What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor Has It That Riar Geer Is Eligible This Fall

Maybe I'm not enough of a football fan but I don't find this very woot-worthy.

I'm not saying that I wish he was thrown off the team I just wish there was no need for a thread like this.

Seconded. Sounds like he learned from Sipili's handeling of the issue (settled, didn't fight it) and went about fighting it a different way. No word as to if he will get some games off by Hawk or not. We will see. This certainly helps shore up a position that needed some returning talent.

Seconded. Sounds like he learned from Sipili's handeling of the issue (settled, didn't fight it) and went about fighting it a different way. No word as to if he will get some games off by Hawk or not. We will see. This certainly helps shore up a position that needed some returning talent.
Damn....I will need to chance Cody's quote below if this is all true....

Are eligible and not suspended different things in this context? Or did he get through CU judicial affairs and get reinstated?

Last edited:
Are eligible and not suspended different things in this context? Or did he get through CU judicial affairs and get reinstated?

I think not suspended would refer to judicial affairs. I don't know if Hawk has punished him at all yet.

I think not suspended would refer to judicial affairs. I don't know if Hawk has punished him at all yet.

So I guess that's my question. ITB says he's eligible for the fall which to me means he's academically eligible for the fall semester, but there's no mention of Judicial affairs. And then one has to assume that he gets a game or two suspension from Hawk.

a poster on another site from Grand Junction who went to high school w/Geer said that Geer told him so-

AND yet another site says they aren't surprised by the news but are trying to get confirmation-

Don't bet the farm Gracie

a poster on another site from Grand Junction who went to high school w/Geer said that Geer told him so-

AND yet another site says they aren't surprised by the news but are trying to get confirmation-

Heard Kyle Ringo from the BDC interviewed on a radio show over here yesterday and they asked him about Geer. He sounded almost 100% convinced Geer was not playing this fall, and most likely would be facing the same suspension from campus Sipili was hit with.

The guys hosting the show are pretty well tied in with the HS programs and alums from around here - if they had heard any rumblings Riar is playing this year they hid it VERY well... :huh:

Did I do something I shouldn't have? My point was I don't think that was a very credible source that Riar would play this year. It would be nice but Judicial Affairs doesn't cut alot of slack.

Did I do something I shouldn't have? My point was I don't think that was a very credible source that Riar would play this year. It would be nice but Judicial Affairs doesn't cut alot of slack.

I think your input was fine.

The person posting on last night's chat suggested that the case had been "thrown out". If true, J.A. would no longer have any say in the matter.

I don't have any real information on the matter, however.

I'm in this boat as well. Until I hear it from Hawk and the AD I'm skeptical. I really would like to be true

I think your input was fine.

The person posting on last night's chat suggested that the case had been "thrown out". If true, J.A. would no longer have any say in the matter.

I don't have any real information on the matter, however.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the case was completely dismissed by the DA and the office of judicial affairs decided to punish him anyway.

That's just SOP at the University of Colorado these days.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the case was completely dismissed by the DA and the office of judicial affairs decided to punish him anyway.

That's just SOP at the University of Colorado these days.

Isn't that basically what happened with Sipili? My memory on that deal is fading.

edit: no, what happened with him was that his case made it through the courts, he did whatever he needed to do to satisfy the court system, was reinstated by Hawk, and THEN the office of judicial affairs got involved.

You did fine. My point was that you took the time to register and make your first post about the OP's source not being good so, to me, that took some credibility from the OP. But I'm a little slow sometimes.

You did fine. My point was that you took the time to register and make your first post about the OP's source not being good so, to me, that took some credibility from the OP. But I'm a little slow sometimes.

ITB clearly labeled this as a RUMOR, and not a for sure thing. I would say he has as much credibility as any poster here, more actually, than a number of posters.

If history serves, Judicial Affairs will come to a decission and notify Hawkins at about the time Geer is getting taped up in the Investco locker room.

Whatever has happened or is about to happen in a court of law to Rier is a matter of public record. If the case was already tossed out it should be very easy for anyone to find out exactlie why. I think the question at this point in time is, Hawkins going to go with what the court decided and lift the suspension? Maybe not? Regardless, I would have thought that one of the local rags or TV stations would have reported on it by now? I have not herd or read anything on this, or about Katoa for that matter?

I've read all about Katoa and Sipili's fights, and it annoys me that idiots around CU provoked these guys. I don't know too much about Geer's fight.

However, I do NOT think that Geer should be allowed to play without any consequence on the field. He should be suspended at least a couple of games. Honestly, I've reached the point that if CU suspends Geer for a semester, than fine, let the players learn. If Hawk is going to preach to his kids, and we as fans are going to pride ourselves in, that the CU football program has classy men, then Geer should not go unpunished. Duren got kicked off for trespassing - first degree sure, but it's still not assault. Hold all players to a standard. I think we all love our players and appreciate them, and yet at the same time, many of us probably knew some players while at CU. Many are great; some are not. All of them need to be treated the same, and not shown preferential treatment.

I've read all about Katoa and Sipili's fights, and it annoys me that idiots around CU provoked these guys. I don't know too much about Geer's fight.

However, I do NOT think that Geer should be allowed to play without any consequence on the field. He should be suspended at least a couple of games. Honestly, I've reached the point that if CU suspends Geer for a semester, than fine, let the players learn. If Hawk is going to preach to his kids, and we as fans are going to pride ourselves in, that the CU football program has classy men, then Geer should not go unpunished. Duren got kicked off for trespassing - first degree sure, but it's still not assault. Hold all players to a standard. I think we all love our players and appreciate them, and yet at the same time, many of us probably knew some players while at CU. Many are great; some are not. All of them need to be treated the same, and not shown preferential treatment.

Suspended for what? I'm still unclear on what happened. I've always said if he's guilty he needs to to be held accountable. But in my mind, there's a good chance that he was punched first. Does somebody have info that I don't?

In my mind, what Duren did was far far worse than getting in a fight.

Back