What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor Mill is on to Richt Now... Smoke or Fire?

Just throwin this out there:

Most of the reports I've read over the course of the season seem to lead to Richt being kept because UGA doesn't want to pay him the HUGE buyout he'd be owed if they canned him. They just brought in a new AD that wants to bring in his own guy. CU coming for Richt is a win-win for both sides, they meet in the middle, no buy-out for CU and they substantially reduce the buy-out UGA would owe Richt for canning him.

Most of the reports I've read over the course of the season seem to lead to Richt being kept because UGA doesn't want to pay him the HUGE buyout he'd be owed if they canned him. They just brought in a new AD that wants to bring in his own guy. CU coming for Richt is a win-win for both sides, they meet in the middle, no buy-out for CU and they substantially reduce the buy-out UGA would owe Richt for canning him.

That's all nice, but where there is money to be lost by someone they will put up a fight

That's all nice, but where there is money to be lost by someone they will put up a fight

No, they wouldn't, UGA won't fire Richt this year because of the substantial buy-out. By letting him walk to CU, if it were to happen, both sides wash their hands of the buyouts. Richt doesn't owe UGA for leaving and UGA doesn't have to pay the buy-out for firing him. And that's the point, CU wins, Richt wins and the UGA AD gets what they want. Like I said, it's a win-win.

No, they wouldn't, UGA won't fire Richt this year because of the substantial buy-out. By letting him walk to CU, if it were to happen, both sides wash their hands of the buyouts. Richt doesn't owe UGA for leaving and UGA doesn't have to pay the buy-out for firing him. And that's the point, CU wins, Richt wins and the UGA AD gets what they want. Like I said, it's a win-win.

Let me know when you get back from fantasy world

:yeahthat:

The only problem I see with this is the 7 million or however much Richt stands to make if he's fired. That's a powerful incentive to just hold out and get yourself canned. I guess if he's really interested in the CU job it's a moot point but Richt has the most to lose in the case San Diego outlines.

The beatdown UGA laid on Colt Brennan's Hawaii team in the Sugar Bowl really sticks out in my mind - Richt coached some damn good teams - I like this guy...decent hair too, not great, but decent.

his hair sucks.

In all fairness, he doens't have a lot to work with, and he does the best he can under the circumstances. The problem with Calhoun hair, is that it shows a lack of imagination. I don't get that from Richt. Not great hair, but he hasn't made any decisions with it that really concern me, either.

In all fairness, he doens't have a lot to work with, and he does the best he can under the circumstances. The problem with Calhoun hair, is that it shows a lack of imagination. I don't get that from Richt. Not great hair, but he hasn't made any decisions with it that really concern me, either.

why get bogged down in the details, when yer talent is the big picture? like me.

Except it's not a win for Richt. It's a huge loss. Say you make 100k a year at your current job and your employer clearly believes you've been underperforming - it's possible you may be terminated within a year. If said employer owes you 300k straight up if he fires you, and you know you can get another job paying a little less, say 80k a year, immediately after termination, are you going to bolt for a 70k a year job with an arguably better benefits package and a little more job security? **** and No you're not. Exactly why Richt won't be visiting Boulder anytime soon unless he gets fired.

Except it's not a win for Richt. It's a huge loss. Say you make 100k a year at your current job and your employer clearly believes you've been underperforming - it's possible you may be terminated within a year. If said employer owes you 300k straight up if he fires you, and you know you can get another job paying a little less, say 80k a year, immediately after termination, are you going to bolt for a 70k a year job with an arguably better benefits package and a little more job security? **** and No you're not. Exactly why Richt won't be visiting Boulder anytime soon unless he gets fired.

This is what I was trying to say but you did a much better job than I did. He's not going anywhere unless he gets fired.

716872684-945x827.jpg

...the beer flows like wine up here! Sure half your salary is paid in scenery, but it's sooooo worth it..."

I agree with those hwo have said MR isn't coming here unless he gets canned. There is just too much dinero at UGA, and the same could be said for Miles. MR is most likely putting out feelers as a contingency plan and as a negotiating strategy with UGA.

Richt has been treading water at Georgia for a few years now, even with all of the support he ever needs. What is different in Boulder that would make him successful here? The overwhelming support from the administration, and buckets of money from the boosters? I dont understand some people's reasonings on who they want as HC.

Richt has been treading water at Georgia for a few years now, even with all of the support he ever needs. What is different in Boulder that would make him successful here? The overwhelming support from the administration, and buckets of money from the boosters? I dont understand some people's reasonings on who they want as HC.
It's the quality of HS football. :rolleyes:

Has Richt proven that he can recruit outside the states of Florida or Georgia? If we are going to bash Calhoun for a schedule that is not comparable to a BCS conference schedule, shouldn't we be equally concerned about guys that are recruiting with a loaded deck?

I would be thrilled with Richt. He'd pull in at least top-25 classes year-in and year-out. In the Pac-12 (as opposed to the SEC), that's good for a lot of wins. However, the same could be said for Bienemy, and there is actually a chance he might come here.

95-33 in the nation's toughest conference works for me.

past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
This site and the information contained herein do not constitute an offer or solicitation of an offer for the employment of any football coach.
the risk of loss in hiring football coaches can be substantial. You should therefore carefully consider whether such hiring is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. In considering whether to hire or to authorize someone else to hire for you, you should be aware of the following:
(1) if you hire a football coach, you may sustain a total loss of the premium and of all transaction costs.
(2) if you hire or fire a fooball coach, you may sustain a total loss of the initial margin funds and any additional funds that you deposit with your broker to establish or maintain your position. If the market moves against your position, you may be called upon by your broker to deposit a substantial amount of additional margin funds, on short notice, in order to maintain your position. If you do not provide the required funds within the prescribed time, your position may be liquidated at a loss, and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your account.
(3) under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. This can occur, for example, when the market makes a "limit move."
(4) the placement of contingent orders by you or your athletic director, such as a "stop-loss" or "stop-limit" order, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders.
(5) a "spread" position may not be less risky than a simple "long" or "short" position.
(6) the high degree of leverage that is often obtainable in coach hireing can work against you as well as for you. The use of leverage can lead to large losses as well as gains.
in some cases, managed commodity accounts are subject to substantial charges for management and advisory fees. It may be necessary for those accounts that are subject to these charges to make substantial trading profits to avoid depletion or exhaustion of their assets. This disclosure document contains, at page page 5, a complete description of each fee to be charged to your account by the athletic director.
this brief statement cannot disclose all the risks and other significant aspects of the coach employment markets. You should therefore carefully study this disclosure document and employment process before you hire, including the description of the principal risk factors of this investment, at page page 14.
you should be aware that this athletic director may engage in hiring ex coaches or broadcasters. Transactions on markets located outside the united states, including markets formally linked to a united states market may be subject to regulations which offer different or diminished protection. Further, united states regulatory authorities may be unable to compel the enforcement of the rules of regulatory authorities or markets in non-united states jurisdictions where your transactions may be effected. Before you hire you should inquire about any rules relevant to your contemplated transactions and ask the firm with which you intend to trade for details about the types of redress available in both your local and other relevant jurisdictions.
this athletic director is prohibited by law from accepting funds in the athletic director's name from a client for hiring interests. You must place all funds for hiring in this football program directly with an athletic department administrator.
past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. By clicking onto any promotional material following this point, you are deemed to acknowledge your understanding of this important statement.
By pressing on the "i accept and acknowledge" button below, i acknowledge that i understand the importance of the disclosure statement and i acknowledge that i am an accredited investor. For a definition of an accredited investor please refer to the disclosure page.

I laugh hard when people call out Richt recruiting abillities. This guy could recruit Mars.
And how do you know that? He has only recruited to Florida State and Georgia. Those programs will have top 25 classes every year regardless of who is the coach. A good majority of Richt's classes are from Georgia. The few players that are not are from Florida.

I am not necessarily opposed to Richt. But this has to be a legitimate concern.

And how do you know that? He has only recruited to Florida State and Georgia. Those programs will have top 25 classes every year regardless of who is the coach. A good majority of Richt's classes are from Georgia. The few players that are not are from Florida.

I am not necessarily opposed to Richt. But this has to be a legitimate concern.

I think it is a legit concern, but I would say those ties to Florida and Georgia can be a positive as well. He would still be able to pull several players out of there each year.

I would say the one thing that impresses me about Richt's recruiting outside of those two states, is the fact that when he did leave those two states, he generally landed dynamic prospects (Matt Stafford, Knowshon Moreno, AJ Green, etc.).

How about stability and appreciation?

I say smoke.

I still don't see any reason for Mark Richt (or Les Miles) to give up jobs where they are earning HUGE paychecks, to come to CU where they have:

1) Less salary
2) Less resources
3) Less support
4) Similar expectations

Richt is making $3.1 million right now. He has a "longevity clause" in his contract, similar to what Barnett had. The stories I have read indicate that it would cost Georgia approximately $7 million to terminate him.

I just don't think it is very likely that Miles / Richt would give up their cash cows to come to cash strapped CU.

Also expectations at CU are not what they are at georgia, richt has had one bad season in 10 years adn theya re calling for his head. We've had what 2 good ones in that time frame?

Back