What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RPI Watch (Updated for 2/23 games)

Major choke job by UNLV. **** CSU. Hope air force beats them and they lose their first round tourney game.

CSU's 3-3 record against the RPI top 50 is identical to CU's. Despite the ridiculously inflated RPI, they'll definitely need to win at Air Force on Saturday to be in decent shape. This is a team that is currently 2-9 on the road, including an 0-6 mark in conference play. If they were to lose Saturday and finish the regular season 18-11, 7-7 in the MWC, without a single conference road win and 2-10 in road games overall, they would definitely not be a lock.

I think it has also become clear that the MWC isn't quite as strong as previously thought. Certainly a nice year for the MWC, the middle of the conference is stronger than it's ever been with TCU and CSU having good seasons. However, over the past week or two it's become apparent that that UNLV and San Diego State aren't as strong as previously believed. As such, the conference is a little weaker than some believe, IMO.

The worst news of the night definitely isn't CSU winning. In fact, that gave us RPI help. The biggest concern is over South Florida defeating Louisville and Cincinnati defeating Marquette. If you want to see some strange resumes, go look at South Florida and Cincinnati...Especially South Florida. WTF.

Have to love having 3 RPI top 50 wins right now. We entered Sunday with not one single top 50 win on our resume and now here we are with 3. In the world of StatSheets (the Selection Committee), this is ****ing huge. Of course it doesn't change the fact that we need to take care of business on the road this week, but this is a crucial leap towards being a legitimate bubble candidate instead of lurking on the fringe.

Last edited:
Just got back from the game. Miles made some really nice adjustments second half. Crowd and the students were incredible tonight. I don't know that I have heard Moby that loud in a long long time. CSU has a must win against AFA this weekend and a likely first round matchup against TCU. Win those two and I think we are in. Some really good college ball being played in this state this season. So much fun.

Have to love having 3 RPI top 50 wins right now. We entered Sunday with not one single top 50 win on our resume and now here we are with 3. In the world of StatSheets (the Selection Committee), this is ****ing huge. Of course it doesn't change the fact that we need to take care of business on the road this week, but this is a crucial leap towards being a legitimate bubble candidate instead of lurking on the fringe.

This. Suddenly a sweep this weekend and making some noise in the PAC-12 tourney gives us a decent chance.

We HAVE to take care of business tonight & Saturday though.

Good for CSU. Their resume looks remarkably similar to ours from last season, but with a stronger RPI.

Heading into this weekend

Aside from us REALLY needing to WIN OUT and take care of business

Some things beyond our control which would help our cause

Thursday
----------
Michigan over Illinois

Saturday
------------
West Virginia beats USF (South Florida) though WVU loss not necessarily bad
Villanova over Cincinnati
Boston College over Miami (Fl)
Iowa over Northwestern
George Washington over Dayton
Charlotte over Xavier
Auburn over LSU
Kansas over Texas

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

Thurssday 3/1 games to keep an eye on.

COLORADO (19-9 / 11-5, #77) at Oregon (20-8 / 11-5, #48)

Bubble Watch
#56 Nevada hosts #67 New Mexico State
#39 Virginia hosts #28 Florida State
#74 Illinois hosts #17 Michigan
#80 Wagner hosts #227 Central Connecticut State

CU SOS Games
#109 Georgia at #2 Kentucky
#207 Fresno State hosts #192 Louisiana Tech
#242 Texas Southern hosts #335 Alcorn State

Pac-12 Games
#49 Washington at #259 USC
#132 UCLA hosts #183 Washington State
#156 Oregon State hosts #272 Utah

Just got back from the game. Miles made some really nice adjustments second half. Crowd and the students were incredible tonight. I don't know that I have heard Moby that loud in a long long time. CSU has a must win against AFA this weekend and a likely first round matchup against TCU. Win those two and I think we are in. Some really good college ball being played in this state this season. So much fun.

This is a CU board, go celebrate with csu fans at ramnation. Amazing, you guys get a big win and all you can do is bitch about joel klatt and make digs at cu and the pac 12? You'll always be little brother.

Reactions: RK
This is a CU board, go celebrate with csu fans at ramnation. Amazing, you guys get a big win and all you can do is bitch about joel klatt and make digs at cu and the pac 12? You'll always be little brother.
You forgot the part about them asking who actually knew the fight song.

You forgot the part about them asking who actually knew the fight song.

I'll say it again, csu fans are worse then fusker fans because nebraska actually had something to brag about. CSU can burn in hell for all Iare. Worst fans ever.

Haven't read the last few pages, but we can all stop following this ****. Our only chances at Tourney are wining the PAC Tourney. Now we are playing for NIT seeding.

Haven't read the last few pages, but we can all stop following this ****. Our only chances at Tourney are wining the PAC Tourney. Now we are playing for NIT seeding.

Now we can. Even if we beat Oregon State, win 3 games to get to the P12T finals, and then lose in the final to finish the season 23-11... our resume won't be good enough to get an at-large bid.

Now we can. Even if we beat Oregon State, win 3 games to get to the P12T finals, and then lose in the final to finish the season 23-11... our resume won't be good enough to get an at-large bid.

uhhggg.... so let me ask this, w/ tonites loss and a win at oregon st., we may still have a chance at a bye depending on the other games? or are we toast and got no shot at the bye for the p12 tourney?

uhhggg.... so let me ask this, w/ tonites loss and a win at oregon st., we may still have a chance at a bye depending on the other games? or are we toast and got no shot at the bye for the p12 tourney?

Mathematically possible for 4th, but the chance is about .000000002

We need to make sure we get the win Saturday in order to not fall to the 6th seed. All of a sudden UCLA is merely one game behind us and holds the tie-breaker.

That said, 5th appears to be our destiny. Hopefully we'll be able to knock the **** out USC so badly (like we did at the Galen Center) that we can give our starters a ton of rest. I genuinely do believe playing in the 5/12 gives the 5 seed an advantage in the quarterfinals when they face the 4 -- it's once you reach the semifinals (and beyond..) that fatigue becomes a major detriment.

Mathematically possible for 4th, but the chance is about .000000002

We need to make sure we get the win Saturday in order to not fall to the 6th seed. All of a sudden UCLA is merely one game behind us and holds the tie-breaker.

That said, 5th appears to be our destiny. Hopefully we'll be able to knock the **** out USC so badly (like we did at the Galen Center) that we can give our starters a ton of rest. I genuinely do believe playing in the 5/12 gives the 5 seed an advantage in the quarterfinals when they face the 4 -- it's once you reach the semifinals (and beyond..) that fatigue becomes a major detriment.

To be honest I'd rather be the 6...rather play Utah than USC in a home game round 1, and rather play Arizona than Oregon in Rd 2....then rather play Cal than Washington in the semis...

To be honest I'd rather be the 6...rather play Utah than USC in a home game round 1, and rather play Arizona than Oregon in Rd 2....then rather play Cal than Washington in the semis...

no way, I would much rather play USC and Oregon. Washington is pretty scary right now though.

Back