, enjoy your ride. You have a great team in Eugene.

now go win us some playoff scratch!

Insanely jealous. Some day, CU WILL go to the Rose Bowl. When that day comes, I'm going to be there. Until then, enjoy your ride. You have a great team in Eugene.
that's all i could think about watching the game yesterday. we will take over that stadium one day...

:wtf:

Like when working out of the end zone, Mariota pulled the ball back and Fowler called a fumble that he recovered? Kirkstreet had to correct him on that flub. I thought they were barely listenable, and often I didn't.

For my money, and most of you kids won't know wtf I'm talking about, Lindsey Nelson was the best college football announcer. He called the game but didn't have to fill the air constantly. These guys need to learn to stfu and watch the game some of the time.
Ah, Lindsey Nelson, voice of Notre Dame Football and I think he did the Cotton Bowl for something like 30 years in a row.

Not sure that PAHI has backed off from that opinion. Somehow the Pac-12 is still an average P5 conference and Oregon is soft.

Great day of football yesterday. Nik, I'm pretty rational. If UCLA and WA win today, I'll admit that the Pac 12 was way above average this year. Oregon is obviously really good and I've underrated them. Should be a great NC game and it seems like Oregon should be a 6 or 7 point favorite; haven't seen a line though.

Great day of football yesterday. Nik, I'm pretty rational. If UCLA and WA win today, I'll admit that the Pac 12 was way above average this year. Oregon is obviously really good and I've underrated them. Should be a great NC game and it seems like Oregon should be a 6 or 7 point favorite; haven't seen a line though.

Good. We'll find out some more today. From what I've seen so far, the Pac-12 has the best quarterbacks and most speed while also having vastly under-rated OLs and DLs (look at some of the top draft picks projected from the trenches and you'll see a lot of Pac-12 guys).

Oregon opened as a touchdown favorite.

Believe it is UO by 7

I have been to a lot of great Duck games, but nothing even came close to that experience. One day CU will play a game there and my recommendation is that you go no matter how much it costs. The atmosphere was impressive and it is the first time maybe ever that Duck fans have outnumbered the opposing fanbase. Heck even going to the Rose Parade was awesome and I never really enjoyed that when I watched it on TV.

CD, I can't wait. Long before CU to the PAC was a rumor, I would watch the Rose Parade and the Rose bowl and was jealous. I wanted CU to be part of that. I can't wait for the day that we do get to play in the Rose Bowl.

To each his own, I suppose. I thought they did a very solid job calling that game. I don't look for perfection, just tell me what's happening and throw in some interesting facts from time to time. I thought they did that very well. Fowler isn't a play-by-play man usually, but he has become the face of college football. I thought he was terrific.

I was coming back to acknowledge in my post that it's a matter of taste. I just personally don't care at all for "herbie" and Fowler's better commenting,\; he flat out screwed up a few plays and overall I didn't think did well at all. Together I thought they were a mess.

Ah, Lindsey Nelson, voice of Notre Dame Football and I think he did the Cotton Bowl for something like 30 years in a row.

Funny, I didn't remember it being only Notre Dame football, I thought it was just whoever came up. Could be the 45-50 years that have passed have something to do with that. I liked his delivery, though.

Funny, I didn't remember it being only Notre Dame football, I thought it was just whoever came up. Could be the 45-50 years that have passed have something to do with that. I liked his delivery, though.
He did the nationally syndicated Notre Dame program, I think it was a condensed replay of games.

I have been to a lot of great Duck games, but nothing even came close to that experience. One day CU will play a game there and my recommendation is that you go no matter how much it costs. The atmosphere was impressive and it is the first time maybe ever that Duck fans have outnumbered the opposing fanbase. Heck even going to the Rose Parade was awesome and I never really enjoyed that when I watched it on TV.

CD, I can't wait. Long before CU to the PAC was a rumor, I would watch the Rose Parade and the Rose bowl and was jealous. I wanted CU to be part of that. I can't wait for the day that we do get to play in the Rose Bowl.

The Rose Bowl has to be on any serious college fans bucket list. It not only is the oldest of the major bowls but it is far and away the richest in tradition. I think it has lost a little bit since it is no longer automatically the PAC winner vs. the Big 10 winner but is still the richest in tradition and that sense of timelessness.

Colorado had a taste of that kind of tradition back in the old Big 8 days when players coming into Big 8 schools knew the measure of career success was how many orange bowls they went to. Of course you still couldn't compare Miami to LA and the Big 8 didn't have a comparable tie like the Big 10.

Once the Texas schools started getting involved lots of that tradition started to go away. The PAC, even with expansion and the implementation of the BCS system still has managed to maintain a tie to that Rose Bowl magic.

Back