1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumor

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jjbuffs13, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Overheard Tony Peremba, RS Frosh DE while I was eating breakfast that Chris Perri quit after a fight with one of the coaches. Anyone know any truth to that, that would be quite the loss if its true.

Sexton Hardcastle and sackman like this.
  2. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I don't see why a player would make something up like that??? And overheard or ease-dropped??:lol: Good work though. That is sad news...

3. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

If true, a loss because of the position he plays, but not a loss because that kid, in a very short time here, has certainly gotten himself into too many predicaments for my liking. I'm all about giving a player a 2nd chance but he seems to have run out of those.

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

What position is Perri? Dline?

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If true, this kid has some serious anger issues he needs to deal with. He's a ticking time bomb, along the lines of a Christian Peter, that frankly has no place at CU.

If not true, forget I said any of that. :smile2:

6. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Well put. You aren't perhaps running for office? You'd make a good politician. :lol:

7. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

:yeahthat::bang:

8. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Too bad. I really feel sorry for the kid.

9. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

I heard a rumor that Coach Hawkins wife cuts his hair with a mixing bowl and a flowbee! :smile2: That's just what I had heard anyways........

[​IMG]

10. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

give it a couple of days to flesh out

11. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Crap, who linked this thread to another site? There's about 40 guests viewing it right now.:wow:

12. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

On a serious note....I bet there are more kids that "quit" after getting their asses chewed by coaches then we hear about. I bet the coaches will bring him in for a "sit down"....explain to him why he got his ass chewed, tell him that he hopes it won't happen again...run about a 1000 stairs, and everything will be just fine!

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

And that may very well be the case here. However, in Perri's case, he's on a very short leash. He's facked up once already and managed to get Michael Sipilli suspended for a semester because of his actions. Any more stuff like that and he becomes an unacceptable liability. He knows that, too.

I'm really hoping for his sake that this is all just heresay and overblown rumormongering.

14. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

Except that kind of thing never happens on the internet. :bang:

15. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

That's common knowledge. What's your ****ing point?

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Sacky's a flip flopper! :lol:

17. BroncoBuff

BroncoBuff New Member

I told ya so .....

When we signed Perri a year ago I remember saying that his departure from San Jose State - to a JC - looked suspicious. I guess I don't mind giving a guy a second chance, but I'm not surprised he blew it.

18. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

...and a ballot stuffer... and a stuffer of other things too (if you believe that guy from netbuffs :lol:).

19. jjbuffs13

He just happen to be sitting very close to me and talking very loud, I cant help what I hear, I just report it.

20. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Are you seriously saying, "I told ya so" based on a rumor? I know this isn't netbuffs, but that doesn't mean that everything said here is true. Let's wait for something even semi-official to come out before we show him the door.

At least put a politically correct retraction in your statement like sacky.

21. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm not doubting jj, but it could be case of emotions getting the best of Perri, blowing up and saying something like "that's it, I quit" I suspect that Pittman was kicking these guys asses right now and somethings might have been said. I do agree that we need to wait until this is substantiated before spreading it as gospel.

22. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Exactly. Hope it's a minor flare-up that will be forgotten in a couple of days.

23. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Just to put this rumor to bed, Kyle Ringo writes in the Camera today:

"...So a few people e-mailed me on Wednesday afternoon and told me they had heard defensive lineman Christopher Perri had quit the team or was kicked off the team for some sort of altercation.

This was news to me because I just saw Chris on Tuesday and he looked about as upbeat as I've ever seen him. We shook hands in passing and he said everything was going great.

I asked CU sports information director Dave Plati about the rumor. He said no player has been kicked off the team or quit other than those who came to a mutual decision with Hawkins to part ways with CU at the end of the season. "

24. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Someone asked Bohn about it and it sound like that was untrue. Methinks JJbuffs needs to take off the earphones with the sound dish and put down the reporters notebook. Otherwise the football players will just keep messing with him.

But good job Jimmy Olsen!:thumbsup:

(of course, if it does turn out to be true now, I have to eat some crow, but it you pan sear it with some chantrells and marsala wine, maybe a little garlic and serve over a bed of linguine, it ain't half bad!)

25. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Maybe I'm just drawing a blank here, but do we know who those players would be?? :confused:

26. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

One of the guys was our kickoff guy this year.

27. jjbuffs13

Like I said I was just asking about what I heard, I didnt expect it to be true just because I would have expected to see read something in the news about it as opposed to hearing it from a player.

It could have been a flare of emotions and he said "I quit" and that is all that other player heard and thats what he was basing this off of.

Sorry for the scare

28. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I think he is referring to Tyler Cope, Alvin Barnett and Jarrell Yates. I forget where I saw it, but these three have decided to go their own way. Best of luck to each of them.

29. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Lefty beat me to it.

30. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Thanks. I remember that now. I am sorry to see that it didn't work out with Yates, who I think had big time potential. Barnett never seemed to get going here, and Cope - well let's just say I'm glad we have two brand new kickers coming in.... :huh: