What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor du jour

Sportsfan101

Colorado is looking at Kevin Sumlin from Houston.

SportsbyBrooks tweeted that a Big 12 assistant mentioned to him today that Colorado was interested in Sumlin.

Mike Bohn, this is easy -- hire McCartney and Bienemy. I like Sumlin, but the best pick is sitting right under your nose. Mac and Scooter FTW!

SportsbyBrooks tweeted that a Big 12 assistant mentioned to him today that Colorado was interested in Sumlin.

Mike Bohn, this is easy -- hire McCartney and Bienemy. I like Sumlin, but the best pick is sitting right under your nose. Mac and Scooter FTW!
Sumlin is a creative coach, but I wonder how much of that is him riding the Art Briles wake. UH looks pretty average all of the sudden. I know Keenum went down with injury, but KS hasn't built on what AB had left behind. Plus KS wasn't in Boulder long enough to say Chataqua before he bailed to go to OU. I kind of doubt he'll be the guy.

Do. Not. Want. For one thing because he lasted about 3 weeks the last time he took a job in Boulder. And for another because he doesn't look nearly as impressive without Case Keenum under center. Plus, he lost to Troy Calhoun in a bowl game, and we all know Calhoun is the worst coach in the history of coaches....

Does he have enough of a resume' that Bohn might give him a second glance? Maybe talk to him?? Yeah, I guess. But should he get the job? No. But if the report is true, it is at least encouraging to know that Bohn's search is covering a pretty wide range....

Sumlin finished last season with a whimper after the noise he made early. This year, they've been a .500 team. And wasn't he the guy who was on the CU staff for like half a second? I just don't see this one, guys.

I like Sumlin and think we could do a lot worse. Before you judge this season too harshly, he lost his starting (Senior) AND his backup (Junior) QB in the same game (game #3) and has played a true freshman QB ever since.

He's not in my top choices, but he's a solid coach who is pretty well thought of.

Look at all these rumors surrounding me everyday, I just need some time, some time to get away.

[video=youtube;DRte0S2a_dA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRte0S2a_dA[/video]

I just want to know who it is. The rumors are killing me softly.......

something else we are not thinking about, Sumlin has a pretty solid deal right now and any coach under contract that is not on the hot seat will have a buyout...I know they vary in dollar range...but not sure we can afford a buy out.

do-not-want.jpg

Back