What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roster Updates

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
[tweet]342033335222153217[/tweet]

[tweet]342070251103600643[/tweet]

Good news, I am now liking our TE depth for the fall.

Hobbs, Fernandez, Slavin, Irvin, Ray is a good bunch to have at TE.

Irvin? Did Michael Irvin come out of retirement or something? Last I saw looks like he's up to 250 or so. Now fits as a TE.

Hobbs gives us a TE that other teams actually have to scheme for. It's a big impact.

GT upgrades the speed of our WRs and it's up to the coaches to find ways to get him the ball and build his confidence. He's got much better hands than he showed last season, but was pressing.

Very important pieces to this puzzle over the next 3 seasons.

Irwin happy now.

Timmy wasn't the one who was giving you a hard time about spelling. I believe the "consistency" he speaks of is in relation to you seeming to think everyone on the Buffs roster is a good football player and that every position group has good depth as long as there is an adequate number of bodies at the position.

Marques Mosley would be my guess. I thought I heard something a while back about Juda Parker also having issues. Anyone have more insight?

Last edited:
I spoke with a kid that finished up his eligibility at SJSU Tomey's last year that had another year of school to finish up his degree. He was around the program and said MacIntyre is the kind of coach players like to play for. The lack of defections here is pretty consistent with that.

Marques Mosley would be my guess. I thought I heard something a while back about Juda Parker also having issues. Anyone have more insight?

Based on Mosley's tweets, I'd agree, but in Ringo's story that he wrote after that tweet added that the player in question "was not a regular contributor." Mosley was sixth in tackles, played more than 500 snaps, had one of our three picks and returned a kick for a TD. Under Ringo's description, I would tend to say it isn't Mosley. Parker, maybe — he had 19 tackles all season.

Based on Mosley's tweets, I'd agree, but in Ringo's story that he wrote after that tweet added that the player in question "was not a regular contributor." Mosley was sixth in tackles, played more than 500 snaps, had one of our three picks and returned a kick for a TD. Under Ringo's description, I would tend to say it isn't Mosley. Parker, maybe — he had 19 tackles all season.

It's not Parker, or a defensive player at all

Too bad, thought he would be good when he signed. That class of RB's that EB recruited hasn't done much. Catalon clearly was the gem and we lost out.

In fairness to EB, Powell looks like he'll be pretty good.

Timmy wasn't the one who was giving you a hard time about spelling. I believe the "consistency" he speaks of is in relation to you seeming to think everyone on the Buffs roster is a good football player and that every position group has good depth as long as there is an adequate number of bodies at the position.

My statement was I like the depth at TE. I didn't say that I like the depth at every position.

Not a huge fan of the QB, OL, WR, DL,Safety depth. I don't think we have a proven QB, a starter at this point. The QB competition is wide open going into the fall.

Last edited:
My statement was I like the depth at TE. I didn't say that I like the depth at every position.

Not a huge fan of the QB, OL, WR, DL,Safety depth. I don't think we have a proven QB, a starter at this point. The QB competition is wide open going into the fall.

I think the facepalm was about the general belief on this board that TE remains a position of concern. Not spelling, or the assumption your excitement over depth applied to all positions.

I think the facepalm was about the general belief on this board that TE remains a position of concern. Not spelling, or the assumption your excitement over depth applied to all positions.

Yahtzee!!

WR is a concern for you, but TE isn't?

Good point. If there's a position on this football team that appears to have actual depth, it's WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Assuming that PRich is reasonably healthy he may be our best player on offense, McColloch has significant playing experience along with Spruce and G Thomas has played some. Contrast that to TE where Kasa played the majority of the snaps last season with nobody else seeing significant time and BB2 thinks TE is ahead of WR.

Truth is that when you are coming off a 1-11 season with a young roster and a new system I wouldn't say I am comfortable with any position on the team (outside of maybe punter) until we see it happen on the field.

How exactly do you become academically ineligible? What GPA do you have to maintain?

Back